Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Mana Absorb. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 06:18:44

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Mana Absorb.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mana Absorb.  (Read 1842 times)
Lastel
USA 

You *turnip*bite!

View Profile Email

Re: Mana Absorb.
« Reply #20 on: 01/29/03 at 02:15:05 »
Quote Quote

Or, even better, give mages a spell, to gain MP, that costs MP, how ingenious! I cant believe someone hasn't said that yet!
IP Logged

"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/29/03 at 23:05:29 »
Quote Quote

In games useually mana absorb costs nothing, or it costs like 1-2 points but you gain atleast 10 mana.

Also, do like the idea of it taken your hp and giving it to mp.

Also to Silver, Mages own fighters..
Yeah they get AoP which gves them about 90+armor with stuff on..

And when you go pking if you work your mage right you can kill people easy and not die yourself..

I took out 2-3 experts out of party of 5 with archmaster ranger and thief there..
And could of got the thief, but i went invis to get them to stop hurting me while I was timeing the thief. And they took of running..

And if you sit there and just drain, drain mana, your going to die.. You have got to start trying to take some of the people who are targeting you out.  
And if you sit around uninvis draining mana to fight ppl, say good by to your mage, hes dead.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/29/03 at 23:40:31 »
Quote Quote

The spell allows you to be attacked so in away it is exchanging Hp for Mp. Also I can do more than 50 damage with blast.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 01/31/03 at 19:59:52 »
Quote Quote

You must be using Blast on low wisdom things..
Average, beam to someone with like 19 wisdom is around High 50's.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/01/03 at 00:43:09 »
Quote Quote

I do not kill peeps so things like bears I can blast to about 47-55 even some times. Mosquito swarms I can do 55-60ish but they have prolly no wis lol.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 02/02/03 at 01:42:39 »
Quote Quote

that idea sucks cuz then a theif would want ll and so would fighter s and paladins so that ant gona happen
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/02/03 at 20:44:01 »
Quote Quote

on 02/02/03 at 01:42:39, Rollers wrote:
that idea sucks cuz then a theif would want ll and so would fighter s and paladins so that ant gona happen

What idea the absorbtion of mana? Well in my opinion fighter will not want it and pallys can still hit so can thieves.
IP Logged

Darkstorm

bLaH?

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 02/04/03 at 21:18:27 »
Quote Quote

i want Chainlightning  damage to all enemy crits in the square Tongue
IP Logged

Ignite/Soulfly/Weed/Brightstorm/Kra
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/05/03 at 01:35:35 »
Quote Quote

Chainlightning would be fun but that is off topic...
IP Logged

Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 04/03/03 at 19:17:12 »
Quote Quote

I don't own a mage.. I've never owned a mage.. and I will more than likely never own one. I don't like them for the fact that they are expensive.. mana wise. Otherwise.. I would more than likely own one if it weren't eating mana like crazy.
IP Logged

»*^¤·º×~° Ghêttø Qüêèñ °~׺¤·^*«
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: 04/05/03 at 04:31:06 »
Quote Quote

I'm totally for the whole mana absorbtion thing...but gaining mana for nothing doesn't seem all too fair..I mean I really don't see the equality when a mage can just decide to steal some mana off another person just because his/her mana is runnign low.

However, I really like the idea of a mage being able to sacrifice some of his/her life in order to gain some more mana...the only problem I see with this is what if a mage starts running low on mana and decides to sacrifice some life for mana...then his cleric (alt) comes along and heals him/her so he/she can just start the process all over?
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Insomnia
Sweden 

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 04/06/03 at 22:35:10 »
Quote Quote

on 01/27/03 at 14:39:24, Oblivion wrote:
Because, of races, if a race goes to become a mage well, they get mana eh?

So same race goes to become a fighter they don't get mana because they don't train their selves to use mana doesn't mean they don't have it.

Maybe a couple of months late, but anyways.

I thought that mages got their 'Mental Power' after training and leveling up. A fighter doesn't practice the same things as a mage does, and therefore they don't get any mental power when they level up.
IP Logged

Fair enough.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.