Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Durability on weapons. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 05:41:31

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Durability on weapons.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Durability on weapons.  (Read 469 times)
Quarrel
USA 

Patriots 32 Panters 29 . Patriots WON!?!?!?!?!?!? !

View Profile

Durability on weapons.
« on: 01/16/04 at 18:28:20 »
Quote Quote

This will prolly not be liked but this needs to happen. Weapons break wear out and become brittle and armor too soo. I was wonder if there is anyway you could set durabilities on all the weapons/armor/items too make the game more realistic.  It would make the prices on things worth there gold.  

The durability on a weapon/item/armor is how much stress the weapon/item/armor can take before being destroyed.
once item/armor/weapon is destoryed the weapon can never be used again or repaired. And basically desinegrates after the last Durability point is used . Some Items/weapons/armor's cant be repaired such as. The torch, oak Staff,  Quarterstaff, Spider Staff . Anything Wood based cant be repaired. Becuase literally how do you repair wood??

To repair your armor/weapons/items you  go to the blacksmith (smithy) and repair your items to there full durability For a price of 10gold per durability point, or you can repair them your self with a skill that would be learned by a fighter. But each time you repair an item on your own the durablilty goes down by an ammount. E.g.Lets say you have a Halberd that has 40/100 durability on it. and you repair it yourself the durability would go from 100/100 to 95/95. making it more Vurnible to being destoryed, but if you have the smithy Repair  it i would become 100/100. The price ammount that it costs to repair yout items depends on how much repairing is needed and the Item/weapon/armor like if you had a blade of honor with 38/50 durability. the price that  it would take to repair the armor would be 25 gold per durability point. The reasonable prices for repairing items..  

Nightmist armory / Weaponry: 1-10 gold a durability point
Blackthorn Armory / Weaponry: 20-30 gold a durability point
Resthaven armory/ Weaponry:25 - 35 gold a durability point
Arlin armory/ Weaponry : 40 gold a Durability point.
Windia Armory: 100gold per Durability point
Special Armory / Weaponry: 250-500 Gold a Durability point
Special items can not be repaired in Nm or Bt. Special items are boss drops..

What do you think?
« Last Edit: 01/16/04 at 19:00:21 by Quarrel » IP Logged

Duràngëd Fòr Étërnìtÿ
Quarrel
USA 

Patriots 32 Panters 29 . Patriots WON!?!?!?!?!?!? !

View Profile

Re: Durability on weapons.
« Reply #1 on: 01/16/04 at 18:49:23 »
Quote Quote

*note* boss/monster Drops can have any set durabilty on them. they could have 10/10 durability could have 9/30 Durabilty.
IP Logged

Duràngëd Fòr Étërnìtÿ
Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/16/04 at 18:54:15 »
Quote Quote

This has been mentioned alot and JLH has said that he plans to do this in the future.
IP Logged
Drakemord
USA 

I HAVE TO MANY d**n turnipS!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/19/04 at 00:14:58 »
Quote Quote

Me myself I belive that bos drops should be indestructable because they are so rare. Im saying this only because of if this dos come into play in the future. Also im not fery fond of this topic Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Page or memo me on Terobiten Smiley
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/19/04 at 00:27:54 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
Anything Wood based cant be repaired. Becuase literally how do you repair wood??  

Wood Putty, biscuts, and patience.  

All esle aside, ppl here cry too d**n much over spending gold. If/When this happens, item prices will rise and everyone will complain.
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.