Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Prisoner in Tears (Open) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/26/24 at 21:13:16

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prisoner in Tears (Open)  (Read 4589 times)
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Reply #20 on: 02/04/04 at 22:02:22 »
Quote Quote

Zanith dropped Squee to the floor as a bloody mess. The child groaned in angry and wept silently. He had been that of Zanith's for so long and knew what to do to please and what could be done to drive him into a mad fit of rage; blubbering loudly was just one of these many things.

"Mmm..." Zanith said as he lazily brushed off his hands on his robe.
"I more than enjoy the torment of others. I relish in it. Were pain and suffering like water, I would bathe in it everyday...
...And yes, I am the one whom you seek.  

What business have you here? Speak quickly for I lose interest in you more and more with every passing second. Fail you to entertain me and you will suffer greatly..." he said as he levitated Squee's near-lifeless body.

"You, thief," he said mockingly, "will not provide me with the kind of pleasure this...this rat provides but...I'm sure you will spark my interest for a minute or two...if not longer..."
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/05/04 at 03:12:32 »
Quote Quote

Squee slowly drifted off into glorious death...or one would think. Squee's pain soon left and as his soul drifted further and further from his body.

As a pure soul, Squee's body was no longer that of a lowly rat. He was a small, European boy now. He was surrounded by a warm, comforting white light as he ran forward to what he craved most.

"Mama! Papa!" he yelled out loud as he waved both hands in the air as only a child could.

Squee's mother and father were both fairly young and were such the perfect pair; truly, they were Adam and his Eve. The smiled warmly at their child and held out their hands, ready to embrace their one and only.

Squee was so happy - happier than he had ever been in his life. He jumped into his parents' arms but was stopped in mid leap.

The light was completely drained from this utopia and was replaced with a terrible shroud of darkness. Long, wrinkled hands reached out from everywhere and suspended Squee, forcing him to watch his parents as more hands ripped them to pieces. His parents cried out in agony and screamed for mercy as the hands tore into them.

Squee wept and cried and tried to struggle his way out of the hands' grasp but twas no use. As his parents remains fell to the floor, the hands suddenly tightened their grip. The pulled back Squee's body and threw him with incredible force.

"S-Squee...?" he squeaked involuntairly as he awoke in his chamber. Zanith was kneeling beside him, smiling his sick and twisted grin.

"Ready to play again, I see."
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 02/05/04 at 05:42:53 »
Quote Quote

The two robed figures suddenly emerged from the bushes that blocked the grassy meadow from sight. As they emerged they stumbled as if they weren't paying attention to were they were going, just running in one direction. Suddenly there was a ear splitting roar, both figures quickly regained their balance and turned around.

From the bushes a large black mottled bear emerged. The bear was easily taller than the two men and looked to be stronger.

The two robed figures walked back slowly now, watching their steps as the bear advanced on them. Rabbits and deer were everywere to be seen, but no help. The bear suddenly stood on its hind legs and roared. It charged at the two figures, its great bulk of muscle bouncing up and down as it did. The two figures split apart from each other and ran a quarter of a circle around the bear.

The bear turned to its right and kept on charging at one of the figures. Suddenly the bear had 6 arrows in the back of his neck and chest. 6 more suddenly went in its chest as it roared back on its hind legs. Both figures had bows in their hands and had arrows ready to shoot again if it tried to charge again.

The bear roared one last time and fell sideways with a loud thump. The figures walked toward each other and quickly put their bows under their robes. Once both figures were close enough to talk one said "Meatss stonightss!" slurring his words as the other nodded his head in agreement.
IP Logged
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 02/06/04 at 06:05:45 »
Quote Quote

( firstly, the tests aren't widely known, neither widly shared. Also, they wear nothing but a hooded robe is what i should have said.)
IP Logged
LoKey
USA 

Once a Thorn, Always a Thorn

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: 02/06/04 at 18:17:41 »
Quote Quote

Lokey remains concealed from sight as he continues to size up this opponent.  "So it's entertainment ye are after. Tis why ye torment this small one, to inflate your own ego? Pity that such power is waisted on the small minded fiends who loose their sanity upon atainment of such heights of accomplishments within the arcane ways."  Lokey falls silent for a moment as he thinks of how to find ways to find a way to get this mage to inadvertantly reveal some weakness that may be exploited.

