Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Shadows of the Mist »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 12:32:48

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Roleplay Forum
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Shadows of the Mist
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shadows of the Mist  (Read 1072 times)
Endless Sorrow

Page/Memo Sumner ingame.

View Profile

Shadows of the Mist
« on: 12/12/02 at 04:09:17 »
Quote Quote

Running...panting...running...from? A flaming arrow whizzes through the air...A sound of blade hitting flesh...a thud...blood everywhere......

Nelo Angelo wakes up suddenly, sitting straight up in his bed, panting, sweating....

Our story unravels with the nightmare of our hero.  

Nelo walks around in the dewy grass, hands behind his head. "If only life were as simple as I wished...though, my duties are not to be neglected..." he thought as he sat down by an apple tree. Nelo reminisces the days when he still had his fiance'...when everyday passed without a worry...when life was as simple as the apple he held in his hand...

But...ever since the death of his fiance', Nelo had risen quickly through the ranks of his clan's army, now becoming General, he has more duties and responsibilities than ever...Having killed the oni that murdered his soon-to-be wife, Nelo wanted out of the army, out of the bloodshed, though, the daimyo kept a binding leash on his neck, not ever to let go of...

Now, with the war of the clans, the daimyo of his clan expects more out of him then ever! Nelo, luckily, lived far away from all that...While contemplating those thoughts, a war cried echoed from a hill south of his current position and a rain of arrows flew over the hill's horizon.  

Nelo quickly jumped up and sidestepped around the tree..."Crab armies...!!!" he thought as he looked carefully to the side of the tree and saw the Crab mon being strewn above a hail of armored heads.

He then ran out and toward his cottage. Nelo dodged many a arrows, never one even skimming his war-hardened skin. Nelo, with reflexes of a cat, grabbed an arrow and tossed it back into the fray, hearing a gurgle of death.

Nelo then jumped through his cottage window frame (luckily he had no window) and rolled over, hearing more arrows pierce his cottage walls. Nelo smiled inwardly, though his expression grim, "those scorpion mages casted good spells to protect my home..."

Nelo then threw on his armor and grabbed a bow and slung it over his shoulder and grabbed his Blade of Honor, Yashin. Nelo then kicked sliced an 'X' in the back of his cottage and kicked open and landed outside, waiting.

He waited to hear the army destroy his home. He heard thundering footsteps, atleast 20 foot soldiers. Nelo then sheathed Yashin and drew his bow and nocked an arrow into it. Then, Nelo spun around the corner and aimed at a soldier wielding a pike on a steed.  

Nelo waited a bit more and then fired, aiming, not for the pike-man, but his stallion. Nelo's arrow struck true and pierced the steed's pearly black orb-like eye. The horse jumped up on its hind legs, neighed, and toppled over, crushing 2 other footmen and the left leg of their rider.  

Nelo then threw his bow on the ground and unsheathed Yashin and uttered a war cry and charged out. The foot soldiers, taken by surprise, began to draw their swords. Too late.

Nelo already felled two of them...
« Last Edit: 06/25/03 at 00:23:47 by Endless Sorrow » IP Logged

Îñ tµ€ êÑÐ, G®éëð w ®û£È, ¤ü® (v)ÏÑd§ sµª££ ®º¯|¯, ÅñÐ DéMØñ$ wïL£ ®Üñ ƒrR€€ Âs thËÿ håÐ Ã (v)îLL€ñÏå åG¤ -- DemonSoul
Endless Sorrow

Page/Memo Sumner ingame.

View Profile

Quest for the Justice Blade
« Reply #1 on: 12/13/02 at 05:57:34 »
Quote Quote

Last when we left off, Nelo, our hero, was ambushed by a small unit of Crab Bushi, he quickly analyzed the situation and counterattacked, though...his enemies might be wearing a "mask"...  
------------------------------------------------------------  
OOC- I just wanted you all to know, this is not set in modern day Nightmist, this is set in a japan like area of the world. I will have a small glossary of the jap. words I use at the end of each post.  

Nelo then spun around in time to block the overhead swing of a mighty axe. Keeping infront of his enemies so to allow room for escape, Nelo continued the battle. Nelo flung his blade upwards, forcing the axe-man staggering. Nelo then sliced open the axe-man's belly, spilling his guts.  

