Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
ォ Nightmist Online Forum - The spell that's annoying... サ
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 10:40:25

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Pacifist Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   The spell that's annoying...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The spell that's annoying...  (Read 2238 times)
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

Re: The spell that's annoying...
« Reply #40 on: 07/22/03 at 00:46:40 »
Quote Quote

I'm Arilac, he was just tracking me - not in a party.  I think pacifists are great, the first class that's actually kept my interest long enough to keep leveling it after a day since the reset.  Of course things are going to be unbalanced at first, some spells will need to be fixed - but arguing like this on the forums isn't going to achieve it.

Make a list of all the spells that make things unbalanced/gay, and what you propose could be changed about them.
IP Logged
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 07/22/03 at 05:57:55 »
Quote Quote

I must agree...they shouldnt be able to make people unable to attack a monster..that just ruins a lot of things in the game, they will own the undead less here in a while when not everyone is training a pacifist, only clans with dedicated enough members will use one to cast Jutice Zone and let their clannies get the kill on a boss or atleast make sure they're not killed, but i know i am one who would be willing to do so  Smiley and i think we've got plenty of others in clan that would be willing also, but i dont think it'd be fair for them to cast greater pact and keep others from killing it too..then someone else just logs a pacifist and no one can hit the boss and he just begins to rape everyone and then everyone has to log or leave (if it is the CG you're screwed and must log) but ya...it really is unfair to keep people from hitting a boss and some people need to grow up, but keeping your clannies from being attacked at one A+ idea.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 07/22/03 at 16:58:06 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 00:46:40, Harky wrote:
I'm Arilac, he was just tracking me - not in a party.

Mages cant track  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Pandilex
Game Creator / Administrator
England 

Maneki Neko! (まねきねこ)

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: 07/22/03 at 18:33:18 »
Quote Quote

Mages can't teleport either or edit maps, or ban people, so I guess I must be an imposter  Shocked
IP Logged

Every good writer has much idiom. --Landor

'If your dumb enough to share, we're not dumb enough to care' -Deval
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #44 on: 07/22/03 at 18:59:40 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 18:33:18, Pandilex wrote:
Mages can't teleport either or edit maps, or ban people, so I guess I must be an imposter Shocked

nah your jsut a cheater Cheesy j/k that's really lucky with only needing 20 captain kills to get drop lol Cheesy
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #45 on: 07/22/03 at 19:16:50 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 18:33:18, Pandilex wrote:
Mages can't teleport either

Mages cant teleport, then my mage is a sysop too cuz mine can, im special.  Grin
IP Logged
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 07/22/03 at 19:32:36 »
Quote Quote

on 07/17/03 at 22:54:27, Misu wrote:
well the only thing i can say is DUDES dont pay nuts loads of money on the archys or the 27+ pacifists they will sell with about 100k / arch LMAO Roll Eyes

WTF are you talking about? 100k for an arch that can take bosses without getting killed. You're a ****ing newb, you don't know the value of ****. Why don't you just go do ur cat some more you little dumbass.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Sublime
USA 

Dァf輻舁

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 07/24/03 at 14:12:25 »
Quote Quote

well i can honestly say Pacifist is the absolute worste class ever... i have in fact used/lvled a pacifist and i see no point in them besides being a major annoyance to not only pkers but also those that are just simply training.... i dont think they need to be modified at all.. i think they should be removed from the game alltogether... the only good thing about them is the fact that they cant die by being attacked by players and yes i do think its funny when someone rounds themself attacking 1... but they cant do anything else that of much interest so why have them....?

they can attack undead for alot... wow big deal... can't clerics do the same but with more abbilities that are actually useful?
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Angelus
Afghanistan 

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: 07/24/03 at 14:13:44 »
Quote Quote

Theire moneymakers, and tavern sitters.
IP Logged
Proteus
Canada 

Proteus, Caitiff, Reign, Ophidian, Trite.