"So, ye like to entertainment. I'm sure we could find a game or two for amusement." Lokey starts to ponder what this small ratlike humanoid means to the mage and wonders what has kept this being alive through such torment. "Does the torment of this one bring ye pleasure? Or is it only prolonging his death that feeds your hate and ruthlessness?" Lokey smirks a bit as he speaks again, "Did your parents mistreat ye as a child, is that where this pent up aggression emerges from?"

Lokey examines the mages every reaction to his questions to see if any strike a nerve or cause a shift in this mages calm and collected manor, under the knowledge that if he can make the mage angry, perhaps he can cause the mage to make a slip of the tongue that might be helpful.

"Or perhaps was it your childhood, ye didn't have any friends to play with. Yes, that may be it as well. The world treated ye harshly, so ye now punish it for it's sins. Well what could this one have done to ye to make ye revel in it's suffering?"

Staying hidden, Lokey falls silent as he waits the mages answer, never staying in the same place, and never revealing his location as he speaks so that his voice echos and carries throughout the entire chamber.
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

~From Dylan Thomas': Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night~
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: 02/06/04 at 21:03:29 »
Quote Quote

"Wish to know my motives, do you?" he said with a smirk.
"I'll tell you why I do what I do. It's simple really. I do it because I can.
Why do I relish in the suffering of others? Because I do.
Why do I torment this pet of mine? Because I can.
Why do I destroy kingdom after kingdom? Because nobody can stop me.

My purpose cannot be understood by your...your mere mortal mind. I am God. You will never and can never understand my motives. I am the beginning and the end.

As for my child-hood..." he said as he shifted into a more comfortable position on his throne.
"My parents were loving and the world was compassionate. I had no worries. However, it was only that one faithful day, when I was awakened, that I realized my true potential and destiny. The ancient Arcane arts came clear to me and everything just began to become...clear."

"Lastly, no, I do not need this...this thing to survive," he said as he levitated Squee's body into the middle of the room.
"He is simply a play-thing, an item in my collection. He is no more and no less."
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/07/04 at 01:11:29 »
Quote Quote

The two robed figures had cut the bear up, leaving 3 piles. One pile was meat they would carry, one was of the soft fur to sell to the next merchant they came across, and the third was meat and entrails they could not carry or eat.  

The figures had set up a small fire to smoke the meat so it didn't go off and were sitting there, staring at the flames. One of the figures spoke, "Whys wes a sdoings this?"

The second figure grabs a small curved knife from a sheath inside his robe and started to sharpen a stick. "because we can dear Curwin, because we can."

There was a long silence before the figure named Curwin stirred and spoke again " Justs causes wes a cans sdos this, sdoesn'ts means I is wants sto sdo its!!"

"You and i both swore on our fathers grave we would kill all evil in this land, did we not?" the second figure asked.

"yesss...... buts fathers saids fors us sto live a happys slife Jurian!" Curwin replied

"Yes, and he also wanted to teach you proper english! but he didn't did he? Your lucky to have this much teaching in our language! especialy seeing as your an orc!" Jurian almost yelled.

"fines sthens!" Curwin replied

"Pack your stuff, were leaving, we've already spent too long here." Jurian almost commanded.

The two figures got up and packed all that was needed and started over the grassy meadows hills and ditches.
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 02/07/04 at 02:30:14 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard, Trekkie and this pacifist slow slink toward the castle Trekkie stealthily and the other two invisible by the power of the wizard. They slowly walk into the keep, Trekkie fires a small gem through the window by tying it to a bolt on a hand crossbow. Silverwizard then uses it to start sending sound with LoKey's voice but from other places to ask, "Necromancer, why do you call yourself a god for you could not take on anyone - not even the clerics of the gods you claim to ursurp."
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 02/07/04 at 22:44:42 »
Quote Quote

Jurian and Curwin had slipped into nightmist without anyone noticing them. They had gone to a fur merchant and sold their fur for money to rest at an inn. They traveled using the back streets of nighmist and the dark alleys instead of sticking to the main road, where they were able to be spotted.