Two more bushi charged him, brandishing katanas as they ran. Nelo reached into the folds of his kimono and drew two shurikens and threw them in a wrist flick motion and turned away as he heard the slice of flesh and heard them fall. Nelo did his kata, the "Dance of Death" he soundly called it.  

Easily disposing the unit, where his sword flashed, bodies fell. Minutes and there were only 4 more bushi, 1 was on a horse, and 1 was the taisa, captain, of the unit. Nelo's katana flashed, a head lopped off the shoulder's of a soldier in a rain of thick red blood. Nelo swung his katana in a swift, wide arc movement, soundlessly chopping the last remaining ashigaru in half and opening a wound in the one last horse's chest.  

It fell over, the rider leaping off in time. The voices of his ancestors, whispering instructions to him. He ignored them, like he usually did, though one of them managed to etch a good plan in his mind. Nelo jumped up and spun around and around, his sword parallell to his chin and nearly missed the two soldiers.  

"Perfect..." Nelo thought as he landed and spun around, his sword swinging as he spun, knowing he would see another spray of blood soon. The aim was aimed at the neck of the taisa. The Taisa panicked and grabbed his soldier and tossed him infront of himself, in self "defense".

Nelo's katana, Yashin, sliced open the ashigaru's chest and he fell. The captain then drew his katana, dropping his sacrificed soldier and charged. Nelo easily blocked the first thrust and stabbed, sliding his blade deep into the Taisa's left rib cage, though it was not fatal.  

The Taisa staggered but charged once more, this time doing an overhead swing. Nelo, again, parried and spun to the right side and counter-sliced and opened a gash in the right rib cage. Nelo smirked and held out his hand in a motion that said, "Come on..."

The Taisa, now going maniacal with rage and panic, bellowed a long war-cry, more like a scream. Nelo jumped forward and kicked rapidly, hitting the chest of the Taisa, pushing him slowly backwards, then the Taisa brought his sword up, catching the soles of Nelo's sandals in his pommel.  

Nelo jumped straight up as the Taisa tried to rocket him off by thrusting his sword forward. Nelo placed himself vertically and came down, slicing with all his might. He watched as the surprised Taisa looked up, looking into the flashing blade of his death.  

Nelo's blade came down, and so did he, his power forced his katana to slice the Taisa's body all the way in half. The body stood transfixed as Nelo still knelt, sword dripping blood as he landed cat-like. Then, the Taisa's body shifted in two different places, and the body slowly fell apart, blood leaking like a dam that was blasted by a tank.

Nelo knelt for a while, his sword sinking into the great big pool of blood. Nelo stood, statued to the spot, listening to nothing but the wind howling in the mire of the south. Then, finally, Nelo got up and cleaned his blade in the traditional shiburi flick.

Then, with no warning, ropes rose up out of the air infront of himself and intertwined themselves around him. Nelo found himself tied and saw two figures up ahead in the fog. He knew it was a shugenja. Then he knew the other was an archer as a flaming arrow passed by him.

Nelo ripped himself free, using brute strength and ran forward. He spun his sword, deflecting the flaming arrows and saw the shugenja and archer through the thinning fog. Nelo drove his sword into the sternum of the archer and thought, "This is my dream..."

Nelo raised his sword, about to slay the shugenja, but realized it was Toku, a long time friend of his. Toku was about 16, not yet a man, but an excellent shugenja, skilled with a blade. He was tall, lean and in shape. His hair was shaved traditionally and he wore a black cloth covering his head and a common farmer's hat woven out of simple tree bark.  

Nelo was very surprised, not at Toku's trying to capture him and let him get killed attitude, because any other clan daimyo could convert a person from a different clan into theirs. No, it was what Toku was wearing. Toku wore, not a different clan's colors and mon. No, it was his clan's colors and mon...What did this mean...?
Glossary

Ashigaru- Foot Soldier
Bushi- Samurai
Taisa- Captain of a small unit of Bushi
IP Logged

Îñ tµ€ êÑÐ, G®éëð w ®û£È, ¤ü® (v)ÏÑd§ sµª££ ®º¯|¯, ÅñÐ DéMØñ$ wïL£ ®Üñ ƒrR€€ Âs thËÿ håÐ Ã (v)îLL€ñÏå åG¤ -- DemonSoul
Endless Sorrow

Page/Memo Sumner ingame.

