Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - New Clan Room Ideas »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/16/24 at 19:56:21

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Improvements
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   New Clan Room Ideas
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Clan Room Ideas  (Read 2595 times)
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

Re: New Clan Room Ideas
« Reply #40 on: 01/15/03 at 09:32:08 »
Quote Quote

Wouldnt it be like the clans where as if th name is not appropioate, it says so?  Just a thought.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #41 on: 01/15/03 at 13:08:40 »
Quote Quote

I still dont agree.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Odin
Australia 

View Profile Email

« Reply #42 on: 01/16/03 at 03:22:58 »
Quote Quote

n00b rapidly fired at you from his RaZoR sHaRp MaDoNNa cD's for 45 points of damage.

Would be very hard to monitor all the names.
IP Logged

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #43 on: 01/16/03 at 03:39:11 »
Quote Quote

If clan names can be monitored, then why not weapons? Have the extra scrae tatic of if u name it something bad it gets taken away.
IP Logged
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 01/16/03 at 05:14:30 »
Quote Quote

But there are other factors aside from any "inappropriateness"...  it seems like a lot of people either can't or just don't take the time to spell well, and seeing a weapon called the "Razar Blayde of Deth" or something like that would get obnoxious after a while.  

Plus, there could be copyright issues.  "Link attacked you with his Master Sword for 3 points of damage".  It's just sort of a bad idea across the board...  give your equipment nicknames if you want to, but there's no reason why they should be put ingame.
IP Logged
Odin
Australia 

View Profile Email

« Reply #45 on: 01/16/03 at 06:09:04 »
Quote Quote

Well there are 196 clans, and 11561 characters.

With the work that the staff already do, i don't think they need monitoring this on top of it
IP Logged

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

Dragoon

Dragon Hunter

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: 01/17/03 at 00:03:25 »
Quote Quote

I know yall will hate this idea but.... would it be cool if the clannies had an arena unlike the 1 we have now were we could call animals and train there and after we kill about 300 of the monsters a boss would come and after u kill that boss u would have to kill like 400 and so on and the bosses get harder every time and all the clan can go into the arena at 1 time and i have 1 more idea if u have an alt that needs like an item out of ure vault u should be able to invite a member thats not in the clan u can invite them for an amout of time just so u wont have to waist ure time login on the alt that is in the clan it would be a little faster i think if u dont like my idea well ty for being honest  Grin
IP Logged

Pandilex This is it... You know it's time...
Dogg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 01/17/03 at 03:28:16 »
Quote Quote

We need a weapon shop in each clan hou  Cheesy
IP Logged
Dogg

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: 01/17/03 at 03:29:12 »
Quote Quote

We need a weapon shop in each clan house  Cheesy
IP Logged
Kharybdis
USA 

DeludedMindGame
View Profile

« Reply #49 on: 01/17/03 at 05:19:19 »
Quote Quote

Do you see the little "Modify" button in the upper righthand corner, between "Quote" and "Remove"?  It lets you modify your post...  so, you could have added the "se" without creating a new post.  Even now, you could click "Remove" to take out the post with the typo in it.

Just thought you might like to know that...  
IP Logged
drizzt_dourden

fear the pointy stick!!!

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 01/17/03 at 13:09:43 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/03 at 00:03:25, koss wrote:
if u have an alt that needs like an item out of ure vault u should be able to invite a member thats not in the clan u can invite them for an amout of time just so u wont have to waist ure time login on the alt that is in the clan it would be a little faster i think

it actually used to be that way, but i belive it was removed because of theft problems.
IP Logged

you must cut down the mightiest tree in the *dense*forest wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.....a herring!
Pyros

Email

« Reply #51 on: 01/17/03 at 17:06:45 »
Quote Quote

on 01/17/03 at 05:19:19, Kharybdis wrote:
Do you see the little "Modify" button in the upper righthand corner, between "Quote" and "Remove"?  It lets you modify your post...  so, you could have added the "se" without creating a new post.  Even now, you could click "Remove" to take out the post with the typo in it.

Just thought you might like to know that...  

