Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Prisoner in Tears (Open) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/23/24 at 08:11:46

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prisoner in Tears (Open)  (Read 4586 times)
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Reply #40 on: 02/11/04 at 00:27:59 »
Quote Quote

"H-How dare you..." Zanith said as he clentched his fists tightly.

"You come into my home and you begin to insult my goals and my family! Do you think this would go unpunished?!"

Zanith opened a small, firey gate-way and out stepped 2 rather large shadow-monsters. With an anguished and frustrated cry, both creatures' chest began to expand. Their screamed their hellish cries just moments before their bodies could no longer take the pressure.

Their obsidian blood smeared against all walls and Zanith even lost his concentration, letting the speckles of life-water get through his ever present aura.

"O nameless theif, leave this place and never return! ...For if you do, be prepared to die by my hands. You have no clue whom you are dealing with!

Know my name is Zanith and that I am the Master...nae, God of the Arcanes for this will be the last name to echo through your bloodied ears as you drift into sweet, embracing death!
"

Just the mere echoing of Zanith's voice on the walls of the corridor caused it to tremble. The floor shook slightly and several of the torches were blown out.

"Onii-chan*..." Squee said between sips of his potion.
"Y-You...have...ta leave..." he squeaked weakly. His strength slowly returned but not to the point where he could stand by himself. Squee's body and mind were completely shattered in every aspect of the word.

Violated, dishonoured, tortured, abused - it didn't matter what you called it. The sum always added up to one thing.

Scarier yet, it was evident that Zanith had yet to show anyone - including Squee - his true and almighty powers.

((*Onii-chan: Japanese for big brother or someone looked up to with great respect.))
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 02/11/04 at 02:11:37 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard begins a spell of awsome proportions, "A name is a powerful thing you know weakling Zanith. Your power shall be stripped from you as your name destroys you. The name Zanith shall be the last thing you and I hear if this goes wrong and if it goes right - only you, for I will live long without your puny destructive self in this world". As he says this he picks up his scroll and uses its magic power to power his spell also quickly emtying his pouch of mana into dust and the spell starts to grow in his hand and then hands.

The pacifist casts a spell to protect Silverwizard during his trials and also to protect Squee so he will not be injured by his tormentor's demise. "The child did not ask to be here, I will get him out if he will permit me for I cannot do more here," he states simply going over to Squee and looking at him to see if he can be (and will permit himself to be) taken from LoKey.

Trekkie in a bold attempt grabs ten steel daggers from his belt and starts throwing them at Zanith. He moves quickly and agily hoping to dodge any spells or retaliations. "Poor mage has lost his mind for he thinks we insulted his family when he did that by being born."
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: 02/11/04 at 03:43:11 »
Quote Quote

Zanith yawned and waved a hand. Immediatley, all of Trekkie's daggers fell to the ground with a clatter.

"I have told you all, already...Do not try to stop me. You are playing with fire...except this fire is more of an inferno...of unimaginable porportions."

Another wave of Zaniths hand occured and a fiery gate appeared once more. Of the legions of shadow-creatures that could be seen, only 2 stepped out. They were hunched over and their blackened bodies were covered in spikes of assorted lengths. Neither carried a conventional weapon, only long, blunt, shield-like instruments on their forearms. Their 6 foot form (8 foot when fully upright) was fairly uncharacterized - their only real visual focul point being their crimson eyes.

"I let you go before with no injuries...now, feel what happens when you incur my wrath..."

The two creatures both let loose high-pitched, ungodly screams then charged forward, using their massive body size to thrust forth their crushing and massive blows.

However, only Silverwizard and Trekkie were attacked. Zanith was becoming more interested with this Lokey character. He deserved to live at least a while longer than these...these infidels.
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
LoKey
USA 

Once a Thorn, Always a Thorn

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: 02/11/04 at 04:01:41 »
Quote Quote

Lokey smirks as he notices the anger swelling within Zanith. "Well well well, now the truth comes out. Such anger and frustration mounting in a so called god over simple words from mortal? Truly remarkable that such anger could be burning with the heart of one who was going to kill me anyway according to your plan. So tell me, what do I have to loose? Still, ye asked for entertainment, I thought I would show ye that ye aren't completely invulnerable."

