Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Abilities. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 05:13:57

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Abilities.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Abilities.  (Read 1613 times)
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

New Abilities.
« on: 01/25/03 at 18:32:28 »
Quote Quote

Mages need to have something extra.

Mana should should be increased slightly, other classes are doing too much damage to them.

Fizzle rates seems to be a little to much. Have experienced rounds of 5 fizzles. Shouldnt happen at level 30.

Aura of Protection is good, no problems there at all.

Devastate needs to be made widely available. It has been within the game for a long time, yet no area has become available.
IP Logged
Dank
USA 

A Friend with weed, is a friend indeed.

Decimus420
View Profile

Re: New Abilities.
« Reply #1 on: 01/26/03 at 01:16:58 »
Quote Quote

Yah devestate would be nice  Wink But i also think there should be a decrease in mana cost for spells. Whens the last time a mage has won a mosh? Because of the cost of mana..
Clerics use to eat the mana with holy heal, now with divine restoration it only uses 7 mp. Yet a beam uses 16... It'd be nice to see some sort of drop in mana consumption.
IP Logged

And not to pull your halo down,
Around your neck and tug you off your cloud
But I'm more than just a little curious
How you're planning to go about
Making your amends to the dead
To the dead
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/26/03 at 14:24:31 »
Quote Quote

Yeah I agree mana costs for spells is way too much for a mage, and they have too little I'd like to see a decrease in mana useage and a slight mana increase would be nice as well, because they can't last anywhere long without running out of mana.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/26/03 at 15:11:56 »
Quote Quote

I agree with all of this it is all great ideas. Mages are hard to lvl cause we run out of mana and have to run.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/26/03 at 23:59:56 »
Quote Quote

One of the smartest things staff did was giving devastate to just one person as a questy, making it available at a boss would really make mages too powerful.
IP Logged
Devastation

Email

« Reply #5 on: 01/27/03 at 00:14:03 »
Quote Quote

Who has Devastate?
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/27/03 at 03:23:43 »
Quote Quote

Old_Fart
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 01/27/03 at 04:09:35 »
Quote Quote

on 01/26/03 at 23:59:56, Stigmata wrote:
One of the smartest things staff did was giving devastate to just one person as a questy, making it available at a boss would really make mages too powerful.

Not when they don't constantly do that.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/27/03 at 05:56:04 »
Quote Quote

I’m not trying to turn this topic into a flame-for-all but it was nothing close to a questie, lol. Pandilex dropped the scroll Anarchy picked it up and sold it to John for one million gold.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/27/03 at 18:53:34 »
Quote Quote

I agree with stotic.
They should drop one time things more often..
Maybe even drop them somewhere in a forest or something..
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/28/03 at 02:12:12 »
Quote Quote

As many have stated no one class should rule the others. As being the only character with devastate I assure you mages with devastate will rule all other classes with no problems what so ever. Yes clerics will always be able to out heal, but they can be beatin, personally this is when i find a silver staff quite usefull. Mages don't always have to fight with just magic. Thieves are more of a toss up. I have won the majority of duels against them mainly because aura prevents enough assassinate damage to not be one clicked(dwarfs are an exception). Sometimes thieves do get lucky right away, if they do oh well, but I'd bet money that you take a mage with devastate and an average thief and duel them 50 times....mage will come out on top....
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/19/03 at 16:23:21 »
Quote Quote

Something that seems to bother me about this whole thing saying that devestate would make mages rule all other classes is this. I dont know how many people lately have looked at how many lvl 30 mages there are. There arent many. Devestate was a spell that only could be use by level 30 mages not lvl 29s or lower. This i feel would be kind of an award for a mage. They are tough to train and really is the only thing that a lvl 30 mage would be capable of having.
Fighters,Paladins,and Beserkers-Blade of Time
Theives-Emerald Dagger
Rangers- Nothing
Clerics- Nothing  
Druid-Nothing

Those items are tough to obtain however they are obtainable.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 02/19/03 at 17:36:28 »
Quote Quote

Actually, there are quite a few lvl 30 mages, and more reach lvl 30 each day. Trust me, having the majority of mages with devastate...rofl...mages would rule all of nightmist. Only Clerics(and palis if their aid isnt reduced) stand a chance in defeating a mage consistantly. Yes thiefs do get theyre chance, but better hope they one click em cause if not they gettin rounded. Even with Clerics and palis able to heal, mages can attack with silver staffs, and cobalt staffs....they do not have to rely on magic only, they can be beaten.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/19/03 at 19:54:47 »
Quote Quote

i see what your saying but have you ever tried to pk a lvl 30 fighter with a silver staff? Mages are set to rely on their magc regardless of how you put it. You said there are more arch mages each day and thats all fine a good but out of all the arch fighters how many have a Blade of Time. See what im saying?
IP Logged

Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/19/03 at 20:07:58 »
Quote Quote

lol if fighting a fighter id devastate(beam for you rookies) the hell out of it. only reason a staff would come into play is when dueling clerics/palidans, as they can out heal you. A clever person will be able to still win, takes great patience and timing, and tactics. Outsmart your opponent. You know the only way to beat a mage with a cleric is to out heal until they run out of magic. Find a way to get the cleric out of magic first. No need in using spells taking up massive amounts of magic if theyre just gonna use 8 to heal themselves with. Be tricky, attack with staff, shock, flame, etc, use everything you have to keep them off gaurd. Afterall they have to attack you at some point, timing is everything.
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 02/20/03 at 00:47:57 »
Quote Quote

Yeah use my 11 str to kill some 1...
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/20/03 at 03:39:32 »
Quote Quote

I agree with silver. The mage is not a weapon combat fighter.If you ever train one you would know.
IP Logged

Cupcake

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/20/03 at 06:43:07 »
Quote Quote

thats why your mage should have a higher str...so in the event you do have to fight a healing class you can better fight it.
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/20/03 at 21:00:07 »
Quote Quote

You see I did not know that rolling my first crit I based it on DND where 11 str is not a bad thing it is acctually above average (10).
IP Logged

King_Macros

Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/22/03 at 10:19:39 »
Quote Quote

i have 2 mages, 1st 17 20 20 18 18 18 and 2nd 17 21 20 18 19 18, those both are fun Smiley. ive always told people mages need str, but i guess im not cool enough to be listened to Sad
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.