Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Path to city of Penalia »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 00:18:04

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Path to city of Penalia
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Path to city of Penalia  (Read 861 times)
King_Macros

Email

Path to city of Penalia
« on: 02/15/03 at 21:57:22 »

There was a city, that not to long ago, men and woman alike traveled to as one of their first journeys. The goblins and spiders barely caused any problems for the travelers, and kept mostly to their own adventures. But lately something has been stirring everything up. Upon entrance, everthing calm and beautiful seems to turn into utter chaos. Even the kindess of mocking birds seem to attack anything it see's. A party of new warriors saw their chance to gain much needed experience, and ventured into this area. They battled for days, seen by many travelers who used their paths to get to Penalia. But For a couple weeks, the monsters have been growing stronger, the paths wilderer, and the party hasnt been seen at all. <more story will be added if this idea is liked>

There would be 7 areas to this off section of nightmist, at the end a small city. Most being preety small (first one is a total of 43 squares) and it would be limited in lvl. It would either be limited to 15 and under, or would be 20 under, then would slim down to 15 under at a certain point.  

I'll put the description for the first part.

Stone Path:

Standing before the entrance: Tinder Street: You are standing on the smooth cobbles of Tinder Street. The street continues North and East. To the West is a path. <east is the Church and west it Aritoch Drakespine's clinic>

When you first go onto stone path: You are standing on a path made with small rocks and pebbles. You may enter Nightmist to the east, or you can travel on by going West.  

When you enter a square: You are standing on a path of rocks. you may follow the path by going *directions*

Look around: The sky above you seems to dim a bit, as though it's becoming nightime, although you know it's the middle of the day. Underneath your feet are small pebbles and rocks. You may travel farther onto the Stone Path by going West, or go back by going *direction(s). Nightmist is to your East.

Monsters: Thief <few and set to certain squares>

Traps: none

Bosses: Nassar - Has a mumble, which is given out by a boss in the Valley <last area before Penalia>. He is generally the main boss, and who is stirring up all the problems in the area.  

Total Area: Area<75

--------------------

Next area would be Goblin Forest.

When you enter a square: The forest's canopy lets little light in, and its hard to see the path. You can follow the path your on by going *direction(s).

look around (in a square on outer endge of forest): When you were standing outside the forest, it seemed so much more beautiful then what it is now that your in it. Do to the lack of small animals, you fear that somewhere around here, there might be some trouble. You may travel on the path by going *direction(s)*, but you may find it hard because of the lack of light.

look around (area farther in the forest): You can barely see whats around you do to the thick canopy of the trees, but what you can see you don't like. Twigs are breaking all around you, and you feel as though someone is spying on you. You may follow the path by going *direction(s)*.

Monsters: Mocking Bird, Goblin, Forest Spider, and Garden Spider

Traps: Without a torch equipped on the leader of the party, 1%-10% <ceratin sqaures have more of a chance> of running into a tree for 5-10 damage

Area: Area<200

--------------------

Dirt Path is next

1st square after forest: You are standing on a path made of dirt. To your East is a beautiful forest. You can travel further on the Dirt Path by going West.

look around: You are standing on a path made of sand and dirt. To your East you hear mocking birds singing from the forest. Farther West you see mountains. You may travel farther onto the path by going west, or go East into the forest.

<will add more if anyone likes the idea>
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

Re: Path to city of Penalia
« Reply #1 on: 02/15/03 at 22:28:52 »

I like the idea, would like to see a more in depth story though.  I would also refrain from using times like day and night since people will be there at different times.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/18/03 at 07:45:45 »

If been a little lazy lately, not putting more of the story on. sorry.

Anyways, just wanted to put down the areas i put together to make this humungus area...and boss drops <if i could make them>

Pebble Path <1-15> 1 boss - Weapon for all classes... boss is a 1 spawn a week, drop rate is 25%

Goblin Forest <1-15> no bosses

Dirt Path <1-15> 1 boss - drops a key to Abandoned House 1% of time and respawns ever 10 minutes

Abandoned House <1-15> 1 boss - drops a potion of some kind drop rate is 50%... spawns 1 time a day

Damp Caves <1-15> no bosses

Mountains of Sentar <an extension> <1-30> no bosses

Hidden Valley <1-15> 2 bosses - 1st gives mumble to get into Nassars pub... spawns 1 time a day; 2nd gives armor.... spawns 1 time a day 10% drop rate

City of Penalia <1-30> no bosses

Jail <1-25> 2 bosses - 1st drops key to sheriffs office drop is 100%... spawns every hour;
2nd drops key to nassars back room drop is 5%.... spawns every hour
« Last Edit: 02/18/03 at 09:52:57 by King_Macros » IP Logged
Lurch
USA 

Diffrent_Lurch
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/18/03 at 09:46:23 »

I really like this area idea and should be put in to place in my mind. But i would really like to see the jail have a weapon for the new Berserker race, like some kind of shank.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/18/03 at 23:29:48 »

THE 10 FOOT CHAIN you could find it in the jail YAY just a suggestion
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/18/03 at 23:43:04 »

I would love to see the admins let me make this area  Grin
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/20/03 at 00:25:52 »

Where are theyHuh they should have looked should they have not?
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/20/03 at 02:17:41 »

King_Macros - I sent you a message via forums.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/20/03 at 22:01:48 »

YAY we might get an area WOOOHOOO
IP Logged

King_Macros

Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/25/03 at 16:30:38 »

i hope, havent gotten much response, lol
IP Logged
Lurch
USA 

Diffrent_Lurch
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 08/24/03 at 04:54:27 »

will this area still going to be put inHuh
IP Logged
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 08/24/03 at 06:40:18 »

Please do not dig up old topics...
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 08/24/03 at 07:55:42 »

it looks like a pretty good area though...but as i understand it they're not going to put in any new areas for a while...why dont they just close this part of the forum then?
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 08/24/03 at 08:17:04 »

they are putting in new areas, but they must be approved by JLH
IP Logged
DannysGirl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 08/24/03 at 22:22:24 »

I think that this area is very well written and should be put in the game if its not already being put into the game.
Also....
on 08/24/03 at 04:54:27, Lurch wrote:
will this area still going to be put inHuh

Learn English...you might actually make sense then.
IP Logged
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #15 on: 08/24/03 at 23:31:28 »

stfu you stupid very *friendly* person. All I've seen you do is put other people down, even when theres no reason to. just stfu.

Edit: no shes not a ****ing 'friendly' person, shes a slút
IP Logged
ice_cold

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 08/25/03 at 00:25:33 »

on 08/24/03 at 23:31:28, Mephistroth wrote:
stfu you stupid very *friendly* person. All I've seen you do is put other people down, even when theres no reason to. just stfu.

Edit: no shes not a ****ing 'friendly' person, shes a slút

i would appreciate knowing your crits in game please...
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 08/25/03 at 03:31:58 »

You all succeed in getting the most simple development thread locked.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.