They had found the back entrance to the boars tusk, and could hear fighting being done above. They quitely slipped up to the bartender and Jurian asked, "room for two please."

The bartender startled and fell over. Jurian put the 300 gold they made from the bear on the counter and asked again, "room for two!"

The bartender quickly snatched the gold and pointed upstairs were they had heard the fighting going on. They found the stair case and quitely went up it.

They got to the top of the stairs and peeked out, only showing their heads, they could see no danger, but that didn't mean it wasn't there. They pulled out a dagger in each hand and tried their best to slip into the shadows.  

Their father always said that, "Its best to learn all you can, cause if you dont, you WILL die!" so, within the months that father was alive, they learnt from many classes including thieves, clerics and mages. Although they weren't even an adept in those other classes, they were still good enough not to be seen unless someone was looking for them or heal a minor wound or even cast a small electric ball.

Someone had been looking for them, suddenly Curwin was laying face first on the ground. Jurian turned and found a large, burley man. He lunged with one of his dagger but the man parried it with his own sword. The man shouted something and suddenly Jurian tumbled down next to Curwin.
IP Logged
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #29 on: 02/08/04 at 03:03:21 »
Quote Quote

((Dearest Rosemary,

You said yourself that you were new to RP'ing so please, don't take this offensively.

I don't see where your posts are leading. I'm not sure if you're playing the "Damsel in Distress" - waiting for the gallant, white knight to save you - or if you're just posting for practice.

However, the way I see it, your posts leave little room or opprutunity (sorry, I cannot spell tonight) for interaction or participation in this story.

I'm sorry but if your posts don't start going somewhere soon, they'll just continue to be ignored (by myself, at least).

I know you're new to RP'ing so please don't think that I'm insulting you.

Yours truly,
Squee))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: 02/08/04 at 03:10:50 »
Quote Quote

on 02/07/04 at 02:30:14, Silverwizard wrote:
Silverwizard, Trekkie and this pacifist slow slink toward the castle Trekkie stealthily and the other two invisible by the power of the wizard. They slowly walk into the keep, Trekkie fires a small gem through the window by tying it to a bolt on a hand crossbow. Silverwizard then uses it to start sending sound with LoKey's voice but from other places to ask, "Necromancer, why do you call yourself a god for you could not take on anyone - not even the clerics of the gods you claim to ursurp."

"Hmmm..." Zanith said as he thrusted his hand forward, sending a burst of invisible energy at Squee. His poor, frail body slammed against the opposite wall and then fell to the ground.

"There is a reason I call myself God. You see, my power comes from raw hatred.

I am not sure if your feeble minds can comprehend this but do try to bear with me.

'Below' our world lies the spirit world. This world is inherited by things that I won't waste my time explaining to you. However, there is one thing that I will explain to you.

Mortals, such as yourselves, have a direct impact on this Spirit World. All your negative feelings - your fear, your greed, your jealousy, your anger - come together and form into crystals in the spirit world. These "Crystals of Thought"

POST TO BE COMPLETED. I had to get off this computer.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 02/08/04 at 09:11:45 »
Quote Quote

(sry, but, i'm not used to this sort of roleplaying, i'm used to the DM moving a party/character around the place so i wont continue anymore on this forum.)
IP Logged
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: 02/09/04 at 02:24:09 »
Quote Quote

((Ignore the above post by me. I can't delete it. I was going somewhere with Thoughtforms but I think that maybe plagirism so I'm going to steer clear from that.))

"Hmmm..." Zanith said as he thrusted his hand forward, sending a burst of invisible energy at Squee. His poor, frail body slammed against the opposite wall and then fell to the ground.  

"There is a reason I call myself God. You see, my power is immense. It is beyond any of you. My powers are of the ancient Arcanes. The magic you all possess can only be part of the newer magical weave.  

My powers pre-date this universe. Before the idea of this realm was even conceived, I was perfecting the Arcane arts.

Therefore, my powers must be derived from the powers that created this plane. This means that my powers will also see the end to this world.

The Alpha and the Omega; I am the start and the finish and nothing...NOTHING will stop me!"

With that, Zanith stood up and thrusted both his arms to the sides. An aura of pure darkness draped over his body and he began to levitate just above the floor.

