Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Prisoner in Tears (Open) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/26/24 at 16:40:29

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Prisoner in Tears (Open)  (Read 4587 times)
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« on: 02/03/04 at 13:15:41 »
Quote Quote

Squee remained huddle in his little corner. The room was pitch black and the only sound (besides his solemn quivers) was that of dripping water. The dungeon was littered with chains and blood was smeared all of the walls; the blood of an innocent. The room smelled of rotting flesh and of his own fesses.

The rat-like features on Squee's face were soon lighted up by a crack in the heavy, iron door. His whiskers twitched and he tried to curl up into a ball despite the fact that he could not run...A theory that had been time-tested.

Zanith stood easily at 6 feet tall. His elegant robe draped over his body loosely. His long white hair was neatly tied into a braid behind his head and, as he opened the door to Squee's chamber, his already dark aura began to grow even more steadily.

He looked at Squee in his cowering state and smiled. Oh, how he loved the pain of his little pet. Out of his robe pocket, Zanith pulled out a studded, leather glove. He placed it upon his right hand and smiled down at Squee. Using ancient Arcane teachings, Zanith began to levitate Squee.

Squee yelped and tried to struggle from Zanith's grasp but to no avail. A child of 6 years was no match for a sorcerer of his standards.

His attempts at escape only gave Zanith's sick and twisted mind more pleasure. Slowly, Zanith's hand was tightened into a ball and he repeatedly began to hit Squee's body. Every blow that landed gave Zanith immense pleasure - so much, in fact, that he began to laugh out loud. Soon, Squee's entire body was covered in bruises and his eyes began to glaze over. However, Zanith was far from done.

As he held out his hand, an iron club seemed to appear from the darkness. He gripped it and smiled down at the heap of flesh he called Squee. Using his club, Zanith continued with his work, breaking every single bone in Squee's body. The tiny cries of Squee fell on deaf ears, however. Nobody could hear his screams of agony atop the mighty tower Zanith had created for himself.

Zanith eventually left the room breathless. Squee's eyes were closed and his breathing was shallow. However, his heart continued to beat to a lull tune. Zanith left the dungeon chamber and smiled to himself. He snapped his finger and Squee's body was engulfed in flames in a matter of seconds. The fires flickered and illuminated the room with an eerie glow before dying down, leaving nothing but a pile of ash.

"I'll be back in an hour, dear Squee," Zanith mumbled as he shut the heavy, iron door behind him, shrouded the chamber, once again, in Squee's perpetual darkness.

Edit: OOC:

Alright, I suppose I'll start off by saying I would only like about 5 people to join. I'm flexible and will allow a little more or a little less.

The basic rules of RP'ing will apply here. If you God-Mod, be prepared to be ignored and shunned. Spamming is a big no-no. When you post, I would appreciate it if it were coherant. I don't want to see any l337 (ghetto or otherwise).

Lastly, if you're going to post, start off with a descriptive paragraph on your character(s). I don't want any bios posted. Your paragraph should be able to describe everything that should be known. Don't worry about history or background (unless you want to include it). Just basically what your character looks like...Kind of like I would see if I were to see your character for the first time.

Oh, and one last thing. I'm setting this in a medieval, feudal setting. Please don't come in swinging your light sabre or setting your phasers to stun.

Questions, suggestions or comments can be PM'ed to me. Thank you.
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

Re: Prisoner in Tears (Open)
« Reply #1 on: 02/04/04 at 01:20:39 »
Quote Quote

A wizard clad in a robe that shines silver every so often steps forward. In one hand he clutches a staff made out of all of the elements in one hand in the around his neck sits the token of Cyric which is his God. He moves slowly because of his short gnome legs. His beard is well trimmed and short, it is white as bone. He himself is a good person consumed by darkness, the Silverdragon lurks within. He looks frail and easy to take out. Behind him constantly walks a thief - a halfling - known as Trekkie Longfingers due to their ability to get into other's money pouches.Trekkie too is fully armoured and has a few knives on his person. They are ready to do battle on this twisted person.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/04/04 at 01:45:44 »
Quote Quote

Zanith walked down a long corridor. He dropped his bloodied and tainted robes and continued to walk, despite the fact that he no longer had cloths to hide himself. However, before he even finished his next step, creatures (born of pure shadows) rose up from the stone floor.

