Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - possible system operator interview? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/29/24 at 03:02:32

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   possible system operator interview?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: possible system operator interview?  (Read 615 times)
Beowulf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

possible system operator interview?
« on: 02/18/03 at 08:35:30 »
Quote Quote

TEXT
Undecided hey...i am known in game as Beowulf....and i have been writing alot of my own descriptions of some of the sqaures in the game...was wondering if perhaps jlh or pandilex or any of the guys would take a look at em..see if they like em? maybe even get me to help out if you know what i mean...some of my friends in game have read over em..and they like them...they say i have a good imagination...get back to me? thanks
IP Logged
Beonkey

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: possible system operator interview?
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/03 at 17:58:03 »
Quote Quote

I wish to become a Staff member i am very Helpful in the game. and i have good idea's for new Races and class' that i might think you'll like. In Game i'm either Asmodeuz or Roenor.
i Really do hope you'll think about letting me be a Staff member cuz i think i'd make a good Staff member Idol for the new players that come into the game and the old members.
IP Logged
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/18/03 at 19:44:10 »
Quote Quote

*chuckles*
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Nocturnal
United_Kingdom 

Elmer Season!

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/18/03 at 19:59:07 »
Quote Quote

If you are really so willing to take up:
1. A huge workload
2. Potential abuse from players  
3. A huge cut in your social life (Well, If you have one)  
4. Accusations of cheating or doing nothing

Then e-mail JLH or Pandi (You can find their E-mail Addresses on the main Nightmist Site) with your Qualifications, how long you have been playing, previous experience of RPG's and generally why you would make a good staff member in no more than 300 words. IF there is a opening and you are on the shortlist, THEN JLH and Pandi will E-Mail you back. If you recieve no correspondence from Jonathan or Simon, then it most likely means there is:

1. No openings
2. You are not skilled enough
3. Send them an E-Mail saying "I WaNT tO bE A StaFF MeMBErz cOZ I RuLEZ" (Or something along those lines)

If that is the case, don't pester them about getting a position as a staff member for a LONG time.

Hope that helps.
IP Logged

Daffy, Custard, Firestorm, Abundance and Nocturnal
Nocturnal Inc.
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/19/03 at 03:16:50 »
Quote Quote

I think the biggest thing, if you wanna have a good chance at being staff, is to use PROPER englsh and try to use correct punctuation and spelling. I wouldn't mind being staff, but how many people wouldn't? Personally, I woudn't need a staff crit, I wouldn't need 'special abilities', all I would need is the ability to put my area in.  Smiley
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/19/03 at 06:26:14 »
Quote Quote

kign macros si wrong! waht mattars most si yuor big ideas guY~!!1 i think durids shold get more stamana!1! adn use teh weapens like blad of thyme and tings whith the 29 baise damege tahts why i shold be sisop yeah! adn i cold maek sweet areas taht drop awsom wapons adn like 2000 gold for noobes (tey suck!!) yeah! thts what you need! can i be stafff nowHuh

man, im such a shoe-in now.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/19/03 at 12:49:22 »
Quote Quote

If you wanna make pokes at what I say, make a post on the discussion forum about how stupid I am, wait I'll do it for you.

Anyways, I'm trying to see the game have areas for all classes and all lvl's to make it fun for everyone, not just people like Grushanka who will never see them.
IP Logged
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/19/03 at 13:35:32 »
Quote Quote

actually that post was directed at the many people i've seen in game and on forum putting forth poorly construed "i'd be a good staffer" speeches. for as long as i've been here i've never seen open auditions for sysop positions; it's always been a "don't call us we'll call you" kind of situation.

i am actually in agreeance with you on the point that creative and articulate people have a higher chance at being called into duty. how you managed to see that as a personal shot at you is beyond me. i meant it to only poke fun at various open pleas for recognition and the incoherent babbling that many here call communication. if your making the foundation for some area building then kudos to you, i commend you for not expecting a staff position to install it also. im not sure how many other people realize that they can do work for this game without grid editing and teleporting everywhere.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/19/03 at 14:07:49 »
Quote Quote

on the basis you said my name, i saw it as a flame towards me, sorry i was wrong. I wouldn't mind seeing more people in the game just being 'Area Developers' and not have sysop crits.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/20/03 at 00:23:13 »
Quote Quote

Stop trying to become staff and develop areas and also help staff. In this way you will be noticed (or something along those lines) and maybe made a staff if your right for the job.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Beowulf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 02/20/03 at 02:06:51 »
Quote Quote

I post one message and people go off on me.  For starters I doubt i make it, but my head is held high. And for two, I don't want to make areas, I simply want to attempt to improve what already exists. By the way...i get plenty of crap talked to me in the game. I think I  can handle it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.