The torches to his throne room flickered and blew out. The walls began to crumble and the floor gave way. However, it was only the furious yellings of Zanith that gave a true warning to all occupants of the room that if they did not leave, they would find themselves in a stoney grave.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
LoKey
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: 02/09/04 at 14:24:54 »
Quote Quote

Lokey notices the mages attention is shifting and that danger is mounting and time grows short.  Knowing that he must find a way to distract this mage and quickly, Lokey decides to make a last ditch effort to refocus this mages attention on him and not his current activities.

"Such a pity that ye have decided play time is over. Just when things were about to get interesting. But I guess that's the course of things." Lokey decides to make a desperate attempt. "Pity that your parents can't see what ye've become. I'm sure it would break their hearts to learn that they spawned a creature such as yourself." Lokey steps from the shadows slowly walking towards the door and to Squee. "And it's a shame how ye must 'demonstrate' your power and might on such a small and frail creature." Lokey kneels next to Squee as he picks up the tattered and scared figure, once more standing to his feet, turning to face the mage.

"So, this is the legacy ye wish to leave? Death and destruction? What could have warped one's mind into such a disgrace? What could have tormented your soul to such a degree that ye would turn your parents blood, sweat and tears over your existence into such utter failure? Such darkness and decay has vexed ye to the point where ye are void of a soul." Lokey shakes his head sorrowfully. "At first I thought ye were to be hated and destroyed, but now I see clearly. Ye are to be pitied. How one has chosen to fall from grace and must harm those weaker than himself to constantly remind himself that he has power. Such a cowardly and weakly way of life that is."

Lokey turns heading for the door slowly, hoping this mage will either become intrigued or at the very least angry as he continues to carry Squee, craddled in his arms, awaiting a reaction.
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: 02/09/04 at 21:47:25 »
Quote Quote

Zanith stopped his spell and looked at Lokey. He had definatley caught his attention and, by the looks of it, had quite a good hold on it.

"If anything, my parents would be happy of what I have accomplished. In nay but a few weeks, I have liberated thousands of towns and villages, countless kingdoms and an innumerable amount of people.  

Through my destruction, I shall forge a utopia. There will be no religion, no hatred, no strife, no hunger, no poverty; there will only be me.

I shall destroy everything on this fair earth and start from scratch for you mortals have turned this once Eden into a hell. I shall see to your deaths and you can hold me to those words," he said as he sat down on his throne, watching Squee slowly get totted off.

Squee's eyes slowly opened and he looked up at Lokey. His eyes watered and he reached out to touch his savior, however, he did not possess even the strength to raise his limbs.

"A-Are...y-you God...?" Squee said in his tiny, innocent voice. His lisp and child-like accent could only further enhance one's perspective of his incorruption, only possessed by the children of this world.

Squee's whiskers and ears twitched as his tail swayed uncontrolably as he was carried. Besides the rags he wore, Squee was completely naked. His body was covered in a thick fur and his nose was elongated. He looked so much like a rat that most people would run in fear from him.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Isengard
USA 

~~Hell's Cognitive Therapy~~

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 02/09/04 at 22:50:21 »
Quote Quote

Before the crowd, a 5-ft dwarvin figure emerged from the shadows, stood there motionless for a minute then walked toward the scene with certain curiosity.

Isengard,212 years old, though quite young for a dwarvin assassin, he embodied great skills and leadership among his tribe. He carried a 3 foot thorne blade in his left hand, and an emerald dagger in his right hand.

"Not much of us found in here, aye?" he made a sudden remark  

Isengard glanced at Lokey on the left and Zanith on the right corner  
He asked with a short wheezing "What's going on??"
IP Logged

*Click* *Click*:" I*'LL* SEE* YOU * ON * THE * DARK * SIDE * OF * THE * MOON * "
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #36 on: 02/10/04 at 00:38:53 »
Quote Quote

Zanith smirked at Isengard.
"It seems that my home has become more of a bar than a sanctuary..."