As soon as their vile fingers touched Zanith's cloth, it was set ablaze. The fires lasted for a mere moment then died down, leaving no traces of its existance.

As Zanith's heel touched down to the solid ground, he held out his arms. More of these shadow beasts appeared, however, this time from the ceiling. They quickly moved and draped Zanith's body with a new, crisper robe. The edges were trimmed with mock, golden flames that complimented the dark, blue material to a stand-still.

Even before the ball of Zanith's foot touched down as well, the robe was done up and a crown was placed above his head. Twas nothing special but it was his which made it more valuable than anything any mortal mind could conceive - or so believed Zanith.

Zanith sighed lazily as he sat down on his throne. He smiled at his loyal followers and raised his hand. However, when he dropped it, a signal of dismissle was not woven. Instead, as his fingers pointed downwards, the entire room was filled with hell-flames. The immense heat was enough to melt down even the bones of men, much less the frail structures of shadow-creatures.

Unholy cries of agony were strewn throughout the halls of Zanith's tower. However, they were soon abruptly ended. Zanith simply brushed a little imaginary dirt off his shoulder and smiled.  

Oh, how he loved the suffering of others. Oh, what joy, what rapture. Whenever those high pitched notes (reached only by those on the brink of death) filled his ears, an immeasurable amount of pleasure surged through his body. It was exstasy in its purest form. Mortal words could not even begin to describe the shadow of such a feeling; not that they would ever want to be used to tell of such a vile and putrid thing.
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/04/04 at 01:48:57 »
Quote Quote

Trekkie in the shadows witness this and then uses the mystical power he has through the power of The Warriors of the Mist's orb of pure Mist to tell Silverwizard what is going on. Silverwizard starts to invisibly sneak into the castle with a pouch load of mana crystals ready to do epic battle with this odd sadistic mage.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/04/04 at 02:03:00 »
Quote Quote

This was Zanith's castle, his keep, his home. Nothing would happen in this place without his knowledge. He raised his right index finger and tapped into the magical energies that were so curiously eyeing his dwelling.

With a smirk, he closed his hand into a fist, blocking the flow of energy between the two entities. He allowed the magic to build up and only released it back when he knew the magical whiplash would cause an immense strain on the mortal counter-part of this peeping duo.

Such was only a mere glimpse of his truly awesome power. Not only had he mastered ancient Arcanes throughout all of time several planes but he had found ways to improve them and enhance their destructive capabilities.

Zanith did not care of the kind of disruption this would cause in the Magical Weave; not to say he didn't know. Perhaps his mind had become so warped and consumed by his lust for power and rule that he began to forget some of the most important aspects of the universe.
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 02/04/04 at 02:08:50 »
Quote Quote

The power that created this world turns out to be greater than this mortal mage whom is trying to distrupt it creating a backlash that blasts around but not onto both the mage and the theif. Trekkie who is no longer hidden squeaks in terror and begins to run as Silverwizard walks into the throne room. Trekkie then stops suddenly and stands next to the diminuative gnome who yell "Meet your match vile dark mage." As he says this the Silverdragon rises and he starts to fly into a rage and starts to pull kinetic power out of the room and it builds in his staff.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/04/04 at 02:13:48 »
Quote Quote

Zanith just yawned and stared at the pair with lazy eyes.

"What do you plan to do? Use your parlour tricks on me? Perhaps you'll juggle a few daggers, half-man? Yes, that would please me very much," he said as he stood up.

"Come now, mage. Do you honestly plan to use my own powers against me? You can not begin to even imagine what kind of power you are dealing with..." Zanith said harshly as he narrowed his eyes.

"Before I lose interest, tell me, 'Oh, gallant warriors,' what exactly do you hope to acheive here...other than early graves?"
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/04/04 at 02:19:12 »
Quote Quote

"I come for an early grave... FOR YOU!" Silverwizard says calmly then loudly. He starts to throw blasts of pure magic at Zanith.

"HALFLING not Half-Man, half-men are cripples halflings are the great of the thieves," Trekkie says angrily as he holds up Zanith's spell components pouch that he had stolen earlier.
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/04/04 at 02:27:02 »
Quote Quote

Zanith plopped himself down on his throne and sighed.

"I thought you would entertain me for a least a while..." he mumbled. With a wave of his hand, the magical blasts disappated. Another wave of his hand and the pouch Trekkie held became a rather large serpent.