"Ye haven't ascended as ye claim to have either, for not even ye believe in your godhood. Your own slip of the tongue shows your own doubt. Ye first called yourself the 'Master of Arcane' and then corrected yourself. So tell me Zanith, with your superior intelligence, where is your confidence? Best wait before destroying me, or without wisdom from a 'mortal' ye may end up being your own demise."  

"Need some further supporting evidence for this? Your family honor was questioned and ye responded in anger. Perhaps a bit of your humanity still remains within ye, as much as ye would desire it not to be, it still remains."

"So, is it worth a slight delay in your plans to continue this conversation a bit longer? Or is destruction all your warped and twisted mind can grip now. Does any reason remain? The choice is yours, shall we continue to dance in whit now that I've proven to ye that perhaps there is wisdom within mortals or shall we revert to barbarism and show that even ascending to what ye claim to be godhood hasn't made ye more of a man than a simpleton who claims to be nothing more than man trying to make his way in this world. Which is it? Has the mighty Zanith fallen to mear words?"

Lokey continue to watch the mage with a piercing gaze that shows no fear of his opponent or of death as he waits to see if the mage will collect himself or if the fight is now unavoidable.
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

~From Dylan Thomas': Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night~
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: 02/11/04 at 04:22:34 »
Quote Quote

Zanith glared at Lokey for a moment. His eyes flared with anger and his heart began to swell with hate. However, just as the Arcane magics began to jump between his finger tips, he held his sides and began to laugh.

He laughed and laughed, tears beginning to stream down his cheeks.
"You, sir, have no clue. You believe yourself to know better than I, yet, your accusations are merely those concocted in your feeble, mortal mind.

How could you possibly know what I know? You are mortal and all you know or ever shall know is mortal. I have achieved something greater and, as such, you will never even begin to come close to knowing what I know.

I have discarded my mortal shackles. Arn'thet no longer exists. I am Zanith, God of the Arcanes and, the soon to be, God of the Realm. Ever mortal fibre of my being has been destroyed and lost, never to be found again! d**ned be the man who says that I am still attached to my mortal coil!

Now...O nameless warrior," Zanith said as he drew a circle with his hand in mid-air, creating a pool of silver, liquid to appear in front of Lokey and his "prize."
"I suggest you leave this place. Never return. You are lucky you have amused me. Many like yourself were not as fortunate...

Oh, and before you even try, don't bother asking Squee any questions. I have made sure that he is no more than a puppet, a play-thing, a scape-goat. He knows only me and will only revere me. As such, he will not even come close to a composure fit to talk in a civil manner."
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Isengard
USA 

~~Hell's Cognitive Therapy~~

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 02/12/04 at 00:24:59 »
Quote Quote

[ Undecided sorry i can't continue my part, it seemed like this rping required alot more time than i expected /sigh]

* Isengard bows to everyone

and with a blink of an eye, he catches for the shadows before him and disappears nimbly.
IP Logged

*Click* *Click*:" I*'LL* SEE* YOU * ON * THE * DARK * SIDE * OF * THE * MOON * "
LoKey
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: 02/12/04 at 04:23:27 »
Quote Quote

Lokey turns to look at Squee and smiles comfortly. "It appears as if ye are guilty of what ye accuse me of. Ye think yourself to be a god, when..." Lokey is interupted by a breeze that seems to carry a whispered voice saying, "He is a god, the god of arcane ways in this realm."

Lokey knows the voice well and stops. Lokey nods, "So I stand corrected. Ye are truely a god. The Arcane Master of this realm is it? Interesting." Even with this strange event and the confirmation of Zanith's god hood, Lokey's composure still remains calm and collected. He looks at Squee with a comforting smile, "All will be alright little one. Just ye wait." He then turns his attention back to Zanith.