"Tell me, half-beast," Zanith started lazily.
"What brings you to my humble abode? Do you know not who I am?"
IP Logged

Affinity's End
LoKey
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: 02/10/04 at 14:16:59 »
Quote Quote

Lokey takes a moment to focus on Squee, seemingly to completely ignore the mage for the moment, hoping it will grate on his nerves. He speaks softly to Squee as he kneels down with his back to Zanith, "Nae young one, I am nae god. But I do have a gift for ye." Lokey conceals his actions from the mages view with his body as he pulls out a potion with great healing properties within it. He carefully uncorks it and helps Squee to drink, winking at the frail one so as to tell him to maintain the ruze of his suffering for now. After placing the empty vial into his pack, Lokey once more stands, holding Squee in his arms to continue the image that Squee needs his help, and he turns his attention back to the mage.

"So, ye truly believe your parents would be proud of their destruction? Ye are going to obliderate all life except yours, that would include them. And they are going to be proud of ye for this? Somehow I doubt that, and anyone of even a hint of intelligence would know that no one thanks a viper for biting them." Lokey pauses for a moment as he thinks. "But then again, perhaps that's the reason. Perhaps they have been taken from ye and that is the source of your madness. So which is it mage. Are you truly a blundering idiot with power, or are ye a tormented and vexed soul that greives over a terrible loss. Or are ye the product of abuse and your anger burns against all life because of the treatment ye recieved from your parents."

Lokey's gaze locks on Zanith's eyes with a penetrating stare. "Have ye not even thought this through? Or have ye thought it out and decided to take the easier route because the right course to set this world in order would be too difficult. Truely a god would wish to fix this world, not destroy it and start over. What satisfaction could ye gain from a creation that is made to serve and act as ye would desire? What would be your gratification? Nae, I do nae thikn ye have thought this through. True satisfaction for ye would be to find a people ye could aid in becoming the people who would transform the world into a utopia. But it's easier to hate than to love. It's safer to destroy and force an opion on others, than to truly find the joy in acceptance of those who would stand behind ye even in a darkest hour." Lokey shakes his head in disgust and mock of this mage. "Truly power has been waisted upon your lack of courage and apparant idiocy. Ye may be intelligent, but wisdom has escaped ye and bravery is a foreign concept to ye."

"Ye wish for an accomplishment to be praised for so that ye can be called the god that ye claim to be. But in truth, ye are simply a hollow shell with a misguided plan to make a form of creature to do your bidding unquestioningly. Ye don't seek to make a utopia, ye are only seeking a world of slaves to your will. In attaining this godlike power, ye have lost your reason for being. Truly a wretched and pitful creature ye are. And I pity ye all the more now."

Lokey's gaze remains locked on Zanith as he examines his every reaction, every inflection of his voice and every little clue that would reveal anything more about this man. He also hopes that the creature within his arms, however young it may be, might hold a key to this mage's downfall. "Well, mage? What have ye to say?"
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 02/10/04 at 15:45:42 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard and his two companions the theif and pacifist follwer of Cyric step through a portal that suddenly opens into Zanith's so called sanctuary. Silverwizard drops the scroll he had me working on and raises his hands before him, "This world will not call you God even if you destroy it for the true gods have greater power than your weak form. Try to destroy them before you try to destroy what they protect."

The pacifist moves in front of Silverwizard and says, "You shall not stop us for the power I hold - given to me by a true God - will protect me from all your minor magics."

Trekkie simply ducks into a defensive position ready to attack his enemies or defend his friends at all times.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
DemonSkys
USA 

Momento Mori

alaskaredrose   alaskaredrose
View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 02/10/04 at 15:50:26 »
Quote Quote

As Isengard was within the fortress/home. She'd be standing outside. A sentry for her friend. Bow in hand she waited there within the shadows for anyone that would attempt to enter. Having a mental apathy with both Lokey and Isengard she senses and feels what they do. Should fear or pain enter them. She'd be with them in the fray.

Standing 5'4 as her race was not known for thier height. She easily kept conceiled. Secured about her throat the pendant that keeps her safe within her Hell home. She'd simply wait for now. Her long white hair hung about her back, As she peered high above at a window. Slowly climbing a tree she'd watch on.  Seeming to wait and watch what it is that went on. Her cold green eyes shifted to her surrounding making sure that her friends would remain protected.
IP Logged

From the shadows....
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.