Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Ranger Weapon »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/05/24 at 15:53:04

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Ranger Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   New Ranger Weapon
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Ranger Weapon  (Read 1975 times)
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

Re: New Ranger Weapon
« Reply #20 on: 02/17/03 at 04:00:21 »
Quote Quote

Well... I'm not a ranger expert, I'm just pked by them alot!

I'm pked mostly by rangers!

I'm almost never pked by a cleric!

Thieves are annoying.

Pallys are weak.

Mages are never used.

I think.... Poptart is an experienced ranger, he knows best about rangers, BUT!!!! He has a ranger, that makes him want it to be powerful (or just unchanged).

Overall i'd say poptarts opinion on a scale of 1 to 10 would be an 8

Mr Noobie: He's probably not an experienced rangerer, and hes pked by rangers alot.  So hes against rangers

On a scale of 1 to 10, hed rate 2

My opinion:

Rangers are underpowered.  Even though sometimes they do good damage, their hit rate is awful,  (my lvl 13 cleric vs. lvl 15 ranger,  cleric wins):

I am not an experience rangerer, but I'm pked by them alot and know their power, fighters and mages can more effieciently pk me (umm,  my char used to be 3rd in the pked list):

On a scale of 1 to 10 my opinion rates 6!

My opinion is arrows should be added,

also, rangers shoudl be given a few swords/staffs.  Here are a  
few suggestions,

Saber of Leaves:  Mana leech and Vamparic (even though rangers don't have mana, it still absorbs)  also little bonus vs. undead or something.  18 base damagel.  Lvl 18

Branch:  Maybe a out of 20 forages could pick one of these up.  Lvl 1 weapon, 3 base damage.  There could be a lvl 20 ability called 'burning branch'.  This does about the same thing is flaming arrow, only + damage!  Each branch gets 3 of these.

'Bandage' ability.  Requires 'herbs'.  Herbs coudl be bought and foraged for.  This heals 10-70 damage depending on lvl!

Blade of berries: VERY rare, can only be made by having a rangers forage about 60 berries, and having a lvl 25 druid take it to a hidden forge, and then having a cleric take it to a clerics guild to be blessed and then taking it with a mage to a hidden cave inside a mountain where a boss would have to be fought, and then enchanting the blade in another room.

1.0 vamparic

23 base damage

lvl 28

.1 mana leech

Availible for rangers only!

IP Logged

I'm hungry!
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/17/03 at 10:05:52 »
Quote Quote

what a pathetic post.
IP Logged
Beowulf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/20/03 at 02:13:54 »
Quote Quote

whoever said rangers shouldnt get a new bow....that they should get something else..i should smack you...rangers use bows...they live in the wild..they hunt, they forage...the need a bow *smacks anyone that said they dont need a bow*
IP Logged
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/20/03 at 14:30:51 »
Quote Quote

on 02/20/03 at 02:13:54, Beowulf wrote:
whoever said rangers shouldnt get a new bow....that they should get something else..i should smack you...rangers use bows...they live in the wild..they hunt, they forage...the need a bow *smacks anyone that said they dont need a bow*

they dont need a "NEW" bow....smacks you back....hard.
 a few alternatives to a bow would be a nice addition. of course, some abilities would not be able to work when not using a bow.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/21/03 at 12:34:35 »
Quote Quote

Id say ranger need a new bow, or one of the existing ones updated. Not a new l25-30 bow, the e-bow is fine but a new lower level bow (why oh why did they make an oak staff better than a shortbow, or indeed a short sword). Perhaps one similar to the blade of sacrifice, suitable for lvl13-15 as a boss drop and higher damage than the standard weapon at that level
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #25 on: 02/22/03 at 06:18:16 »
Quote Quote

we dont need a blade of sacrifice in the first place, they are way to powerful for the lvl. Personally, with the new bersrkers running around pk'ing archy's, this game is tending to get a little old. Im say lets give everything the ability to be god and get it over with
IP Logged
Beowulf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/22/03 at 10:43:14 »
Quote Quote

tsk tsk king_macros frustrated about being pked are we? someone is mad...becuase they arent as good as they thought.  Finally something comes about that actually can face up to those who think they are awesome.  Learn how to take out the beserkers.  Every class has a weakness. Maybe if everyone thought about strategery *geoge w.*  then you could be a god.  Quit thinking strength is the best option.
IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/24/03 at 04:15:28 »
Quote Quote

on 02/22/03 at 10:43:14, Beowulf wrote:
tsk tsk king_macros frustrated about being pked are we? someone is mad...becuase they arent as good as they thought.