"So, am I to take it that ye are done being 'entertained?' Or shall we get to the game that we have been dancing around this whole time? I say we've waisted enough time. If ye didn't have some game in mind, I wouldn't think with your desire for entertainment that it would be as simple as a snap of the fingers and all would be destroyed. Doesn't seem very sporting of ye and ye strike me as the sportsman. So, what are the rules and how is everything to proceed?"

As Lokey speaks a soft breeze blows through the room as a feeling of utter serenity and calm seems to rest upon the air itself. The breeze concentrates to the area just to the left of Zanith's throne and a figure of matching height and build to Lokey appears covered completely from head to foot in a hooded robe of navy blue concealing the being, emerges from the breeze as if carried there. Lokey falls silent as his gaze falls to the newly visible figure. A sense of divine awe and great power is felt by all present as soon as they gaze upon him. Silence overtakes the room for a moment.
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 02/12/04 at 17:12:20 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard quickly shifts his spell to including this new name Arn'thet. The spell now including Arn'thet and Zanith he then reveals is power - it is a Truename spell. The spell's power will transport Zanith to any plane Silverwizard wishes.

Trekkie starts to use his daggers to attack the shadow creatures until they get us close where he uses a scarlet dagger he claimed from his former adopted father in one hand, and a crystal knife in the other.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #48 on: 02/13/04 at 02:37:11 »
Quote Quote

A green sphere glimmered into existence behind the two demons, and they were instantly immolated. Leaving two piles of dust, and one blue robed wizard stading amidst the smoking refuse.

"I assume I'm not too late?"

Draco strode over and waved a hand to the other adventurers come onto his newfound quest. He spoke as if they were in a compfortable tavern, speaking as friends met after a hard days work.

"Dreadful buisiness to find this place... But then you're all still standing. Thats always a good sign."

He turned to Zanith, and tipped his hat in an insolent gesutre, bowing deeply and over dramatically, with far too many flourishes.  

"And ye must be the great Zanith. Worry not, your death shall be as swift as the lads parents were."

Draco had been a family friend of Squees parents, before he was sent off to study the arcane arts. He found out about the razing of the village only days ago, and has sought to destroy this "Zanith" ever since. After a quick wave of his hand to scatter the dust piles to prevent resummoning, he took a more alert stand with the others.

"It's ok Squee. It's all going to be ok."
IP Logged

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
Walter Lippmann (1889 - 1974)
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: 02/13/04 at 21:33:44 »
Quote Quote

((Sorry about my lack of posting. I was out yesterday night and I'm going to be going out tonight again, too.))

Zanith smirked and sat back down on his throne, crossing his legs in an elegant manner.
"Oh, loe and behold, tis the mighty Adrian. Come to show me my mis-guided ways? Planning to show me just how many and how much I've hurt people? Maybe you've come with the ghosts of the past, present and future? Go back to sitting on your cloud, Adrian. You are not welcome here."

"As for you, Sir Silverwizard, what exactly do you plan to do? ...Hmm...Truename spell, is it? Here, let me help you with your castings. Try including my other names:
Allah, Yahweh, El Dios, Mon Dieu, Il Mio Dio, Vishnu, etcetra, etcetra.

Honestly, Silverwizard-chan*, where do you plan on transporting me to? The bottom of the ocean? Under a mountain? The 7th circle of hell?

I can assure you," he said with a sigh, "your efforts will be in vain. As I told you, I am master of the planes. No kind of world will ever hinder me. Remember that."

"Now...as for you, O Mysterious One," Zanith said as he shifted in his seat. His eyes just vaguely glinted with that of interest.
"Tell me, who are you and why have you come? Oh, wait, don't tell me," Zanith said with a chuckle.
"You're another gallant warrior? The newest of the white knights? A He-Man, trying to win his name through the destruction of the greatest force this world has ever seen?"

"D-Draco-s-sama**..." Squee said. His concious state was now as the tides; fading in and out as time progressed.

