Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Prisoner in Tears (Open) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/20/24 at 01:44:48

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prisoner in Tears (Open)  (Read 4584 times)
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

Re: Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Reply #60 on: 02/16/04 at 03:44:21 »
Quote Quote

Ok. We have about five minutes. I'm Draco pleased to meet you. Any of you lads have any idea how you wnat to take him down?
IP Logged

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
Walter Lippmann (1889 - 1974)
LoKey
USA 

Once a Thorn, Always a Thorn

View Profile WWW

« Reply #61 on: 02/16/04 at 05:42:21 »
Quote Quote

Lokey looks at the one who's been addressed as Adrian. "Ye know his weakness, don't ye? How can we stop him?" Adrian smiles softly at his father and then speaks in the same whispered tone as he has been throughout this whole confrontation. "Sadly father, ye can't..." his eyes turn towards Draco and Silverwizard... "But if ye two combine forces, perhaps ye two may have a chance. Know this, ye can't overpower him with your talents in the arcane. Twill be knowledge and wisdom that will be his downfall."

"He knows as well as I, that his power and claim to the divine rests solely in his connection to the mana stream. Time is short, for he'll be breaking free from his prison. He's tied himself to the 'weave' as he calls it and his power come directly from it. Tis why ye cannot over power him as ye have been trying. He thinks that he is the future." Adrian shakes his head. "His future is limited. But all that I can say is this, the book which holds the key to his connection to the weave rests here, within his tower. Separate him from the weave, and ye will once again make him no more powerful than a mortal sorcerer. All be it, he will be still be a formidible oponent, but he will be mortal."

"Behind the remains of what was his throne, lies a trap door. There will be a spiral staircase that will descend 20 meters into the depths of the earth. There will be three doors. At each door a riddle with an arcane trap. Fail to disipher the riddle and it will mean your life. Past these doors, is a alter of gold and stone. The book resting upon is what he used to merge to the weave. Using that, ye both will have to work together to sever his connection. Then and only then will ye all be able to face him."

Adrian shifts his gaze as he hears something that no one else present can. "He's breaking free, ye best hurry." Adrian then turns to his father. "The young one in your arms must be protected. Return to the shadows and guard him. He thinks that I will merely watch, but I am here to act this time, to act as a distraction. Yes, I am The Watcher, but he has forgotten that I am the Keeper of the past, present and future. He is a threat to the future. And that I cannot allow." Lokey nods to his son and vanishes from sight as he slips within a shadow, concealing himself and Squee from sight.

Adrian turns to face where the void prison contains Zanith. "Prepare... he comes."
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

~From Dylan Thomas': Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night~
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #62 on: 02/16/04 at 20:52:41 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard flies behind the throne at top speed with Trekkie covering him with daggers. Both the thief and the mage open the trap door. The pacifist moves around and tries to decifer the riddle with Silver and Trekkie covering their back.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #63 on: 02/16/04 at 20:54:24 »
Quote Quote

Draco looked at the trapdoor for a moment and then turned to the others.  
"Can you keep him at bay for me? I can go get the tome."
He broke a small orb in his pocket and he seemed to split in to four solid figures.
"I'll need a few more minutes, one of me will stay here, and the others will search the vault. I won't be able to cast any spells until it wears off... And I have only a few moments."
A rumbling is heard.
"Prepare with haste... He comes."
With that three of the Dracos' bolted into the cavern, and the fourth leaned against the wall with a wry grin, trying to act as natural as possible.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #64 on: 02/16/04 at 21:20:30 »
Quote Quote

Almost as if on cue, every single one of Draco's crystals shattered, filling the room with a light tinkling. The void simply vanished and Zanith was, once again, standing as if nothing had happened.

"How dare you, Adrian...You cannot simply change fate like this. You are to watch and remember what has and will happen. To threaten the future - myself - is blasphemy. You are not doing your job. You are not serving the higher power. You are crossing a line that should never be crossed."

With that, Zanith sat back down on his throne and crossed his legs in an elegant fashion. He sighed as he pulled out a looking glass from the sleeve of his robe. The moment he peered into it, the glass shattered.

However, Zanith's face did not change. He simply took a few deep breaths and snapped his fingers.

Another gate-way appeared at the base of the stairwell. Hordes of shadow-beasts stepped through. Each was more terrifying than the next.

Wielding blades, spiked clubs, flails and every other type of weapon conceivable, they waited. Their bodies slowly twitched in anticipation. Though they did not possess that great of a power, their numbers were surely to be reckoned with.

"Alright, Adrian. We shall play it your way. We'll let your 'adventurers' try to unravel the enigma below."

The stone passage-way was poorly constructed in comparison to the rest of Zanith's Spire. The steps were staggered - some were higher than others while others were narrower - making descending them an obstacle in itself.

At the bottom lead to a long and large corridor. The way was dimly lit by torches, emitting a dark, azure flame.

