Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - block »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/27/24 at 13:29:45

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Fighter Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   block
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: block  (Read 2071 times)
Cule
Finland 

View Profile WWW

Re: block
« Reply #20 on: 06/26/03 at 12:56:04 »
Quote Quote

blocking!!!! brilliant!!!!!! makes fighters more interesting thats for sure  Cool
IP Logged

http://www.the-morgue.tk
-=ToM=-
United_Kingdom 

Take a Walk

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 06/27/03 at 17:17:23 »
Quote Quote

Lets stick at just Block for now no assassinate thts stupid and no healing

But

about healing y dont fighters get more life up whn there sitting around thy get 1 up y not let thm heal 5 up
if you know what im talking about? (duno wot its called)
IP Logged

Lyetor/Delirius/Existenz/Centurion ingame
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 06/27/03 at 17:32:45 »
Quote Quote

maybe it could be based on con. for every 2 points of con over 10 you have you get an extra 1 hp regeneration, so with 18 con you would have 1 (normal) + 5 (18 con) = 6 hp regeneration instead of 1.
IP Logged
Sausage

Email

« Reply #23 on: 06/28/03 at 16:59:07 »
Quote Quote

on 06/27/03 at 17:17:23, -=ToM=- wrote:
Lets stick at just Block for now no assassinate thts stupid and no healing

We were joking about those ideas bud...

on 06/27/03 at 17:32:45, Harath wrote:
maybe it could be based on con. for every 2 points of con over 10 you have you get an extra 1 hp regeneration, so with 18 con you would have 1 (normal) + 5 (18 con) = 6 hp regeneration instead of 1.

I think that is way to much.
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: 06/28/03 at 17:32:09 »
Quote Quote

You really need to take balance into consideration here.  Blocking wont improve the game except for the lucky fighter-friendly players.  Fighters are already a dominant class in the game, and do not need to be improved upon.  This ability is way too useful, and not needed for this class.  If fighters were given the ability to heal like Tom or Harath suggested, I beleive fighters would overpower everything in the game within a week.  This blocking idea is original and inventive, but not useful at this time in my opinion, and will jeopardise nightmist's class balance.
IP Logged
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 06/28/03 at 17:33:05 »
Quote Quote

hmm, yeah it is lol. maybe make it like this:
10 con - 1 hp regen
11 con - 1 hp regen
12 con - 1 hp regen
13 con - 2 hp regen
14 con - 2 hp regen
15 con - 2 hp regen
16 con - 2 hp regen
17 con - 3 hp regen
18 con - 3 hp regen
19 con - 4 hp regen
20 con - 4 hp regen
21 con - 5 hp regen
22 con - 6 hp regen

That would give half-orcs an advantage I think they need.

Edit: I never said they needed heal...
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 06/28/03 at 18:31:30 »
Quote Quote

on 06/28/03 at 17:32:09, Sanctuared wrote:
If fighters were given the ability to heal like Tom or Harath suggested, I beleive fighters would overpower everything in the game within a week

See Paladins.

The only way I could see a 'Block' working is using it like an attack.
"You just blocked XXX attacking, rebounding on them for 10 points of damage." or a % of the damage they would inflict.
"You were unsuccessful in Blocking XXX's attack the blow penetrated for 50 points of damage."

Personally I would rather see a 2 stamina attack. Like a mini Smite i.e. a Huge swing of the wepon which inficts high damage, but isnt very accurate. However, it must balance up as to not overpower fighters.

Maybe a 'Counter Attack'... this would work by setting the a counter attack mode (highlight the ability).
Now for every time someone attacks you there would be a block of the shield to reduce damage, then instantly after the block a normal attack (counter attack) would happen.

This could use 1 stamina per block/counter for slightly lower damage than normal. Or could use 2 stamina, for a damage slightly higher than normal.

For 1 stamina per attack: This would be lower due to the block part of the skill. Which would reduce the damage taken. So you couldnt have the fighter being hit less and attacking opponents for the same damage.

For 2 stamina per attack: This would be higher due to the effective loss of 3 stamina. Although you would be taking less damage, you would also only be attacking with 3 stamina thus the skill wouldn't be effective as the opponent would be inflicting more damage.

