Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Reduce mana cost for Aid ? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/20/24 at 04:02:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Paladin Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Reduce mana cost for Aid ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Reduce mana cost for Aid ?  (Read 1211 times)
medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

Reduce mana cost for Aid ?
« on: 03/06/03 at 10:06:01 »
Quote Quote

Seeing how pally has both less mana and aids for less than cleric, I think a slight reduction in mana cost for aid would be in place. If you make it cost 5mp (7mp current) you will generally get same aid rate as cleric, but they'll have to use one extra stam, which should be ok.

Ie:
Cleric casts aidx2, using 14 mana and healing for 170
Pally casts aidx3, using 15 mana and healing for 165

Sounds pretty ok to me.

IP Logged

I just wanted to carve a little Z on your forehead - nothing serious.

[InGame: Tempest/Titan]
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

Re: Reduce mana cost for Aid ?
« Reply #1 on: 03/06/03 at 11:15:11 »
Quote Quote

aid is fine as it is, palis do not need any more of an avantage then they already have. and once again, palis ARE NOT clerics, so there costs to cast spells do not need to be the same, and neither does the spell potency.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 03/06/03 at 12:39:21 »
Quote Quote

I am not saying they are clerics, and with mana reduction they will still NOT exceed the healing ability of a cleric. But it's just because they're not clerics, their heal spells shouldn't have same mana cost..nor strenght for that matter.
IP Logged

PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 03/06/03 at 14:29:30 »
Quote Quote

They can heal ALOT with the current mana cost for it, so I think it's fine.  

(First post as Elder!)  Grin
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #4 on: 03/07/03 at 16:24:26 »
Quote Quote

The reason the Aid was reduced is because, I'm going to throw a fact in you dont know, Paladins aren't Clerics, don't try to make the Clerics. The reason Aid was reduced is because they are a mix between a Fighter and a Cleric. If you reduce the mana cost, in essence it would make them the same. Ig anything gets changed with Aid for Paladins, I think it should be raised slightly to 8.
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/07/03 at 19:07:51 »
Quote Quote

They know there not clerics and there not trying to make them like clerics, all there trying to do is to make aid slightly less expensive, which would be ok if it had 5/6 mp cost.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #6 on: 03/08/03 at 09:48:07 »
Quote Quote

okay...
* Tender_Foot keeps his temper down
the reason it was reduced in ammount it healed for, was to make them less powrful, and becuase they arent supposed to be as strong as clerics in aid. if you reduce the mana cost, it would be the same as the old aid, only difference is that it heals for less. it would still be as effective as regular. WHICH IS WHY THEY CHANGED IT, SO IT WOULD NOT BE AS EFFECTIVE.

a cleric with 700 magic (to make math easy for all the dimwitted people) could heal for around 8,000 hp (700/7=100x80=8000)

A pally with 700 magic could heal for 8,400 (700/5=140x60=8400)

Wow, you guys just made pally's stronger then clerics....again
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #7 on: 03/08/03 at 10:04:22 »
Quote Quote

The point is the cleric would heal for that amount MUCH faster than the pally. This doesnt even include Divine restoration, which would heal ALOT quicker. Wow, we didn't make them stronger.
IP Logged
medication

R.I.P.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 03/08/03 at 14:09:18 »
Quote Quote

on 03/08/03 at 09:48:07, Tender_Foot wrote:
a cleric with 700 magic (to make math easy for all the dimwitted people) could heal for around 8,000 hp (700/7=100x80=8000)

A pally with 700 magic could heal for 8,400 (700/5=140x60=8400)

First flaw in your reasoning is that a cleric can heal up to 90 (elf, wis 20) at lv 24. But lets pick a wis of 19, and it'll still heal 85+ at lv 24.
A pally, halfling at lv 26 can heal up to 65, but is generally holding its ground around 60. So, just by looking at those numbers you can see that cleric is still better.  