And, just as Adrian had said, there was a large, immovable door at the end.

Inscribed into the stone was written a simple riddle, written in Arcane symbols.

((TBC! I'll finish it by telling you the riddle. I'll be back soon.))
« Last Edit: 02/16/04 at 21:43:59 by Mip » IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #65 on: 02/16/04 at 21:28:16 »
Quote Quote

The visible Draco grimmaced at the hordes flooding forth through the portal, as his counterparts frantically tried to decifer the riddles below.
"Oh perfect. Company."
Using one of his few magic baubles which required no spell casting, he ran into the crowd. shattering a crystal on one of his rings of power to set his skin aflame, hoping to scare off some of the monsters, and singe the rest. He bolted to the other side of the room, trying to split up tohe force so they would be easier to deal with.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #66 on: 02/16/04 at 21:43:29 »
Quote Quote

The shadow-creatures did not fear anything. Their sole purpose was to serve and if they died doing so, all the better.

The snarled and bared their long, black teeth as they all charged at Draco. Some of the monsters were even trampled to death by their kin. There was much confusion as weapons of all sorts (including a few limbs) were strew about the corridor.

The room was filled with frantic shouting and screaming - all of which seemed to be devried from the same, hellish source.

Upon the wall was engraved several symbols. Arcane, being a dead language, was quite difficult to decipher and completely impossible for some people to even begin to learn.

As one looked over the symbols, an eerie, blue aura began to emit from the stone door itself.

In its translated state, the riddle read as followed:

Greater in value than the gems of the earth,  
A man may posses it without knowing its worth.  
Stronger than steel or brittle as glass,  
This is a thing that you hope will long last,  
It can bring enemies together, and keep friends apart  
For many strong emotions, this is a good start.

((I found this riddle here. It was written by SwiftWolf. If you're out there and you want me to remove this, please, PM me and I will in a heart-beat.))
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #67 on: 02/17/04 at 00:20:36 »
Quote Quote

((I thought there were three doors))
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #68 on: 02/17/04 at 00:36:19 »
Quote Quote

((One after the other. What would be the point of having three doors on the same wall?))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #69 on: 02/17/04 at 01:59:36 »
Quote Quote

((Split us up? *Points to three hero ppl* W.E then. sequential it is.))
IP Logged

dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #70 on: 02/17/04 at 02:06:26 »
Quote Quote

Draco's spell wore off and he leapt for joy, and to escape some reaching talons. He turned on his heels and ran throught the gestures of a spell so rapidly one could barely see his lips move. He swung a now char black fist at a nearby beast, caving it's skull in. He swung left and right with his new spiked obsidian form, mowing down demons helplessly trying to fell the magic beast he had become.
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #71 on: 02/17/04 at 03:13:06 »
Quote Quote

The pacifist looks at the riddle for a few minutes, then he slaps himself in the head, "Of course, it is one of the many things Zanith lacks, Honour!". He then looks at the door hoping it opens, hoping his answer is correct.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: 02/17/04 at 03:32:27 »
Quote Quote

The shadow creatures continued to take the onslaught known as Draco. However, whenever Draco killed one beast, 4 more would take it's place in a never-ending flood.

At the sound of "honour," the door immediatley began to move. It's thick, stone structure made almost a moaning sound as it stepped aside, almost like it hadn't moved in millenia.

The door gave sight to a new corridor. Twas no different than the previous except that it was even lit more dimly. Once again, at the end of the corridor was a heavy, stone door. Inscribed was the next riddle, however, this time, the engravings were not as deep and glowed a tranquil, amber colour.

I am both your good friend and great foe,  
I am found nearly everywhere you go.  
My lapping tongues writhe as they rise,  
And disperse into the darkened skies.  

I spoke with the forest one eve:  
I may devour you without leave,  
But that which keeps you green,  
Is exactly that which makes me scream.

((Jonathan Livingston, if you see this riddle and want me to remove it, please, PM me and it'll be as good as gone.))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #73 on: 02/17/04 at 03:36:58 »
Quote Quote

((OOC:

I think there was some confusion about the riddles. The Arcane symbols don't change when you read them. The symbols simply glow a colour. I'm sorry for any mix-ups that those might have caused.))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #74 on: 02/17/04 at 04:03:03 »
Quote Quote

Using his power granted by the Orb Of Mist he and all The Warriors of The Mist were connected to, Silverwizard started a meeting of minds with Trekkie, Anturox (the druid who earlier spoke to Sau Ron), T'irno Pa (A former chosen of the gods who was stripped off all power, the name means nothing btw), and Narin (a cleric Silverwizard works with). They think trying to decipher this riddle but are having a harder time. The Pacifist working alone tries to figure it out.
IP Logged

LoKey
USA 

Once a Thorn, Always a Thorn

View Profile WWW

« Reply #75 on: 02/17/04 at 04:09:47 »
Quote Quote

As the scene shifts back to the throne room of the tower, anger builds within The Watcher. The glow of his eyes once more shifts from the soft blue glow, to a blazing fire. An enraged elder god now turns to face Zanith. As his voice booms, the entire tower shakes in his rage. “How dare ye make presumptions? Ye claim that I am causing blasphemy?” The room quakes and trembles as fear and awe overwhelms all within the tower.  

