Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Aid »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/20/24 at 06:36:18

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Paladin Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Aid
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Aid  (Read 1487 times)
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

Aid
« on: 02/18/03 at 05:14:49 »
Quote Quote

Noone loves palis more than I do. Cupcake was/is my baby. However I must say giving palis aid just made them largly unbalanced. Now that they can heal as much a cleric, whats the point of a cleric? Palis shouldnt be able to heal as much as they can, and lvl that quickly. Perhaps lower the healing rate 20-30hp? Take it back to what major heal was, that was perfect.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

Re: Aid
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/03 at 16:39:21 »
Quote Quote

I was wondering the same thing - I don't have a Pally, so I couldn't really say...  Makes sense though.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Blade

Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/18/03 at 16:41:59 »
Quote Quote

They don't heal for as much as clerics though. I'm assuming DR heals for more than Aid? I'm not sure if this is all pallys are getting (I hope it isn't Wink) but I hope they get something else to, like improved damage.
IP Logged
Clayton

Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/18/03 at 16:47:58 »
Quote Quote

With the addition of Aid, I highly doubt (and also think) that paladins will not have increased damage.
IP Logged
Stigmata
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/18/03 at 16:48:16 »
Quote Quote

My paladin heals for 90, my cleric for 110 max........the major difference being the paladin can increase its dexterity by huge amounts and still do alot of damage on other players and monsters, make it heal for 50 and it'll be ok.
IP Logged
Fyxie
USA 

Nightmare, conspiracy, depression and lunacy

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/18/03 at 18:10:40 »
Quote Quote

I can still see plenty use for a cleric. The only spell's a paladin can cast on other party members is champions strength, aid, and heal, and its a one crit at a time thing. Not a party spell. Clerics have DR, party spells, and springs for when your out training.

I'd like to see paladins left like they are right now. Especially since the tweaking of other classes is supposed to happen. If anything at all you could possibly up the mana cost for aid some.
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/18/03 at 18:41:07 »
Quote Quote

Pallys in fact out-aid clerics by about 10 hp.

This makes pallys better healers than clerics Huh? (DR dosnt count coz it is a rare boss drop that few have)
IP Logged
Fyxie
USA 

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 02/18/03 at 19:17:20 »
Quote Quote

Well neither of my pally's out aid my clerics. Both my clerics aid for about 85-90, where as my pallys aid for about 80-85.
IP Logged

Fyxie, Deviant, Vashalia, Stumbleine, Twink, Modulation, Elena, Pisces, Faygo, Adore, Starla, Autopsy, Dyna, Porcelina, Diao_Chan
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/19/03 at 00:16:01 »
Quote Quote

Same here.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: 02/19/03 at 03:28:48 »
Quote Quote

Yeah, and pallies get shields aswell, so the say 20 to 30 healing they miss out on, they compensate with their better armour. They heal for way too much, it can only be described as 'stupid'. Heal needs to be pulled back to 40 to 50 and be a self only spell.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/19/03 at 03:40:11 »
Quote Quote

^ what he said ^
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
Fyxie
USA 

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 02/19/03 at 03:44:06 »
Quote Quote

on 02/19/03 at 03:28:48, Deval wrote:
Yeah, and pallies get shields aswell, so the say 20 to 30 healing they miss out on, they compensate with their better armour. They heal for way too much, it can only be described as 'stupid'. Heal needs to be pulled back to 40 to 50 and be a self only spell.

I don't know about your cleric, but mine has a sheild.
IP Logged

Bullitt

Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/19/03 at 12:57:45 »
Quote Quote

Ooo now that’s just getting petty. There’s a bit of a difference between a SoF and a spiked shield in armour base and that doesn’t alter anything, the Deval himself has spoken and class balance is what we want, not a selfish trip to keep personal class preferences ‘immortal’. One thing that nobody mentioned is that clerics can have 20 wisdom (race dependent) where as paladins have a max of 19, this will up clerics aid a tad for all those who are using elves.
IP Logged
Blade

Email

« Reply #13 on: 02/19/03 at 16:05:03 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/03 at 18:41:07, Alicia wrote:
(DR dosnt count coz it is a rare boss drop that few have)

It does count, you can buy a scroll for around 40k.. which isn't that much.
IP Logged
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 02/19/03 at 19:47:54 »
Quote Quote

I like devals twist of palis only being able to heal themselves. If this were the case then aid probably does not need to be changed. However if it wil continue to be used on other characters as well then, as i said before, should be equal to the old major heal.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Fyxie
USA 

stumbleine+XxX
View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 02/19/03 at 23:10:26 »
Quote Quote

I'm not trying to keep it so paladins are un-beatable. Because they aren't. I'm simply saying this is the second class to get tweaked so why not see what else happens when other classes get adjusted. Plus, it still isn't that hard to drop a paladin.

And I wasn't being petty about the sheild. He said clerics don't have one, I was pointing out that both of my clerics have one is all. It may be a 6 ac difference, but it's a sheild none the less.
IP Logged

Proteus
Canada 

Proteus, Caitiff, Reign, Ophidian, Trite.

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 02/20/03 at 00:32:36 »
Quote Quote

Clerics can increase there str, there dex, there stamina, there armour, mine DR's for about 120. They have alot of party spells. There enhance works alot better then champ, as does Righteous Fury.On the other hand, they dont hit as much or as hard and there armour and weapons arnt as strong.  

Increasing its mana to 10 would make it not as powerfull and makes more sense then reducing its healing power in my opinion.
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 02/21/03 at 12:39:41 »
Quote Quote

To whoever suggested making heal self only...

Pally dont need any more selfish spells, they need spells which can help others
IP Logged
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: 02/21/03 at 20:52:55 »
Quote Quote

Thats a clerics job though. If pally's are too similar to clerics, they become no more then a Fighting Cleric. They should be self-righteous.
IP Logged
Blade

Email

« Reply #19 on: 02/22/03 at 11:07:26 »
Quote Quote

Nah.. they should get one or two party spells.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.