View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 07/25/03 at 06:17:06 »
Quote Quote

Ive found alot of uses for mine actually..
IP Logged

I will rape his kin,massacre his subjects,raze his kingdom to the ground & send his soul screaming to the foulest pit of Hell.Only then will I spit on his corpse.Only then will I have had my vengance.
Vodka
USA 

crackkills_2000   SiMpLyJuStAsH
View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 07/27/03 at 16:49:10 »
Quote Quote

Uh Oh...

You bought the book of Justice Zone for 15000 gold pieces.

Wink
IP Logged

サ*^、キコラ~ー Gh黎t Q頌 ー~ラコ、キ^*ォ
Origenes
Finland 

Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

View Profile WWW

« Reply #51 on: 07/27/03 at 18:08:00 »
Quote Quote

Pasifists are just fine. If you don't like no-pk class, don't play them. I'm glad that there are now one no-pk class in the game. Thanks for it.
IP Logged

If you want peace, work for justice. Live long and prosper.
Cule
Finland 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #52 on: 07/28/03 at 15:10:53 »
Quote Quote

yeh thx for my behalf too Cheesy i had a really blast with my 5 stat perfect pacifist wich i lvl'ed to lvl 18 in about 1h 45 mins and traded it to an archy.  Grin
IP Logged

http://www.the-morgue.tk
Lit

think for yourself question authority

n/a   BlendedBrain
View Profile WWW

« Reply #53 on: 07/30/03 at 02:36:51 »
Quote Quote

Justice Zone, level 25, 20 mana casting - 1 mana every 5 seconds, 15k gold - Players on the same square as the pacifist can't pk. Anyone attempting to do so gets the damage dealt back to themselves.  

Subdue, level 14, 25 mana, 2000 gold - Lasts for 2 minutes on a player target, or 5 minutes on self. Causes the target to deal half damage and be dealt half damage from monsters and players. If the target is a healer, it heals undead for half also, however still heals players for full. If the target is a pacifist, heal is not affected.  

true these spells effect everyone on the square, but what about people who aren't on the square? another player comes on the square and attacks me, but i can't attack them because im still under the spell that was casted from before. pacifists paralyze all other classes taking all the pride out of winning a fair fight, and if they can't be attacked then why make a square nonpkable? why should they have the ability to interfere with other players combat..aren't they passive? most of their spells seem to have a negative effect.

pacキiキfism - Such opposition demonstrated by refusal to participate in military action.
IP Logged

Best to keep things in the shallow end
Cause I never quite learned how to swim
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: 07/30/03 at 03:49:13 »
Quote Quote

Subdue doesnt affect everyone on the square.

Subdue causes you both to DEAL, AND BE DEALT half damage. so in pking purposes you are at no disadvantage.

Justice zone comes into effect with EVERYONE on the square, as soon as you walked on a square you would come under the effects of the justice zone spell. Hence the 5 mana per second....

So someone couldnt walk on the square and pk you while you are unable to pk...

IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Drac

Who ate me lucky charms!? >.<!

Dracoden86
View Profile

« Reply #55 on: 07/30/03 at 20:57:26 »
Quote Quote

I at first was against the ideas of pacifists.. that is.. until i saw their capabilities.. and then had em used against me.

im sure everyone has seen what they can do to players at bosses. enough of them can pretty much decide who gets the boss drop.

also, for you pkers, they are great spies to use in the barracks and museum. You just log some alts in one of these two locations.. and level ur pacifist at the same time.. when players come up.. log ur paci off and log ur other crits on and kill them.. then get back to training ur pacifist lol.

high level ones are also great money makers, and since they are self-sufficient with mana, you dont have to make trips to the pot shop.. u can just train/make gold til ur heart is content.

I think pacifists are just fine how they are.. they are a swell addition to nightmist and a good challenge for most. Smiley
IP Logged

If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday then how come nothing is free yet? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB ゥ 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.