Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Shields »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 12:32:29

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Shields
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shields  (Read 570 times)
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

Shields
« on: 07/19/03 at 05:17:26 »
Quote Quote

How can a ranger use a shield and use a bow at the same time?  I don't think the should get to.  They are a very very powerful class and beat most other classes out in most anything, and i don't see how a ranger, no magical enhance on armor, could have almost the same amount of armor as a fighter what is it...swh is 6 less than spiked armor?  + add in that most rangers are halflings and therefore make up that armor on dwarf fighters which are usually the ones that do well in duels and such (although magnus was an ownage h-ling fighter)...i just dont see where it makes sense.

I would assume this has come up before....
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Ashton
USA 

View Profile

Re: Shields
« Reply #1 on: 07/19/03 at 06:24:56 »
Quote Quote

it has come up before and I believe there was a huge discussion over it...I think sheilds should be removed from rangers or at least limited to bracers and arm guards...things of that sort
IP Logged
Sausage

Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/19/03 at 06:26:32 »
Quote Quote

I agree. Rangers can wear shields but Thieves have to wear bracers and such.  Shocked
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 07/19/03 at 07:13:11 »
Quote Quote

I agree with the shield being removed.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Ashton
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 07/20/03 at 02:35:26 »
Quote Quote

at the very least they should be replaced by some other type of armor, but they really don't need anything at all if you ask me
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 07/20/03 at 12:04:16 »
Quote Quote

hmm i saw this movie a while ago and there was a group of rangers who tied a shield to their arm (not like massive shield but i would say not a small shield either) and could use that and still fire.

but yyeah a spiked shield would be too much lol but maybe a medium shield would be good for em Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 07/22/03 at 06:29:19 »
Quote Quote

To me this just sound like a post to tamper with a class. If everyone wants to really get technical how are mages able to use spider gauntlets. The magic comes from their hands and the gloves would prevent that from happening.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 07/22/03 at 07:56:31 »
Quote Quote

If you really want to get technical, how are Rangers able to shoot five arrows in a split second accurately, or at all for that matter? How can Fighters wield a large polearm (Halberd) with one hand? How come Druids can kill animals? These are just some of the controversial issues within the realm of Nightmist. Changing some of these things will eventually bring a balance to the world.  

On a sidenote, magic comes from the mind, not the hands.
IP Logged

Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 07/22/03 at 10:37:51 »
Quote Quote

actually with the spider gaunts i think the magic comes from the gaunts Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Celerity
United_Kingdom 

Full offence intended.

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 07/23/03 at 04:50:46 »
Quote Quote

The reason they can use shields is because every time someone raises the point 10 people who play rangers as their main crits shout it down without any justifiable reason because they're afraid that their characters will be made less powerful.
IP Logged

Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #10 on: 07/23/03 at 12:20:29 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 07:56:31, KasumiFire wrote:
If you really want to get technical, how are Rangers able to shoot five arrows in a split second accurately, or at all for that matter? How can Fighters wield a large polearm (Halberd) with one hand? How come Druids can kill animals? These are just some of the controversial issues within the realm of Nightmist. Changing some of these things will eventually bring a balance to the world.  

On a sidenote, magic comes from the mind, not the hands.

They DON'T shoot them accurately, thats why they miss.
Fighters need to be changed aswell, remove the shield if they use a halberd.
Druids would kill animals if they had a reason, and I think that them attacking innocent people is a pretty good one Grin
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 07/23/03 at 12:36:36 »
Quote Quote

on 07/23/03 at 04:50:46, Hexagram wrote:
The reason they can use shields is because every time someone raises the point 10 people who play rangers as their main crits shout it down without any justifiable reason because they're afraid that their characters will be made less powerful.

hmm my main is a ranger lol Cheesy (as far as i have a mian Cheesy) but i say spiked shield is too much for em indeed Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 07/24/03 at 00:51:14 »
Quote Quote

Well fighters are suppose to be pretty strong, and they use halberds from lvl 20, how does it make sense to say the fighter class would have barely any armor more than a ranger, rangers seem to hit with all of their stam pretty often...atleast WAY more often than zerkers.

Don't get me wrong, ive only got 1 arch fighter, 2 arch rangers a master ranger, and 2 arch thieves as our high lvls, so lessening rangers power doesnt help me..cause the fighter we just sit sgh and lose exp on because of how useless he is outside of trying to get the kill on bosses (that he can actually hurt).

I think the problem here really is the fact that the older players with all the stuff really mostly have arch rangers as their crits because they've always been the best at PKing and most useful at bosses, if they become less powerful..so do the players that use them, but i dont see how that is a fair reason to make them stay with extra armor.

The reason i really say take their shields is because of how high their armor is, they shouldnt have armor that is almost as good as fighters when they're suppose to be people that run around tracking in the woods and nuts like that, though ought to have to have fairly simple things on them since carrying around a large spiked shield doesnt seem like something a person running though the woods and such, being quick and stealthy (quick enough to fire arrows at such a rate and accuratly because they've practiced it all their life, just as a fighter would have the strenght to use a hally and a shield at the same time because they've used weapons and shields all their lives...doesnt it make sense that a fighter would have far more armor than a ranger...not 6 more...muchless that rangers are mostly h-lings so they have equal armor to a dwarf fighter or human fighter.  They ought to be like thieves, even though theives should get better sheilds i think, because both classes must be steathy, i'd assume a thief might need both hands so that they can...i dunno..something about keeping stealth and balance type stuff while assassinating...i'd assume that'd be like sneeking up on someone/thing and such...steel bracers or such would be reasonable or some kind of wooden sheild that'd blend in with trees..and be lighter.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.