"Now, before I destroy you, tell me, what are your names? It would be terrible if I had to give you blank tombstones."
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 02/04/04 at 02:41:51 »
Quote Quote

"I am the Silverdragon," Silverwizard says harshly in an otherworldly voice, "the lord of all magic in all worlds, this title was given by Eldren the Ultimate Titan. I will destroy your mortal form. What is your name I would like to know what put on your tomb stone.

Trekkie looking at Silver after cutting off the head of the serpent with his prized knife made out of crystal. He does not get too close to Silver after that. "I am Trekkie known as Longfingers my life is now focused on your destruction. I grew up with the Scarlet Daggers and know ruthlessness as well as you do and therefore am willing to take you out for I know what your capable of."
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/04/04 at 02:57:31 »
Quote Quote

"How very gallant. Gallant, indeed..." Zanith said as he once again rose to his feet.

"However, you cannot begin to imagine the knowledge and power I hold in myself. As for my name, you are not worthy to hear it...

For I am thy God. You should bow down before Me and worship the very ground I walk on.

For My kingdom will come and My will be done!" he said quickly and harshly as he approached both adventurers.

He simply looked at them with his eyes. Their bodies began to feel heavy as if something were weighing them down. Perhaps, it was Zanith's immense magical aura that radiated from the room...or perhaps, it was something more terrifying...Perhaps it was the evil the quelled in his heart.

"You will both die by my hands, mark my words...but for now, you shall live...
You see, I grow weary of such trivial things. I can disimate country after country with just a flick of my wrist but it hardly excites me like it used to. You, my dear friends, will now be my entertainment. I trust you will not fail in sparking my interest."

Zanith smiled and turned away. He rose his right hand and immediately, the duo found themselves in a nearby village. Zanith's Keep was plainly in view and casted an eerie shadow on the town but the villagers continued with their lives just as if nothing were out of the ordinary.

The village itself was nothing new. Twas a small dwelling with the expected shops - a blacksmith, a tailor, a carpenter.

Satisfied with himself, Zanith sat back down on his throne and pulled a looking glass from his left sleeve. He peered into it and focused on finding the two. After seeing the duo had safetly arrived (confused but safe) he sighed and called aloud.

"Squee?" he said in a sing-song voice.
"Come in, it's time to play."

((I'm sorry about god-modding you there but...err...yeah, 2 people are not going to take down Zanith - no offence to your characters, I'm sure they're both very skilled in combat.))
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 02/04/04 at 03:04:48 »
Quote Quote

Silverwizard opens a gate through the mirror back into Zanith's keep and chucks a few fireballs through then quickly closes the gate and starts looking for other nobel adventurers within the city. "Our world is under attack by a sadist I will not stand that and neither should any other beings of true goodness or even hope to protect themselves. Where is Draco Honoris at a time like this? I need my allies, the Midnight Thorns, is anyone there to destroy this vile creature not deserving of the title human?"
IP Logged

Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/04/04 at 03:11:52 »
Quote Quote

Zanith sighed as the fireballs hit him. They touched the skin of his face but he did not so much as flinch. The fire was simple absorbed into Zanith's body, not leaving so much as singed hairs.

Lazily, he waved a hand over his looking-glass, placing a simple trap over it. The trap was simple yet the concequences were dire.

Squee quietly sauntered in, huddling to himself. His body was thin and the only way you could tell that he was once human was the way he stood upright.

Zanith snapped his fingers and immediately, everyone of Squee's fingers hyper-extended, letting small splatters of blood escape. Immediately, Squee fell to the floor, crying in agony.

Zanith just smiled and approached Squee with an evil glint in his eyes.
"Having fun, yet?"
IP Logged

Affinity's End
Rosemary
Australia 

Rا€MÅR¥

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 02/04/04 at 10:17:40 »
Quote Quote

A tall dark man stood before two robed men, he was almost black as a blacksmith after a hard day at work and his eyes looked like steel yet his features showed both calmness and sincerity in them. His cheeks were hollow and he had a long narrow chin, he wore armour befit for a king, yet, he was somwhat otherwordly.

He spoke "You two shall do well, you passed all three of my tests." his voice was deep and almost a baritone but it was like a choir singing in harmony at the same time. "You shall go on the journey if u still believe your cause is just. I already have two of my minions fighting against him, i dont feel that you two would make much of a difference fighting this dark magician, but we shall see......" he let the rest of the sentence trail off.