If I have not explained myself clear enough in any area. Post a reply and I shall elaborate.
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 06/28/03 at 18:45:04 »
Quote Quote

All great ideas, but how is this going to benefit the game and not just the fighter loving types.  I don't see this helping anything but those who have a lot of fighters, unless you balanced it out more.  It needs work, theres good ideas, but they are too powerful of abilities.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 06/28/03 at 19:03:34 »
Quote Quote

Every class discussion has been posted with ideas. The whole point is to make all the classes better.

I agree that if only fighters were made great, then they would be overpowered. However, since we are posting on the other classes. There is balance being discussed.

I take it you dont post, the overpowered speech on the discussion of your main crits though? I didnt think so.

All classes need to be improved, but not every class need a 1 click ability.
IP Logged
Marros

Sapper710
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: 06/28/03 at 19:38:56 »
Quote Quote

I agree, but classes shouldn't have these incredible abilities like the ones stated here.  Then the game will turn into a whoever has the fastest connection wins game, since all the classes will be balanced at a higher degree.  I think fighters were put into the game as an extreme.  The extreme to magic is mages, the extreme to pure power is fighters.  Just like druids are a median as well as berserkers (having abilities) and thieves and so on.  Fighters are the one class in the game in my opinion that don't need work.  No, I don't give a whole bunch of ideas on my favorite characters discussion, nor do I put down suggestions on anyother.  I actually have quite a few fighters, and in my opinion they are the best class ingame and the only one NOT needing improvement.
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: 07/08/03 at 02:06:08 »
Quote Quote

on 06/28/03 at 19:38:56, Sanctuared wrote:
the extreme to pure power is fighters

The extreme to pure power is actually beserkers. Also, a Ranger easily hits just as hard, if not moreso as a fighter.

Eternytes ideas are always good and well thought out, he lays them down in the hopes of discussion, and having them tweaked and modified to suit, not stuck in using every formula he suggests.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Cule
Finland 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: 07/10/03 at 20:54:35 »
Quote Quote

block... block!!! make it happen!!!!!!!!!!  Tongue
IP Logged

http://www.the-morgue.tk
-=ToM=-
United_Kingdom 

Take a Walk

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 07/24/03 at 21:44:18 »
Quote Quote

YEAH JLH WHENS URE NEXT UPDATE PUT ||BLOCK|| IN
IP Logged

Lyetor/Delirius/Existenz/Centurion ingame
link_of_zelda
Scotland 

i am the master of blades

ghost_of_logos  
View Profile

« Reply #33 on: 08/27/03 at 18:26:52 »
Quote Quote

ok here is how is see it block is good but i have an opinion a fighter all out stamina move called:

party block:
this will be needing this to get:
500kgold
lv 27 or above(in other words all 6 stamina)
and it lowers defense by 3 when using

who agrees
IP Logged

hi...contact me as nekiokin!!
Phobos
Canada 

-PuppetS-

Fate+and+Horror
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 08/27/03 at 19:21:03 »
Quote Quote

500k? wtf is that man? i didn't exactly read it all, but I think it should be an ability that fighters START with. not a spell, an ability.
IP Logged

Phobos, Pentium, Jello, Mission, Damage, Alchemist
Threat, Puppet, Disturbance, Victim, Lysdexic, Haunted
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #35 on: 08/27/03 at 20:21:18 »
Quote Quote

It could cost 500k. At level 27 you go to your training place, and learn how to block (seems like you'd already know though, but that isn't the point lol) he might want 500k.. so you pay. It doesn't cost any mana so that automatically makes it an ability, not a spell. I think it would be better if you paid for it, maybe not as much as 500k though.
IP Logged
deSade
United_Kingdom 

Bloody crumbs everywhere!

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 08/27/03 at 22:06:35 »
Quote Quote

Maybe make it a fighters quest....search for the master Grasshopper and if you defeat him, he teaches you block?

Anyhow it works, I like it!

Hugh
IP Logged

ßí§ÇÚít Mħ±€®
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: 08/27/03 at 23:48:50 »
Quote Quote

Or we kill the Master Grasshopper and have a phat quickening, not only taking all his power, but his well concealed chest of gold hidden under a floorboard...
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
link_of_zelda
Scotland 

i am the master of blades

ghost_of_logos  
View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 08/28/03 at 18:09:14 »
Quote Quote

hey listen those who didnt read it all read it you have 2 buy it because it blocks the entire party so... ppl pay 500k for a hally y not pay the same amount for a brilliant fighter move!!
IP Logged

hi...contact me as nekiokin!!
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #39 on: 08/28/03 at 19:11:25 »
Quote Quote

who the **** paid 500k for a hally?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.