View Profile

Re: Quest for the Justice Blade
« Reply #2 on: 12/26/02 at 09:43:17 »
Quote Quote

Sorry everyone, for the delay, I've been slacking off for a while now.  

A One Man War...

"Toku-san!" Nelo said fiercely as the scorpion mage/shugenja cowered under Nelo's fury. "What is the meaning of thisHuh! This is treason to attack a commanding generals home, especially with him in it! Speak!"

Toku stood up straight and looked at Nelo, "You won't believe me Nelo-sama, but I live under the code of bushido, I won't lie, and I will tell the truth to my lord..." Toku steeled himself and looked up into Nelo's eyes and said, "Our Daimyo, the Master of Secrets himself, ordered for you to be murdered."

Nelo stood transfixed, the color draining from his face as his shocked complexion took in the sudden information. Nelo knew Toku wasn't lying, Toku swore under the code of bushido since he was a child, but the knowledge of why they attacked him was like a hammer to his head. Nelo then seemed to come back to reality with a slam because he looked serious once more and said, "Alright, thank for your information Toku-san, I must leave for Kyuden-Bakita now."

Nelo then sheathed his Blade of Honor and went back to his home and foraged for anything of use. After 10 minutes of searching, Nelo found a pack he used to hold an unlit torch, some provisions, a tanto, a wooden bottle of water, and his bow. Nelo saw that Toku was still standing by the tree.

Nelo walked towards him and Toku said something first, "I would like to come with you and justify this treachery our daimyo asked us to do, even if it means destroying my honor and being cast out as mere ronin." "Alright, though what I'm about to do will be dangerous, but with your help, though, I'm sure this will be much easier," Nelo said with a quick grin to the young man.

Toku jumped up into his horse's saddle and strode alongside Nelo as he walked quietly into the mist. For the longest time, they journeyed quietly into the land of the Mantis, a lesser clan that dwelled in the caves of Shiro no Yojin in the mountains. Then Nelo stopped abruptly and held out his hand to stop the young mage.  

Nelo heard laughing, fire crackling and footsteps up ahead, they must've strode into a unit of Scorpion. That means that they were close to the home of Nelo. Nelo whispered to Toku, "Ok, first battle, you take the left flank, which is about 4 men, I'll take the right."  

Nelo then stiffened and waited for the right moment... "NOW!" Nelo whispered urgently and Toku got up, hands already crackling with lightning as his eyes lit up with fire and he screamed an incantation and bolts of blue fire shot at the unit.

Nelo tossed his sword spinning through the guts of a soldier. Nelo was on them before they knew what was happening...
TBC...
IP Logged

Endless Sorrow

Page/Memo Sumner ingame.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/23/03 at 19:52:12 »
Quote Quote

-OOC- Sorry everyone, I was thinking of giving up, but I read it over, and even I was interested in knowing what would happen next!

Nelo ran like a wild man, swinging his blade over his head and then brought it down and swung upwards, slicing a surprised man's head in two. The others sprang upwards, ready to die fighting. Nelo, out of the corner of his eye, saw 3 men get hit by lightning, and smirked.  

"I give you this chance to surrender! Or suffer the same fate as your friend!" "NEVER!" The samurai yelled and charged forward. Nelo danced like a cat, parrying, dodging and lodging his sword into bodies. Quickly disposing of the unit, Nelo turned and saw Toku had done well.

Then a blast on a horn told them reinforcements were coming. Nelo saw one elite guard, one he recognized as Junnosuke, a friend he had back in the days when they started training as little children. He also saw a shugenja, not just any, but the most powerful shugenja in the Scorpion Clan, Fu Leng. Possibly one of the most (if not, THE most) powerful shugenjas this land has ever seen. Not much is known about him...

Nelo saw Fu Leng slowly floating alongside the running Junnosuke, and slowly crouched into a tiger stance, holding his blade horizontal to the ground. Toku's finger tips crackled with power as his eyes, ablazed with fury, watched Fu Leng land on the ground.  