The two robed figures went to one knee on the ground and hissed something close to the common language known by all but with slurs on most words and breaking of voices, they appeared to be wearing nothing but the robes on their backs.

The tall dark man sat down on a large chair made of gold with silver trailings and exquisite wood carvings imbedded into it.

"Begone with you's!" the man shouted.

Suddenly the air turned blue and there was a high pitched tearing sound yet it did not effect the two figures in robes, the marble that was once under them turned to dirt and grass, the stone walls turned to trees and bushes.

"You know what to do, so do it so i can have this matter resolved soon!" said a voice that sounded as if it was coming from somewere next to the two men.

One of the robed figures hand protruded from his robe to point to a path near were they were, his hand was unusually slender and looked scaly but as quick as lightning, they were up the trees and surveying the surounding countryside from best possible place.

this isn't part of the RP'ing, just thought to tell u, this is actually the first time i've done something like this, i've read how you two started things off and all. just wanted to know if this was satisfactory to the start of my part of this RP

sry, 2nd time i modified, fixing errors, also, seeing as i am on at different times i will probably write longer ones than this to catch up a bit
IP Logged
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/04/04 at 18:29:08 »
Quote Quote

(ooc: what were you saying there? If that post was part of the acctually main RP then I do not get it since Trekkie is not robed but wears ironweed also what tests etc are ya talkign about? If it is not then why is it here because you can just jump into this unless there are alot of people.)
IP Logged

LoKey
USA 

Once a Thorn, Always a Thorn

View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 02/04/04 at 19:38:49 »
Quote Quote

A silent and unseen figure slips through the streets of Blackthorn, making his way toward Thorn Manor. The short and nimble figure passes the door guards undetected and makes his way to the meeting hall where the Guildmaster spends most of his time tending to the business of the guild.

A light flickers in the breeze upon the desk where the figure of a human sits, writting upon a piece of parchment.  A slight tilt of the mans head reveals that he's aware of a distrubance in the air as if someone had entered. A small figure steps out of a shadow and immediately bows slightly to the man at the desk. "I bring news of trouble my lord," is spoken with the small voice of this gnome, in just above a whisper.

The human stand and steps into full view. The man stands at 5 foot 10 with piercing hazel eyes. His long, auburn hair blows slightly in the breeze entering from the hallway door which has been left open. Guarbed in what seems to be a black, silk tunic, the figure returns a dagger into it's sheith that was secretly drawn in defense upon the entry of the unannounced Gnome. His every motion is smooth and calculated, his voice is soft, yet stern. "What news do ye bring Kern?"  The Guildmaster of the Midnight Thorns' fixes his eyes on the gnome to determine the validity of this new threat.

The gnome speaks softly. "Lord La'Mace, one of our allies has faced a mage of incredible power. He seems to prey on the sufferings of others and holds power, dark power. Silverwizard has made a request for aid and seeks our assistence."

Lokey La'Mace responds to the gnome with a slightly nod. "Then he shall have it. Summon my advisor.  I need to speak with Sau_Ron concerning the best way to deal with this." The gnome nods and then is gone as soon as a shadow is reached.

Lokey stands in silence as he turns his gaze out the window of the meeting hall in silent thought.  His fingers softly stroke his goatee, as thoughts of how to gather information on this new threat are tossed around within his head.
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

~From Dylan Thomas': Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night~
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/04/04 at 20:08:18 »
Quote Quote

"Ahh the Thorns are here. A sence of security has found me, the Honourable LoKey La'Mace is coming finally true power is here. This creature who calls himself a god will be destroyed." Silverwizard says in exultation. He slowly moves back toward Zanith's keep - but not too close - while signalinng Trekkie to do the same. He then sits down and waits for LoKey while mumbling and writing on a scroll of what appears to be a modified form of Devestate.
IP Logged

LoKey
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 02/04/04 at 20:09:17 »
Quote Quote

Some time passes as Lokey contemplates the situation. Lokey is accustomed to such long pauses as he knows that his advisior, Sau_Ron, will look into the matter before discussing it with the Guildmaster. Lokey takes the time to scan through maps to locate this mages tower.

Lokey turns around to face the elf who steps into the Meeting Hall of Thorn Manor.  A Silver staff clinks against the floor softly in time with his steps as the robed figure moves towards his Guildmaster.  Lokey addresses him, "Tell me what ye have learned my friend. Is this threat real? Or is this another simpleton who is less than his claim. For if Silverwizard has claimed him a threat, I'm inclined to believe him."