However, there is one bigger difference that speaks for clerics, and I will use your example:
-your cleric (fixtional one with 700mp) needed 100 casts of aid to reach certain amount of heal provided (I say you'll need even less than 100)
-your pally needed 140 casts of aid to reach same amount of heal provided as cleric.

Difference is 40 stamina...and seeing how you get 3 on every stam recharge it would take your pally roughly 2mins longer to heal for that same amount as cleric did.  

You still think pally would be better ?
IP Logged

Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 03/09/03 at 20:16:58 »
Quote Quote

Pally v's a Cleric. The pally would hit the cleric more often and a lot hard.
Cleric heals more, uses mana...Cleric has little stamina to attack, and attacks for not much.

Pally's already having nice armor, make their dex 27ish. Cleric's miss even more. Cleric either miss of hit for enough damage that a simple heal can sort out, therefore using less mana.

Although a Cleric heals for more, a pally would beat them very often. As making the cleric heal they lose mana until they have no more to heal, and thus die.

Pally's are good, Clerics are getting there, they can stand up for themselves, and help a party brilliantly.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #10 on: 03/10/03 at 08:16:31 »
Quote Quote

i have a lvl 25 paladin, and a lvl 24 cleric, pally with 19 wis and cleric with 20, and my pally never heals for less then 60, and my cleric never heals for 95
IP Logged
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/10/03 at 17:03:51 »
Quote Quote

My level old level 26 cleric used to heal for 85 or so, which is like 25 more than old pally.
IP Logged
Zerlix

Are you sure you wanna meet me on a dark night?

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 03/12/03 at 04:53:48 »
Quote Quote

i think paladins and clerics are equal as it is

paladins have the ability to fight with strong weapons, clerics do not so they have to heal for more to make up for it and if paladins had the same healing ability as a cleric then clerics would be useless and everyone would want a pally instead
IP Logged

«¤¥ðu WøulÐñ† §â¥ †hä† Îƒ ï HåÐ â GuѤ»
Lyandor

Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/12/03 at 15:52:04 »
Quote Quote

This wouldn't make clerics and pallys equal though, clerics would still be the main healer.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #14 on: 03/12/03 at 20:07:55 »
Quote Quote

here, let me see

Cleric who hits for 20 damage, and heals for 80's
Pally who hits for 50's and heals for 60's

I dont know which one you would choose, but pally looks preety good to me as it is, using less mana, that means less gold for mana, that means more heals by a pally. I would choose pally
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 03/12/03 at 21:55:44 »
Quote Quote

Tender_foot.... I have a perfect halfling pally, and mine sure as hell doesn't hit for 50's with no spells.... maybe once in a while.  And mine doesn't heal for 60's, more like 50's.
IP Logged
Tender_Foot

Email

« Reply #16 on: 03/13/03 at 03:38:36 »
Quote Quote

i dont know what lvl yours, is, but mines lvl 25
IP Logged
Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 03/30/03 at 17:02:45 »
Quote Quote

[color=Blue][/color]Pallys need help they r becoming weak again put the aid at about 60-65 itll be much better bcoz many things kill paladins to easy or bring a new spell in or s new weapon i no ther not clerics but they need to be tweaked Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 03/30/03 at 22:49:28 »
Quote Quote

Mine is lvl 28 BTW.  Also, I really think that pallies just need a very good lvl 28+ weapon or 25+ like rangers and thieves.
IP Logged
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 04/01/03 at 00:08:45 »
Quote Quote

yes pallies are gettin weaker they can't handle attacks from other class aka rangers and fighters you spend more time healing then anything also i am starting new post on there dex spells seeing as they are rather pathetic but yes a lvl 28+ weapon other then cbsow or bot would be nicely appreciated but hey staff only can decide that  

Nick
IP Logged

I'm a happy go lucky guy.......Till ya piss me off!Crits ~~ Bahashabeem ~~ Krazyjoker ~~ Kobiyashi ~~Ragnorak
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.