Junnosuke, standing across from Nelo, was eyeing him. Fu Leng, right across from Toku, slowly raised his arms, and then thrust them forward screaming as Toku yelled and raised his arms also, both of the shugenjas, sending forth a humongous blast of energy.  

Nelo ran forward, blade behind his shoulder as Junnosuke bellowed and charged at Nelo. The two sides clashed at same times. Nelo swung around and sliced down, but Junnosuke, being an equal rival, parried. Junnosuke stabbed at his side but Nelo spun away. Nelo smirked, Junnosuke smirked. Nelo ran forward and brought his blade up from ground in an upwards swing, but Junnosuke blocked and batted  his blade away. Nelo kicked Junnosuke's blade away also.

Both of them grinned quickly and began hand to hand combat, testing the real skills of a samurai. Nelo spun around, and kicked. Junnosuke blocked and chopped at his head. Nelo leaned backwards, caught his arm. Junnosuke reached down with his other hand and attempted to sweep Nelo off his unguarded feet. Nelo jumped up and spun around Junnosuke's arm and kicked him across the face while in mid-air.

Junnosuke spun off his feet. Nelo watched as Junnosuke spun and smashed into the ground, dirt all over. Junnosuke grinned once more and sweeped kicked Nelo, but again, Nelo jumped up. Junnosuke got up and punched at his nose. Nelo spun his head around, dodging and they began rapidly punching and blocking each other. Nelo grabbed his fist as he came in for another punch and kicked him 4 times in the face and then tossed him into a nearby tree.

Junnosuke threw a shuriken at him from out of the trees, catching him by surprise. But years of training prepared him, he did a backflip and landed, dodging the shuriken. But years of training didn't prepare him for someone as fast as his rival. Junnosuke appeared infront of him and punched him in his gut.

Nelo flew backwards, landing 15 ft. away from Junnosuke. Nelo spat blood as Junnosuke came into finish the job. Nelo felt in his clothes and found his Wakizashi and unsheathed it quickly from his obi and stabbed it into Junnosuke's knee. Nelo watched blood spurt and Junnosuke crying out. Nelo got up and jumped, spun, and kicked Junnosuke's face with his left foot. Junnosuke stopped screaming in agony as his head spun around far to the right. Nelo landed, heard the crack and watched as Junnosuke's body crumpled to the ground, dead. Nelo retrieved his Wakizashi and blade, flicked them in the shiburi movement and turned.

Nelo turned to see a flaming ball of fire hit him in the chest, sending him into the fields. It came from Fu Leng. Toku lay unconcious, bruised and burned near the forest. Nelo slowly got up, balancing on his katana. Fu Leng laughed maniacally, and slowly raised his hands for a dangerous spell. Nelo yelled and charged straight at him.

Fu Leng mumbled an enchanted curse and ghosts and ghouls cackled out his hands and then, a blast of energy so dark, it engulfed the sky. It was a humongous force of dark energy, Nelo didn't care though, he must stop this evil...but how?....
-----------------------------------------------------------
TBC...
IP Logged

Blast

Email

« Reply #4 on: 04/26/03 at 12:05:43 »
Quote Quote

.....wow...... so much text!!
IP Logged
Demonic
Germany 

Førgøttëñ Añc|ëñt

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/09/03 at 22:00:36 »
Quote Quote

someone plz join in with him - hes done so much work and is the only one posting...
IP Logged

Tevlok ingame
Blast

Email

« Reply #6 on: 05/12/03 at 17:54:59 »
Quote Quote

i would its really cool storry but i cant roleplay and prolly would mess it up...
IP Logged
Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 06/14/03 at 01:00:34 »
Quote Quote

(o.c.c) Can I join?
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
Endless Sorrow

Page/Memo Sumner ingame.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 06/25/03 at 00:22:28 »
Quote Quote

Sorry everyone, I'm very sorry I haven't been on for...5 months? I don't know, heheh, I just got my password back today (6/24/03) thanks to JLH! Smiley Well, I've been reading the stuff you guys post, and I'm overwhelmed by your likeness to my story, heheh, well, my story is sort of a thing by myself, I'm just writing 'cause I've nothing to do, and it interests me. Lol, well, I'm not refusing help, but I'd like to continue this by myself.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'm changing the name, since it's been long since my Paladin had a Justice Blade, lol.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.