Zanith glared at Squee, cradled in Lokey's arms.
"Silence," he mumbled as Squee's face was suddenly set ablaze. The smell of burning flesh was only vaguely evident, however. It seems like it gets harder to smell when your ears are flooded with the anguished cries of a child.

((* -chan refers to a woman.
** -sama refers to a God or someone looked up to greatly.))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 02/15/04 at 05:29:00 »
Quote Quote

"You are the master of the Planes are you? If you believe that you are gods as well as god then I can send you home." Silverwizard smiles as he sends Zanith to the Plane of the Gods where the true gods rest. He then grabs the scroll and slips it into his pack while it recharges itself - one of the many experiments done on it - and then starts throw spells at Zanith while he flies down the portal.

Trekkie throws an equal amount of daggers after Zanith as well. "Mortals shall not deal with him, let us let the true gods deal with this upstart," he says as he steps to the side and catapults himself up into the ceiling.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: 02/15/04 at 05:47:59 »
Quote Quote

"Bravo," Zanith said as he flew down his worm hole.
"However, nothing more than a parlour trick..."

Zanith let out a mighty cry as he began to reach out with his mind. Zanith knew that all magic came from one original source. That source, indeed, was the Almighty. However, direcly below the Almighty came the Arcanes.

Just by the hand gestures, the eye movement and even the breathing patterns displayed by Silverwizard, Zanith had picked apart his spell and translated it into Arcane wordings (in his mind, of course).

With little more than a bead of sweat on his brow, Zanith turned the spell around and threw it's very essence back into the Arcane weave, exactly where it came from; ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

As the spell vanished, Zanith found himself in an empty plane - a plane waiting to be sculpted. He simply smiled and blew a kiss out into the void.
"Sir Silverwizard, I think you may have just made my job a lot easier..."

With several hand gestures and mumblings, Zanith created an exact copy of himself. Twas only an avatar that possessed no power but it was directly linked to Zanith's mind and could, therefore, watch over this land until such time that he could come back.

A snap of his fingers and Zanith appeared back in his keep.
"Silverwizard-chan, an impressive spell indeed. However, you'll have to do much better than that to defeat the likes of me. You can still flee for your life now. My offer still stands."
IP Logged

Affinity's End
LoKey
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #52 on: 02/15/04 at 06:03:39 »
Quote Quote

The robed figure reaches to his hood, exposing his hand. His skin retains a golden luster as if he was made from pure metal. As his hood is lowered, everyone notices facial features that show his heritage to come from none other than the thief who stands among them by the name of Lokey La`Mace. His hair that extends below his shoulders holds a strawberry blonde color, and gently sways in the unseen breeze that seems to constantly flow around him. As his eye lids part, the void where his eyes should be, are filled with pale blue orbs that emit a soft light. A smile forms on his lips as his gaze meets Zanith.  In a voice that is barely above a whisper, he speaks with power, authority and knowledge that seems to transend time itself.

"Ye should know that I am always watching. Every event, wheather minor and major... none miss my ever watchful gaze. "

Lokey speaks to the robed figure as he nods. "Tis good to see ye son.  Tis been too long Adrian." Adrian turns to look at his father with a soft smile. "Only for ye father, for part of me never leaves your side, nor our family's. Or did ye really believe twas mere luck that ye have survived the many 'close calls' ye have experienced?" Adrian smirks slightly. "For now father, we should keep to the task at hand, and save the reunion." Lokey nods to Adrian and they both turn to face Zanith once more.

The Watcher then looks at Silverwizard and at Zanith. "It was a good try sir Silverwizard. A valiant effort. But loose not heart. He only holds the status of deity because of his connection with the weave itself. He has... 'stolen' this right if ye will." Adrian smirks as the glowing orbs that are his eyes lock on Zanith. "And what has been stolen can always be returned. Tis the way of things." Adrian knows that his words would be like steel cutting into his Zanith's gut, for he's just revealed that he knows the mage's weakness and how to exploit it.