Slinder elven fingers remove the hood of the silver robes, revealing Sau_Ron's delicate face that seems untouched by time, making him appear young and inexperienced. Only the wisdom that echos in the depths of his eyes reveals the true age of this elf who's watched centuries come and go. "The threat is real my lord, Silverwizard has not exagerated and has not even begun to realize the full threat. Nae much is known about this mage. What is certain is that his power is immense and he should nae be underestimated. I have studied the arts of the arcane for many ages now, and I have rarely seen one of his power emerge. Information is our best weapon for now my lord. We must learn all that we can and we must find a weakness. His evil and power must be blotted out of this world. But a word of caution my lord. From the rumors being spread by Silverwizard's companion, that this mage controls the shadow realm, may reveal him to have traversed beyond the limits of mortality. He may have entered the ranks of the undead, or found another source of power, but one thing is certain. He is nae an ordinary mortal. Tread carefully my lord."

Lokey nods slightly as he turns back to his map. "Have ye located his resisdence? And how would ye suggest I proceed?" Sau_Ron answers, "I have my lord, it's here." Sau_Ron points to the map and then pulls something out of his cloak.  "I believe that a meeting with him would be wise, see what ye can learn from his castle and from an encounter with him. Keep to the shadows. This ring should assist. It will keep him from magically discerning your location. Your skills at stealth should more than do the rest. Talk with him if ye can. Find out his desires, his plans. Without knowing those, we may nae be able to stop him. But do nae let him see ye, he may be able to kill ye quickly if he does. I know ye are skilled my lord and not many can withstand an onslaught of your wrath, but this is no ordinary foe. You will need assistance to deal with him, and he will more than likely need to be slain."

Lokey takes the ring and places it on his finger and then moves toward Sau_Ron. As if instinctively, Sau_Ron knows Lokey's desire.  Sau_Ron's eyes roll back into his head slightly as he begins to chant in an arcane tongue, moving his hands in a circular pattern. Sparks of magical energies rip open a portal.  Lokey steps through and now stands outside the mage's lair. Moving quickly to a shadow, Lokey finds his way into the tower. Moving with the stealth that only the greatest of thieves can ever hope to attain, Lokey makes his way into the chambers of this mage just in time to see him torture the "pet Squee." Knowing that his location can not be discerned by the mage, Lokey speaks so that his voice echos throughout the room and cannot be pinpointed, moving after every vocalization to allow conversation without allowing the mage to initiate a fight.

"So, ye enjoy the torment of others?" Lokey's quick and agile movements launches him to another place of hidding and safety. "Are you the one I've been told of?"  Again the thief moves, keeping the mage off his trail as he takes time to look over this mage carefully and await his answer...
IP Logged

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/04/04 at 20:23:32 »
Quote Quote

At the Thorns keep a druid is standing at the door he hails the guard naming himself Anturox and asking the council of Sau_Ron on how he found this information about the undead and where his power might be. Also if this information calls him lich.

Back at the town a person slips in wearing simple breaches and a leather vest around his neck is a token that marks him as a cleric of Cyric. "I am the Weaponless Pacifist who has pladged my service to Silverwizard I will aid you in this especially if the Undead are involved." he says simply.
IP Logged

LoKey
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: 02/04/04 at 20:30:00 »
Quote Quote

At the request of this druid, Sau_Ron emerges from Thorn Manor and nods.  "So ye wonder where I gathered my information concerning this mage? It is speculation. I do nae know if he truly has fallen into the hellish ranks of the undead or nae, but his power of the darkness and over the shadow realm that was reported by the halfling called Trekkie Longfingers, reveals that this mage may possibly be a member of the undead. But that is nae a certainty. All that is known is he possesses power beyond that of ordinary mortals. As for how ye learned of my conversation with Lord La'Mace, that is beyond me. Please do share how such knowledge was spread. But hurry to do so, for I must return to my post and be ready to aid my Guildmaster at a moments notice."  Sau_Ron waits impatiently as he prepares to return to Thorn Manor and be ready to assist if need be.

Meanwhile, back in the tower, Lokey continues to shift his position as he converses with the mage to learn what he can so that he can share this information with those who are preparing to fight this abonination.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.