Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - rolling crits from website »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 05:55:51

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   rolling crits from website
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: rolling crits from website  (Read 1294 times)
porter
USA 

Reality is a fragment inside of my soul

View Profile

rolling crits from website
« on: 02/13/04 at 14:58:09 »
Quote Quote

I was thinking maybe there is a way to roll crits from the website seeing you can memo from it now.  I mean like me when i am at college and not in class i cant get on to NM  so it would be cool to be albe to do something like that.
IP Logged

My rendition of reality, call it bad or good-wrong or right-believe in me and i'll believe in you, and everything's tight. Reality is a fragment inside of my soul-my eyes are closed-head spinning
Vengence

Email

Re: rolling crits from website
« Reply #1 on: 02/13/04 at 15:03:41 »
Quote Quote

I support it because my schools computers are gay macs and can't do anything, let alone download nightmist, so I would love this. I vote YES
IP Logged
no longer agenda
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/13/04 at 15:03:41 »
Quote Quote

I think that'd be nice if it is possible.... dumb macs at school Undecided
IP Logged

Returned ingame.
Magnus

-×»Mägñûs«×-

None.   Stnr4Lf20
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 02/13/04 at 15:59:45 »
Quote Quote

Heh, that would be cool ... although the school comps here are good they have it set to where the students can't download anything. (gay gay gay gay)
IP Logged

-×»Mägñûs«×-
porter
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/13/04 at 16:02:25 »
Quote Quote

i am sure there is away to make it so there is no download. like how you can change names and stuff.  after you roll it you can send it to your accu. i am sure there is away to do it.
I bet it would make alot of people happy and make it easy for people who cant get on all the time and want to do something with nightmist. Grin
IP Logged

My rendition of reality, call it bad or good-wrong or right-believe in me and i'll believe in you, and everything's tight. Reality is a fragment inside of my soul-my eyes are closed-head spinning
-=Deadly Dennis=-
Netherlands 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/13/04 at 16:26:11 »
Quote Quote

on 02/13/04 at 15:59:45, Magnus wrote:
Heh, that would be cool ... although the school comps here are good they have it set to where the students can't download anything. (gay gay gay gay)

Theres ways around that..
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 02/13/04 at 16:37:56 »
Quote Quote

I don't think this will work out. The stats can be manipulated through various means.
IP Logged

alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/13/04 at 16:52:24 »
Quote Quote

I know what would be a cool idea.. If the site and forum got intergrated for whern the new forum's out.. So you log into an account, for the site and forum. It links in with your NM game account also.. Once you're logged in, you can just go about all the site functions without having to keep inputting your info.

But that random idea aside.

I'm sure there are ways to get this to work, would be cool, as I fall victim to the 'lame college computer' virus too Tongue
IP Logged

Celerity
United_Kingdom 

Full offence intended.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/13/04 at 18:45:58 »
Quote Quote

I'm pretty sure doing this securely would be Very difficult, and I doubt JLH would support it.  

Nothing against it personally tho.
IP Logged

porter
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/13/04 at 19:15:30 »
Quote Quote

thats why they got that thing that stops the roller crap. i am sure you can get around it.. it would  help out alot of people
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 02/13/04 at 21:05:50 »
Quote Quote

I see a website as being more difficult to stop cheaters then a program.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Vengence

Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/13/04 at 22:14:45 »
Quote Quote

but it COULD work right?
IP Logged
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 02/13/04 at 23:57:28 »
Quote Quote

Yes, it could. Would it work well, and efficiently? No.
IP Logged

Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ßëç¢ð

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/14/04 at 03:55:55 »
Quote Quote

i see people saying it could be hacked or whatever... but how is that possible if it is done server-side? Undecided im no whiz with websites and scripting languages, but i dont see how the website thing could be any easier or harder to hack than the progam.. if people are going to use the "faking packets" idea, then i fail to see how a program is going to stop that, same with a website. correct me if im wrong, as i say.. im no whiz at computers + im only 14 .. so i cant go to uni to learn yet Tongue
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
porter
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/14/04 at 07:18:22 »
Quote Quote

it would work and it would help peole out. we just need to get people to go along with it so JLH even thinks about it.
IP Logged

Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 02/14/04 at 10:10:34 »
Quote Quote

It would be cool but.......... I don't see this happening. With all the cheating issues and such going on I highly doubt we'll even see it considered.
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 02/14/04 at 11:51:34 »
Quote Quote

What if it was coded into a java applet, so it worked almost exactly the same as the client roller? Or was that what everyone was already thinking?
IP Logged

Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/14/04 at 16:26:22 »
Quote Quote

I don't think it should be added.  People play nightmist too much, schools make the things so you can't play games, maybe people should get used to not doing something with nightmist for a solid 3 hours...

It'd probably also comprimise bans, allowing people who cannot get into account because of a ban to roll, which you should not be able to do if your computer is banned.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Vengence

Email

« Reply #18 on: 02/14/04 at 20:51:13 »
Quote Quote

on 02/14/04 at 16:26:22, Everlast wrote:
I don't think it should be added.  People play nightmist too much, schools make the things so you can't play games, maybe people should get used to not doing something with nightmist for a solid 3 hours...

/rofl I can't go 3 minutes without nightmist, let alone 8 hours at school.  I'm checking the forums between every class o.o.  
IP Logged
porter
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/15/04 at 07:18:45 »
Quote Quote

as for banneds...if accu is banned then you cant send the crit too it...i dont think that would be hard to do..but really this would be good for alot of people who cant download everywhere they go
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.