Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Ranger Weapon »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 18:51:35

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Ranger Weapon
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Ranger Weapon  (Read 1976 times)
No Respect

Email

New Ranger Weapon
« on: 01/27/03 at 16:14:16 »
Quote Quote

Dark Prey (bow)
Rangers ONLY Base damage 23
+1 dex  -2 int  

more info to come
IP Logged
Pyros

Email

Re: New Ranger Weapon
« Reply #1 on: 01/27/03 at 16:52:59 »
Quote Quote

Rangers don't need a new bow... Maybe another enchanted bow but with a different name.
IP Logged
Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/27/03 at 16:59:29 »
Quote Quote

I fought they were bring out a lvl 30 ranger weapon soon  Undecided
IP Logged

"In the name of God, Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal d**nation. Amen." Hellsing
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/27/03 at 17:15:16 »
Quote Quote

Celestial bow has been talked about for ages I don't see it happening.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/27/03 at 18:16:39 »
Quote Quote

Yes lets give Rangers a new bow extra dex and take away a stat that is useless to them and make them even more powerfull then they already are.!!!!
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 01/27/03 at 18:21:04 »
Quote Quote

The current use of ranger weapons is fine, rangers are not invincible, they just seem that way due to there attacks.
IP Logged

"In the name of God, Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal d**nation. Amen." Hellsing
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/27/03 at 18:57:55 »
Quote Quote

I agree, they aren't Gods, but they are basically the best class.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/28/03 at 10:02:55 »
Quote Quote

anymage with aura should be able to beat a ranger...if you cant then youre a rookie.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 01/29/03 at 01:06:41 »
Quote Quote

Shut up rookie   Tongue
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/29/03 at 06:01:39 »
Quote Quote

I remember when John use to call me rookie.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/29/03 at 15:32:33 »
Quote Quote

I don't think we need a dex adding bow, all this game needs is a bunch of 24 dex halfling rangers running around 1 rounding everyone.  (I own 3 halflings so shush lol.)  

I do think that a level 30 bow should be brought in that has a higher base damage, like 25 or so.  Rangers don't have the best hp, and if any rangers have gone against a halfling fighter loaded with cr's, sg's, and AoH, you'll agree that being able to do a bit more damage against someone with almost 100armor would be a little more fair.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 01/31/03 at 00:28:29 »
Quote Quote

Rangers are good. They don't need to be improved, they just need to be edited. Which means taking from the good and adding to the not so good or wrong. They don't need another bow. Actually thats all I need to say

THEY DONT 'NEED' ANOTHER BOW.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/31/03 at 15:42:25 »
Quote Quote

oh u mean makeing them weaker huh.  How bout no.  Like I said rangers are fine as is.  People who complain about their power would be alot quieter if they had an arch ranger in their account.  So just leave the freakin rangers alone.
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/31/03 at 16:01:25 »
Quote Quote

I don't feel any classes should be tooken back until all the classes are updated...
IP Logged

Pyros

Email

« Reply #14 on: 01/31/03 at 18:08:11 »
Quote Quote

Rangers are over powered, everyone knows that, and almost everyone owns one, which means nobody will want them changed.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/31/03 at 20:00:03 »
Quote Quote

I just feel they shouldn't be tampered with until all the classes have been updated.
IP Logged

Dennis21

HuH?!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/02/03 at 18:34:11 »
Quote Quote

i agree wit kazul leave them alone
IP Logged

Penguin Masta! Skillz
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/03/03 at 05:22:14 »
Quote Quote

Mages are rightfully stronger. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to train a mage?  
IP Logged

Kazul
USA 

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/03/03 at 15:42:18 »
Quote Quote

mages take forever to train, so if you actually take the time to level it to 28+ u deserve to have a powerful crit.  

As for the remark that rangers only have 1 class that challenges them, u know nothing.  High level fighters, mages, and thieves are a challenge to fight, no matter how many rangers you have.  I think if u went up against a pk party packin 3 thieves,  an arch fighter and master mage, rangers or not, u'd have ur hands pretty dam full.
IP Logged

Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/14/03 at 02:41:07 »
Quote Quote

I'm fully behind MANY people in this one.
First of all, I agree with Kazul.
Leave the rangers alone because they're already the dominant force in Nightmist.
But secondly, I also agree with the higher base damage on a new bow.
Maybe just 1 or 2 more, because that could cause like +10 damage a round, and +10 damage per round could be the winning of Triplex, or a Quest or a big clan fight.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.