"Oh and about the little part of ye that ye left behind... That is nae your realm, it doesn't belong there. Remove it..." Adrian's voice changes from the mild mannered, calm voice to one of authority and power enough to make even Zanith second guess himself as the blue glow of his eyes flashes crimson, "or I will." Adrian's composure changes back to his previous composure as he waits for Zanith to comply.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: 02/15/04 at 06:17:04 »
Quote Quote

Zanith snarled at Adrian as he clentched a fist. His avatar was immediately returned to the weave in a burst of "fire."

"Why did you come here, Adrian? We both know that you cannot interfere with my affairs no matter how much you want to. You will simply sit and watch as I sweep this plane clean.

As for your little hints, and clues - stop it now. No matter what you say or do, it makes no difference. What is to come is already laid out. Now, it's simply a matter of time.

Face it, Adrian. I am the future."
IP Logged

Affinity's End
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #54 on: 02/16/04 at 01:02:55 »
Quote Quote

((Srry been away))

Names Draco... And you shall soon know to fear it. Master of the arcane or not... I don't doubt you can be defeated. And defeated you will be. If not for what you did to the boy's parents. for what you do to him now.
*He looks down at Squee and rage builds in his eyes, and they flared a slight tinge of blue.*
Ye shall pay for what you have done monster.... By my hand or not it makes little difference.  
*He gathered several bolts of mana in his hands and flung them at the throne. Knowing such a feeble attack was off little use he quickly touched a ring of power on his hand, and sunk into the floor, hoping to slip out of Zanith's sight in the confusion of the raging bolts.*
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: 02/16/04 at 01:18:28 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard begins to think back into the teachings of his parents into magical experimentation thinks about how a mage can shift the weave. "Hmm," he says slowly, "Proicere nuil doha". The room shakes with power sending ripples thoughout it. Silverwizard stands now a towering 5' with robes made out of silver and his hands he holds lightning made out of the weave itself. He then throws this lightning directly at Zanith.

The Pacifist who has been at Squee's side turns and grabs Zanith by the robe and holds him in place so no counterspell can be cast.
IP Logged

dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #56 on: 02/16/04 at 01:41:35 »
Quote Quote

((OOC: Holy godmod batman!!! Thats not cool man.))
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #57 on: 02/16/04 at 01:50:17 »
Quote Quote

"Baka..." Zanith mumbled as he waved a hand. Both mana bolts immediatley disappated before they even came close to Zanith's body.

Then, Zanith exhaled slowly, resulting in his body immediatley bursting into flames. The fire blazed with such brilliance that it hurt to look directly upon it.

"Honestly. Why do you insist on fighting me? You cannot even begin to comprehend the kind of power I control..."

With a harsh stare, Zanith counteracted the spell. Silverwizard's bolts of lightning immediatley burst into a brilliant light show of blue, gold and virgin white.

"You can't even control the weave properly. You are toying with things you cannot even begin to imagine," came Zanith's voice through his fire.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #58 on: 02/16/04 at 01:56:49 »
Quote Quote

Draco sliped out of the wall behind Zanith's throne, quietly placing several small blue crystals around the massive chair. He slunk back into the wall and appeared once more at the ceiling, another larger black crystal in his grasp. He flung it into the blinding fire, and as it was destroyed, his spell was complete. A void field formed around Zanith as one of Draco's most hated spells came to fruition. He stepped gingerly out of the wall behind the others, and looked down to squee, his eyes flaring a bit brighter blue for his anger.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #59 on: 02/16/04 at 02:03:24 »
Quote Quote

After a moment of being in the void, a face in Zanith's likeness sprouted out of the ceiling. It peered down at the "heroes" and spoke its booming words.

"Infidel! You know for a fact that you cannot simply lock me away! It's only a matter of time before I unlock your spell.

...And once I do...
"

The face then rose back into the ceiling, letting loose a manical laughter. The stones were brought back perfectly as if nothing had ever happened.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.