“As for a higher power I serve, ye are mistaken. I answer to no one or nothing but my own morals and that which I know should be. I am nae here to destroy the future, but ensure it. Everything I have done this day is to ensure things continue to progress as they should… what ye may call fate. I know who I am and what my place is. Tis nae the first time I have witnessed this event, nor will it be the last.”  

Adrian’s face tenses as his gaze pierces the cool and collected exterior of Zanith and his words are stern in warning as he speaks, “So choose your words carefully self-proclaimed…” Adrian speaks mockingly… “god of the arcane.”

“Ye only know me as a watcher, but my true nature is the Keeper of the past, present and future. I am the Guardian of Truth and Knowledge. And I am keeping the past, present and future as I ensure this event flows as ‘fate’ would deem it. Do nae think ye are my equal Zanith. I have tolerated your nonchalant attitude until now. But do nae forget, ye are merely a mortal who’s stolen power that doesn’t belong to him. I hold the title and power that is rightfully mine. I am ageless… timeless… eternal. Ye are simply immortal. As for a line that shouldn’t be crossed, ye are the one who has taken such action.”

Adrian’s demeanor once more eases. Adrian’s certain his warning has been sufficiently made and the quaking of time that has rattled the tower and it’s occupants comes to an end. “Now, as for my next action, it was prompted by ye as all of these ‘interferences’ of mine as of late have been. For every hindrance ye place, I will give them the opportunity to overcome. I am your balancing factor.”

With a mere thought, Adrian forms a small crystal within Draco’s hand as he battles far beneath them. As soon as the crystal forms, a flash of brilliant light of the divine blazes forth pushing back the shadows, blinding them without destroying them.

Adrian looks at Zanith with a smirk. “Any more comments as to my place or what I should be doing? Or shall we do what I came here for, to talk with ye as they try to run your gambit without further interferences from us, as is the way of the mortal world?” Adrian awaits Zanith’s answer…
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

~From Dylan Thomas': Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night~
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #76 on: 02/18/04 at 00:21:09 »
Quote Quote

A slight glow seeped through Draco's hand, and he began to speed up to a frantic pace. Every time he struck a demon it would crumble to dust, leaving mounds of soot to litter the throne room. His eyes emmited a blue glow as he rushed through the demon ranks, turning hordes of them to cinders, beginning to actually lessen thier numbers.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: 02/18/04 at 02:20:57 »
Quote Quote

Zanith smirked at Adrian. With a snap of his fingers, he reduced all the remaining demons into nothing more than dust. There was a bright flash in the basement of his spire then...nothing.

"You're right, Adrian. They are just mortals. There is no need to waste my army's time on them. Even if they do figure out the answers to my riddles (which I highly doubt), they will certainly not be able to decipher the runes in that book.

As for you being my 'balancing factor,' I simply laugh. Tell me, Adrian, how do you balance infinity? With infinity? Would you not agree that infinity from infinity is still...infinity?

That is what the weave is. The Alpha and the Omega. All things come from there and that is where they will, someday, end up.

...But all this talk bores me. Tell me, Adrian? Do you play chess?" he said as he blinked, keeping his eyes closed for a fraction of a moment more. Instantly, a marble chess board with crystal pieces appeared in front of his throne along with a lavish, silk chair.

Zanith opened his eyes and smiled slyly.
"Oh, and before I forget, please, no more quakes in my spire. It would be a shame if this old place came crumbling down for the debris would surely kill your 'heroes.'"

Squee still laid almost motionless in Lokey's arms. The only sign of life coming off the rat's body was his chest, expanding with every one of his shallow breaths.

Strength, of course, was beginning to regain itself in his body but one potion could not even come close to healing the wounds inflicted by Zanith in a few hours...much less an entire year.

Slowly, Squee opened his mouth once more, exposing his rotting gums and decayed teeth. His body reeked of his own fecsis and blood.

Squee could not muster the strength to string together an entire sentence so he simply let out a single word - possibly, the most meaningful word in the entire human language.
"...Wh-Why...?"
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #78 on: 02/19/04 at 03:11:11 »
Quote Quote

((OOC:

I think this riddle may have been too hard... Really think about the last stanza:

I spoke with the forest one eve:  
I may devour you without leave,  
But that which keeps you green,  
Is exactly that which makes me scream.
))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
dragon lordd
Canada 

^It's Stabbidy Time!!!^

View Profile WWW

« Reply #79 on: 02/19/04 at 03:56:24 »
Quote Quote

((I thopught it was pretty easy... But im not down there sooo.))

((COUGH COUGH FIRE COUGH))
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.