Actually, I'm tired of everyone trying to make everything able to pk anyone in 1 hit. Personally, I've never pk'ed better, took a couple TR archies out 2 nights ago, ICEEE last night with quite a few other pk'ers who think theyre all that. I think I've only been pk'ed like 8 times in the last month, if that Smiley.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: 02/28/03 at 01:24:19 »
Quote Quote

*sigh* Looks like someone needs to lay the facts down again, and yes I have a very high level Ranger.

Rangers do not need a new weapon, especially not one with a higher base damage, they can easily beat any class 99.9%, perhaps excluding the highly overpowered beserker. Someone said a fighter can beat a ranger rather easily, and fact of the matter is, that's pure bull. Fighters don't stand a chance against a ranger as soon as the hypno is slapped on.

Rangers do not need anymore skills, the set of skills they have now is fine and deal with most tasks sufficiently, possibly even more than necessary.

Rangers do no need a shield, possibly an accessory such as the metal splint to go in the shield slot, would quench the thirst for a new ranger item.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
ICP

Would you like a Smook and a Pancake?

MonsterComp911
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 04/10/03 at 23:06:28 »
Quote Quote

i Think rangers shoudl get a Vamp bow  

#1 almost all the classes have a Vamp something
#2 all Vamp wepons for a Ranger now are Staffs/Blades and rangers cant Rapid fire with one
#3 spice the game up a bit!!  

Grin
IP Logged

My profile my words... NM BLOWS
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #30 on: 04/11/03 at 04:30:32 »
Quote Quote

if you wanna spice up the game, go after the fighters.

Spider staff is a vamp weapon for rangers
cobalt staff is a vamp weapon for rangers

rangers dont need a rapid fire vamp, thats rediculous. Although i do feel they are very soon, putting in a new weapon for lvl 30 rangers that has a higher base damage, they dont need it.
IP Logged
Issy
USA 

I am Alpha and Omega; the first and the last

67662135 67662135   Isaiah213   Issyfur
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 07/07/03 at 03:27:48 »
Quote Quote

I posted along time ago when i had F about rangers having a Vamp bow that had a lower base damage as the Enchanted bow. give it a .3 vamp.

I also posted as well an idea for a Crossbow, only have like a +2 base damage than a enchanted bow. Only got severe bashs about the idea...

~Isaiah
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 07/11/03 at 16:32:07 »
Quote Quote

K, ive got 2 arch rangers and a master now...1 elf and 2 halflings...they arent perf or anything..but they own pretty hard...you give them a better weapon than enchanted bow and they are going to mess up anything that gets near them...this is just like how people want to make devestate all powerful....we dont need to improve the classes that already are very strong...even fighters and mages are fine if you're willing to spend 3 mill on them in equip and stuff...thieves are good, + they added ED, pallys, i dont know i dont play them...clerics own, druids..dont have a high lvl there either..but vampyre owns pretty hard.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 07/11/03 at 16:35:27 »
Quote Quote

on 02/17/03 at 04:00:21, SweUrk Rchirack Unicrown wrote:

I'm pked mostly by rangers!

I'm almost never pked by a cleric!

Thieves are annoying.

Pallys are weak.

Mages are never used.

I just want to note in here how fighters (who seem like they ought to be the most used for "fighting") arent even mentioned...it is because of how few people can afford CSoTW and Blade of Time, and if they can...why waste them on a fighter..zerkers are better for BoT, thieves with staffs are cool...but ya...i guess they skipped out zerkers also...probably cause you dont see them too far out of town too often...they need spells and stuff just like everything else..but worse cause of how often they miss.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Despair
United_Kingdom 

»º ïñ§åtïåßlë º«

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 07/14/03 at 07:05:44 »
Quote Quote

Rangers are currently a very well balanaced class plus they are the only class whos best weapon you can buy in the stores and is magical/affordable . . .

Give them anything more powerful and you face overpowering them . . .

I suggest if anything give them a nonmagical bow with the same base damage (maybe even 1 more base damage) with a different name . . .  

as an alternative to the Enchanted bow
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 07/14/03 at 15:59:18 »
Quote Quote

an Unchanted Bow perhaps  Smiley
IP Logged
Origenes
Finland 

Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: 07/14/03 at 19:27:53 »
Quote Quote

But how they can use shields with bows? I never understand it. Shocked
IP Logged

If you want peace, work for justice. Live long and prosper.
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 07/14/03 at 19:28:55 »
Quote Quote

one-handed crossbow
IP Logged
Origenes
Finland 

Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: 07/14/03 at 20:11:12 »
Quote Quote

Ok. lol  Smiley
IP Logged

If you want peace, work for justice. Live long and prosper.
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 07/15/03 at 06:22:47 »
Quote Quote

Even with a one-handed crossbow, they would still need to reload the wepon. This would mean dropping the sheild to use both arms, thus be open to critical hits.

It's been debated that Rangers shouldnt be able to equip a shield, and I still think it should be changed.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.