Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - dexterity spells?? a waste??? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/20/24 at 07:52:41

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Paladin Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   dexterity spells?? a waste???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: dexterity spells?? a waste???  (Read 1319 times)
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

dexterity spells?? a waste???
« on: 04/01/03 at 00:02:04 »
Quote Quote

ok anyway i have nopticed this since beginning of game when i had bahashabeem a pally whats up with the spells of holy speed and divineHuh?? the dex modifiers don't do crap tell me why a guy can hit you 95% of the time at 27 dex come now thats just plain crazy and the person you may be fighting will even hit you harder can someone tell me if they have the same problem or that its just my imaginationHuh?? ty for listening
IP Logged

I'm a happy go lucky guy.......Till ya piss me off!Crits ~~ Bahashabeem ~~ Krazyjoker ~~ Kobiyashi ~~Ragnorak
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

Re: dexterity spells?? a waste???
« Reply #1 on: 04/01/03 at 05:02:05 »
Quote Quote

Same problem, Holy Speed is an entire waste of paladins mana.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #2 on: 04/01/03 at 06:58:46 »
Quote Quote

i dunno if its so.. but my pally hits for same max dmg with divine prayer like without it
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 04/01/03 at 12:33:44 »
Quote Quote

i hardly ever use paladins (sold my arch pally cuz of that) but i know rich likes pallies and everytime he won a fight with that pally he was like "27 dex rocks" so my guess is he thinkgs it works Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 04/01/03 at 13:14:06 »
Quote Quote

The only time I use dex spells is in PvP or in moshes. But otherwise it's a waste.
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
Pile

Email

« Reply #5 on: 04/01/03 at 18:02:23 »
Quote Quote

As far as I can tell you tend to be hit for slightly less, but yeah I have always been amazed at how much you can get hit even with massive dex increases. A dwarf fighter with 17 dex was pretty close to rounding me yesterday and I had 9 more! When the old druid morph was in place I was able to increase dexterity upto 29, and standard fighters still never missed me lol. The dex increases can be a problem to thieves, but that’s about it in my experience.
IP Logged
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 04/02/03 at 00:56:20 »
Quote Quote

i see it everywhere even if lvl are not matched up right like a higher lvl pally and a lower lvl fighter...... the pally gets wasted w/o the fighter even having to rely on pots its sad i think staff shopuld look it over and make the extra dex count a lil more come on now i think it sucks Smiley pallies have lost grasp and now have become a weaker class they need something and that is help alot of it Smiley ty for listening again
IP Logged

I'm a happy go lucky guy.......Till ya piss me off!Crits ~~ Bahashabeem ~~ Krazyjoker ~~ Kobiyashi ~~Ragnorak
Defiant

Email

« Reply #7 on: 04/03/03 at 08:15:07 »
Quote Quote

You guys obviously have -no- idea how to use paladins..My paladin can get 28 dexterity, i can hang in for a long time against two people, and even kill one if i get in to the roll.
IP Logged
Mammon
USA 

Yup...

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 04/03/03 at 19:25:01 »
Quote Quote

Dexterity spells DO work on a paladin one with 27-28 dex can do decent against other players, but for 27-28 dex they do miss too much and are hit too often, that I will agree on, with that much dex they should almost never miss and be very difficult to hit.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 04/03/03 at 19:49:03 »
Quote Quote

well they get roughly 1/3rd extra dex so that would mean they would hit 1 1/3 times more often and get hit 1 1/3 less so when you normally miss 3 hits you should now hit 1 out of those 3.

(sorry if that doesn't make sense i'm really tired and too lazy to write that in a better way Cheesy)
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 04/03/03 at 22:58:41 »
Quote Quote

We understand how it should be, but it's not.  Anyone with a pally over lvl 25 can, and will, agree with me that the dex spells don't do what they should.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 04/04/03 at 11:48:00 »
Quote Quote

on 04/03/03 at 22:58:41, Sanctuared wrote:
We understand how it should be, but it's not.  Anyone with a pally over lvl 25 can, and will, agree with me that the dex spells don't do what they should.

read what rich said Cheesy he loves pallys and he did good with a pally in a mosh against two ppl (read his post somewhere on this forum lol) so pallys can be good Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Defiant

Email

« Reply #12 on: 04/04/03 at 23:09:04 »
Quote Quote

Paladins are Fine.
IP Logged
Blast

Email

« Reply #13 on: 04/05/03 at 15:42:47 »
Quote Quote

just a lil new weapon Smiley
IP Logged
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 04/05/03 at 20:23:59 »
Quote Quote

well i am still elanign towards spells suck you get hit way more n miss alot more then i would think 27 or 28 dex should that is p v p not fighting monsters you kick there arses but thats not all the game has is training what about p v p i still think at 27-28 dex that a fighter with 18 dex should hit 2 outta 6 or slightly lower not a perfect or 5/6 its insane 10 dex difference Sad
IP Logged

Defiant

Email

« Reply #15 on: 04/06/03 at 06:36:44 »
Quote Quote

on 04/05/03 at 15:42:47, Blast wrote:
just a lil new weapon Smiley

No

on 04/05/03 at 20:23:59, Bahashabeem wrote:
well i am still elanign towards spells suck you get hit way more n miss alot more then i would think 27 or 28 dex should that is p v p not fighting monsters you kick there arses but thats not all the game has is training what about p v p i still think at 27-28 dex that a fighter with 18 dex should hit 2 outta 6 or slightly lower not a perfect or 5/6 its insane 10 dex difference Sad

Spells are fine. I use Paladins a lot, i shold know, they are perfect.
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 04/06/03 at 06:44:34 »
Quote Quote

Obviously your using some super paladin.  Mine is 4 stat and dex spells don't do anything for it.  Check again, you'll see where I'm coming from.
IP Logged
Defiant

Email

« Reply #17 on: 04/06/03 at 06:52:13 »
Quote Quote

Necros

18 18 21 17 18 16
273 hp  
Level 30
319 mp

I know what im talking about, my paladin with 26 dex does as much as yours with 28 dex. Paladins are fine, leave them be.
IP Logged
Odin
Australia 

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 04/06/03 at 14:08:56 »
Quote Quote

Personally i think every point should count, whether that be str or dex. The only stat which seems to be of importance is constitution, as 1 point difference can mean a lot. With spells such as Enhance and Holy Speed increasing str/dex stats by around 5-8 points, you have to wonder if 18 str/dex is the same as 21 str/dex, as there isn't much of a noticeable difference.

My personal opinion is that these spells should be reduced so they only increase stats by 1-3 points at most, this way ever single point counts. This would also increase the value of stat modifying equipment, and they would actually be of some value, other than making you look pretty.
IP Logged

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #19 on: 04/08/03 at 03:56:46 »
Quote Quote

i recently won a mosh with my lvl 25 pally. i holy speed worked fine, somethimes it is a little rediculous how much they hit me when i have 26 dex
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.