Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mana Absorb. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 08:52:06

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Mana Absorb.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mana Absorb.  (Read 1843 times)
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

Mana Absorb.
« on: 01/26/03 at 07:30:29 »
Quote Quote

Would basically absorb mana from other players even fighters/ranger/thieves.

A lot of games have this spell for a mage like character.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

Re: Mana Absorb.
« Reply #1 on: 01/26/03 at 12:25:15 »
Quote Quote

A spell which takes mana from a player? How much would it cost as mages cant have free spells
IP Logged

"In the name of God, Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal d**nation. Amen." Hellsing
Pyros

Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/26/03 at 13:41:48 »
Quote Quote

That would be up to staff. It wouldn't work on Fighters/Rangers/Thieves right?
IP Logged
Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 01/26/03 at 14:21:59 »
Quote Quote

It cant, they dont have magical propertys, so they have no mana in them so you can absorb
IP Logged

"In the name of God, Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal d**nation. Amen." Hellsing
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/26/03 at 14:25:48 »
Quote Quote

No Wrong, ALL things have magical propertys.
Thieves/rangers/fighters do Have mana, They just don't use it..

So this casted on those classes would give mana to them, but not as much as say a paladin, cleric, or another mage would.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/26/03 at 15:14:13 »
Quote Quote

A useful spell. I think that it should be put in as a way to gain power. It would be a spell but not cost much. (Should be able to absorb from casters only in your party)
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 01/27/03 at 04:08:41 »
Quote Quote

The thieves/fighters/rangers are listed under 0 mana therefore no mana can be drained from them.  What is your source saying that they contain mana and choose not to use it?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/27/03 at 14:39:24 »
Quote Quote

Because, of races, if a race goes to become a mage well, they get mana eh?

So same race goes to become a fighter they don't get mana because they don't train their selves to use mana doesn't mean they don't have it.

Some games give them some mana and they just don't earn more mana as they level, it stays the same, but same race as a mana user he gains the mana because he trains more and more into useing it.

Get it? or shall I try to explain more?

And to silver, Should be able to gain from everyone in or out of your party..  
Mages can't really beat healers unless they have low wis.
So this would give them a chance to be able to take on healer classes.

Say the mage just sits there and drains and drains the paladins mana. well paladin isn't getting hurt doesn't need to heal, so he can sit there and hit away.
IP Logged

Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 01/27/03 at 16:12:30 »
Quote Quote

All classes have to had an weakness, making everything good against everything is kinda stupid
IP Logged

Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/27/03 at 18:09:53 »
Quote Quote

Ok, so basically your saying 1 class should rule all, that sucks.. All classes should be balanced among them all, they just have differeny ways to rule over classes. And the other classes have ways to rule over them..

And if you really wanna go in that direction tho, Mages should rule over everyone..

If a thief can't beat any class, then whats the use?  
If a druid can't beat any class, then whats the use?

So, say Druids can't beat fighter/mages/thieves/ then, might as well delete them from the game, cause hardly anyone will play them..

But say druids can beat anyclass if used correctly then they are most usefull..

All classes should be able to kill the other, But however you have to come up witht he style of fighting to beat some of the classes, makeing the use of your intelligent abilitys to make fighting harder..

I mean, whats so fun sitting there clicking clicking useing the samethings everyone else is useing against you.

Wouldn't you think it would be more fun if it took more thought then just clicking.  
Figureing out which abilitys work better towards someone useing so and so abilitys with so and so class, then finding away to beat someone else useing the same class but different abilitys.
IP Logged

Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 01/27/03 at 18:17:15 »
Quote Quote

Dont act so stupid, im saying that all classes:
1. Have an advantage to one class
2. Have the disadvantage to one class
I am not saying 1 shall rule all
A druid can beat the class which he is balanced with, if he attacks in the right way.
A mage can beat the class he us balanced with, if he uses his spells in the right way.
IP Logged

Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 01/27/03 at 18:17:52 »
Quote Quote

on 01/27/03 at 18:09:53, Oblivion wrote:
Wouldn't you think it would be more fun if it took more thought then just clicking.  
Figureing out which abilitys work better towards someone useing so and so abilitys with so and so class, then finding away to beat someone else useing the same class but different abilitys.

Amen to that!
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/27/03 at 18:33:08 »
Quote Quote

on 01/27/03 at 16:12:30, Darken wrote:
All classes have to had an weakness, making everything good against everything is kinda stupid

Do you Even have a mage?
Mages mana cost are expensive..
secondly, mages can only beat fighters/druids
thieves just about rule over mages.
They can't beat clerics.
Only reason they beat druids is because druids suck.

secondly, clerics use Divine to heal, gives them like 100 hp costs 9 mana, Mages do 50 with beam and costs them more then 9 mana to cast..

This spell would infact give them more balanced towards classes, and it wont take away any of the disadvantages they already have, it could possible even give them more disadvantages.

Also, you call me stupid? haha, look over your post very carefully and read mine.. Mines clearly into the balanceing of mages vs all but 2 classes *which way things are going druids probabaly be taking out of that field*

In fact  
Chances are this wont help them to a dramaticly improvement of their fighting abilitys, probabaly will help 5-10% if any.

Also, Mages have no advantages over clerics.
This spell casted to much on fighters/thieves/rangers/paladins would probabaly cost them the fight.

Get more facts before you try posting something.
IP Logged

Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 01/27/03 at 18:36:15 »
Quote Quote

I do have a mage, and thank for answering a simple questio, evan you have said that 1. Mages advantage 2. thers disadvantage
I only called you stupid as you completly took my other post the wrong way
IP Logged

Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 01/27/03 at 18:47:48 »
Quote Quote

on 01/27/03 at 18:36:15, Darken wrote:
I do have a mage, and thank for answering a simple questio, evan you have said that 1. Mages advantage 2. thers disadvantage
I only called you stupid as you completly took my other post the wrong way

make yourself more clear, Secondly, would be wise not to call someone stupid if you infact misspell questio, thers, evan,

Smiley
IP Logged

Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 01/27/03 at 18:48:49 »
Quote Quote

I was rushed  Embarassed
IP Logged

Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/27/03 at 18:50:20 »
Quote Quote

Ok, now back to the topic..
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/28/03 at 15:53:49 »
Quote Quote

Ok here is what I feel a mage can do as much as a fighter in damage but can do a limited amout (limited by stam and mana) where as fighter are limited by stam only and they have the best stam in the game. Now tell me what is good about a mage... good armor spells? fighter get armor all the time and it is cheaper than mage armor. ... good invis that is another name for shorter camo/covert now I think it would be fun to drain mana from another person but if you are almost out of mana so you drain all the mana from a thief and a fighter in your party in between fights where is the challenge. (but this also might solve the mana problem).
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 01/28/03 at 23:32:11 »
Quote Quote

Ok, make the cost of the spell in HP, not MP, therefore, they cant just recharge their MP whenever need be.
IP Logged

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 01/29/03 at 01:28:32 »
Quote Quote

Waste my hp so I die faster so I can cast more spells??
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.