Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The Pyramid of Al'Jamed »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 11:24:12

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   The Pyramid of Al'Jamed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Pyramid of Al'Jamed  (Read 526 times)
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

The Pyramid of Al'Jamed
« on: 01/18/03 at 01:03:26 »
Quote Quote

Many years ago in the desert now known as Jahanna, there once was a town known as Jamed Hasad. The town was quite rich and it held wonderful craftsman who could make wonderful peices of jewelry magical and mundane. The town, Jamed Hasad was also governed over by a great pharoh, known as Al'Jamed. The people of the town loved him - he was a generous pharoh who made sure noone wanted for anything.  

As the years went by, Al'Jamed became an old man - fragile and weak - until one day he died in his sleep due to old age. A gigantic pyramid was built in his name as his grave. He was burried deep inside the pyramid to keep anyone from disturbing his eternal slumber. Hundreds of traps kept intruders from entering his tomb, making it nearly impossible for strangers who didn't have the crest of shil'fisair to enter Al'Jamed's tomb and steal his ashes.

However, the pharoh's death caused the citizens to be crushed, they no longer had their wonderous ruler. Only 1 year after the death of the king, a horrible disaster befell the town. A monster known as "Platinum Soul Dragon" to the barbarian tribes who once faced it, attacked the town and slaughtered all the townspeople. After killing the townspeople the Platinum Soul Dragon still finds its home in Jamed Hasad, killing all those who may venture near the town, yet to be killed to avenge the townspeople of Jamed Hasad.

Jamed Hasad after falling was abandoned, years passed, decades past, centuries past, until the town was all but forgotten. Buried under the sands of time, the town is just waiting to be re-discovered.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, a part of the town suddenly has came closer to the surface after many years of the sand being moved by sand storms. The town can be entered through a deep hole in the sand looking simialar to a quick sand pit, which will drop you into a thin tunnel that eventually leads to the town of Jamed Hasad. Follow the path and you'll eventually see the ruins of Jamed Hasad. You still see beaten paths where streets once were, although time sand,monsters and other natural disasters warped the paths makes it impossible to walk along the origanal streets. The path to the pyramid is now twizted which is also where the Platinum Soul dragon now rests.

The Platinum Soul Dragon will still be alive, although it'll be extremely hard to kill seeing as it's supposed to be a no-respawning quest boss(One kill one drop only). Except for this monster, the spirit of Al'Jamed will be hidden inside the pyramid, ready to destroy anyone who makes it to his chamber, raised by the necromancer Balizuel he is evil although in life he was good (Also a boss). The pyramid is extremly dangerous, it is dark and is also filled with many traps.

----------------------------------------------------------

Potential boss drops:
Necromancer: Robes for mages, slightly better than the Golden ones. Drop rate: 50%
Spirit of Al'Jamed: Ring with +4 armor. Drop rate: 20-30%
Platinum Soul Dragon: Whatever, quests like rings, bracelets and amulets are in short supply right now.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

Re: The Pyramid of Al'Jamed
« Reply #1 on: 01/18/03 at 01:42:04 »
Quote Quote

If anyone thinks the idea is intresting me and Gus can come up with room descriptions, but first we want to know if anyone thinks it is a decent idea, or sucks horribly lol
IP Logged
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/19/03 at 22:55:05 »
Quote Quote

Story's good, the descriptions are the most important part, I'd need to see them.
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/19/03 at 23:47:12 »
Quote Quote

Alright we'll make the descriptions we just wanted to see if anyone found the story intresting, or if the idea didn't appeal to anyone. You want us to post the description/map, or do you want us to email them to you to check them out?
IP Logged
Rattlesnake
USA 

Miau

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 01/20/03 at 19:17:22 »
Quote Quote

I think it sounds really good. I'd like to see you guys make it.
IP Logged

Contact Sweet_Dream in game. Smiley
My Pictures
PyroSonicX
USA 

ANTI-SOCIAL!!!

PyroSonicX   GodofallEvil187
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/23/03 at 15:19:24 »
Quote Quote

I like it, i was trying to come up with a pyramid one myself, and i seem to like your guy's better, good luck, and cant wait to hear more about it
IP Logged

~~Nautica~Novocaine~Chymaera~Slip_Knot~~
You are wrong,f**ked,and overrated
I think I'm gonna be sick and it's your fault
This is the end of EVERYTHING
You are the end of EVERYTHING
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/25/03 at 00:36:01 »
Quote Quote

Well Insomnia is working on mapping while I am working on descriptions, we should be able to post them within a day or two. We would have had them earlier but we had to sort all the information out first.
IP Logged
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 01/25/03 at 02:26:08 »
Quote Quote

I really like the story line and saw the beginning of the descroptions in clan chat and I think it's an awesome idea. You guys rock  Grin *two thumbs up!*
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
Catalyst
Niger 

I ain't no Nigga.

Dumnut5
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/26/03 at 08:54:18 »
Quote Quote

The only thing i don't like is the Platinum Soul Drgaon that it is a one kill monster the story is sweet though...Platinum Dragon should respawn like a week or two later maybe even months or like give the Al'Jamed dude a birthday and have it respawn on that day...
IP Logged

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/26/03 at 14:04:35 »
Quote Quote

If it is put in the game they way we planned it'll have a day spawn or two in the area so you don't have to worry about bosses spawning.
IP Logged
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/18/03 at 07:40:41 »
Quote Quote

I think that this area would be a great addition to the game ... i also made a post (The Sea of Smaug/Leviathon) if you could take a look at that and tell me if it sucks or not. I want to know if it will be any good before i just go wasting my time thinking up good descriptions. And if you would also specify what descriptions you want me to add i would gladly do so.( if the idea is any good)
IP Logged

Fight
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.