Maybe you could shut up?
IP Logged
Holy_Spirit

Fantasy is also Reality

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 01/17/03 at 21:04:07 »
Quote Quote

I would like to see the Portal Rooms put back into the clan houses, its kinda annoying going all the way to bt just to level then having to go all the way back.  It would be easier just to go there in a Portal room then go back yourself.  Plus it would cut down on the amount of Newbs getting killed in the sewers.  Just an idea.
IP Logged
Kazul
USA 

Don't speak, just let people assume your dumb.

hellcat13713
View Profile

« Reply #53 on: 02/17/03 at 19:04:11 »
Quote Quote

as others have said before, a magic shop in clan house would be a very good Idea I feel.  If it is possible to put regular banks, and stuff of that sort in, wouldn't it be good idea to have pots or mana right there at ur disposal.  This would make it easier for everyone as alot of people set their clan house as their local.  And everyone, from level 30-1 gets a trip to their local every once in awhile. =)
IP Logged

If you can't think of anything truly worth saying, you'd be just like the othere 99.9% of the population.
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: 02/18/03 at 03:15:43 »
Quote Quote

Umm the arena could work if you had to have killed the monster to add it then you had to pay also no money give (personal opinion)
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Endless Sorrow

Page/Memo Sumner ingame.

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: 02/19/03 at 04:17:03 »
Quote Quote

I think the Magic Shop, Traveling Merchant, Selling Items Half Price to Clannies, and a couple others are good ideas. I'm also thinking Arena could work IF! a few things were tweaked and so. Like, a Lvl 2 Lvl arena, like, Lvls. 1-10 can Train in an Arena with the NM Arena Monsters, then add another with 11-20 Monsters, such as Orcs, Large Snakes, Trolls, Tables and Chairs (In my opinion, Tables and Chairs are 11-20 monsters...), Gnolls, etc., 21-30 being Sand Spiders, Scorpions, Scarabs, and Wolves etc.,

Just a thought, just an opinion Cheesy

-Edit- And about the Exp, er...not sure, cut down by half? And if people think clannies might just spend all day, maybe set a time, like 5 hours a day per clannie or something.
IP Logged

Îñ tµ€ êÑÐ, G®éëð w ®û£È, ¤ü® (v)ÏÑd§ sµª££ ®º¯|¯, ÅñÐ DéMØñ$ wïL£ ®Üñ ƒrR€€ Âs thËÿ håÐ Ã (v)îLL€ñÏå åG¤ -- DemonSoul
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #56 on: 02/19/03 at 14:42:22 »
Quote Quote

well, you oculnt really have 1-10 alts in the clan, so first arena is gone.

I think arena could work. What could be done to reduce use of them is make is the monsters drop ZERO gold, no gold to clan or anything. and the monsters give you 1/4th exp. it has a big set back to keep people from training all the time in there, but when they are getting pk'ed and all the arena's are over flowing with people, you could just go to clan house.
IP Logged
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #57 on: 02/19/03 at 18:05:51 »
Quote Quote

on 02/17/03 at 19:04:11, KaZuL wrote:
as others have said before, a magic shop in clan house would be a very good Idea I feel.  If it is possible to put regular banks, and stuff of that sort in, wouldn't it be good idea to have pots or mana right there at ur disposal.  This would make it easier for everyone as alot of people set their clan house as their local.  And everyone, from level 30-1 gets a trip to their local every once in awhile. =)

This isnt a bad idea, however I think the crystals/potions should be sold a slightly higher price, for convenience. Maybe 250-300gp for advanced.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
King_Macros

Email

« Reply #58 on: 02/19/03 at 18:24:52 »
Quote Quote

yeah, i agree with sugah.
IP Logged
Colonel_Burton

Message to Mr. Hussein - YOUR GOING DOWN!

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: 02/20/03 at 17:48:36 »
Quote Quote

Maybee like a clan money raiser room, where members could buy tickets for a lotto, or buy raffle tickets to win weaponds and stuff.  

I know, i kinda adapted Prince_Damon's idea, but i think this has a little variation...

thnx
IP Logged

And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell,
One more soldier reporting for duty sir,
I've served my time in hell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.