Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids and the 'Nature' fanaticism »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/28/24 at 23:02:57

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids and the 'Nature' fanaticism
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids and the 'Nature' fanaticism  (Read 1564 times)
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

Druids and the 'Nature' fanaticism
« on: 02/28/03 at 00:28:55 »
Quote Quote

Mkay

Y'all *coughnorinthcough* are obsessed with the fact that druids are most definately only forest dwellers. You are all also obsessed with their relation to only serious 'forest' morphs and skills.

Well, who says a druid cannot inhabit all regions? What is stopping there from being a desert dwelling druid? A mountain dwelling druid? Forest is a sub-category of an eviroment, you all talk about druids relating to the elements, but then handcuff them by tying them into the forest.

Another example - Cheetah, Lion - niether of which are 'forest' dwellers, both of which being barren sahara style beasts. Lessur wurm, now how does that fit into the forest? It doesn't, it's a desert beast, as suggested by it being the smaller cousin of the Giant Sand Wurm. Gorilla, Jungle beast, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jungle and Forest are very different things.

Druids are based on AD&D? Why? Who cares? It's AD&D's rules, welcome to Nightmist. The class druid is up for interpretation, for gods sake, take the shackles off the druid and make it an all enviroment class, rather than force it into the confines of the small and unproductive forest.

Nothing is stopping any of the spells being modified to fit into a multi-enviroment style class, so lets see some more suggestions other than 'Rabid Forest Squirrel' and 'Tree That Heals You'.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Bullitt

Email

Re: Druids and the 'Nature' fanaticism
« Reply #1 on: 02/28/03 at 00:33:48 »
Quote Quote

Well said. I also don't see how +5% damage in forests equates to +7 armour in terms of balance (not just about druids, but yeah..).  

I suggested a while ago that there be similar spells like vines for other areas of the map, like you said, what’s the point of basing them solely around forests...?
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/28/03 at 12:37:48 »
Quote Quote

Desert and mountains can be 2nd habitats.

In desert we could get Thorny Vines (the same as Grasping Vines, same spell, different name) and Rains of Regeneration could be changed to desert forest and mountain only.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Sauruman
USA 

Shall we shag now, or shag later?

Lord_CyberDragon   LordGothicDragon
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 02/28/03 at 23:13:51 »
Quote Quote

I'm just curious as to where their energy comes from: the forest or the elements? *real druids, nothing to do with AD&D or stuff like that*
IP Logged

The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Hamster

Email

« Reply #4 on: 03/01/03 at 10:49:15 »
Quote Quote

Well, sorry but I don't know any real life druids that can morph into bears and stuff.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 03/01/03 at 13:04:10 »
Quote Quote

Exactly lol.

It comes from Nature. But atmospherical changes are "included" in this definition of power as well. By following Nature they gained the power of wind, electricity, etc. And maybe even the ability to summon a vulcano or an earthquake.
IP Logged

Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: 03/02/03 at 23:04:30 »
Quote Quote

well actually real druids dont PHYSICALLY morph into bears and stuff...but they can morph Grin
« Last Edit: 03/03/03 at 02:04:20 by Chinsu » IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Misconception what you see.
Happiness this cannot be.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

~*~¯|¯èµ F£üff'§ (v)ïñ¡°ñ ~*~
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 03/04/03 at 00:48:21 »
Quote Quote

...what the hell?
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: 03/04/03 at 03:31:47 »
Quote Quote

Ok this is hard to explain...but basically druids irl cannot physically morph into animals.  It's more of a emotional sort of thing and has to do with connecting with things and becoming "one" with them.  When people have difficulty with life, they are struggling with themselves and therefore need to change.  All living things constantly change and so it's important to "shapeshift".  Shapeshifting is the ability to change into the right shape at the right time to receive the best results.  By becoming "one" with, for example, an animal or element, druids gain more power and motivation and view situations from different perspectives.  ...sry if I was a bit unclear before... or if I still am... or if I just sound completely insane now... Huh
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 03/04/03 at 19:13:16 »
Quote Quote

Druids love the trees and plants. So naturally they will not ghang out in the desert. But for the most part they can.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
alicia

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 03/04/03 at 21:49:59 »
Quote Quote

Forests are a poor choice coz the best thing you will find in one is a brown bear. Ever tried levelling a druid (or indeed a easier class like fighter or zerker) on nothing but brown bears?

As for 'real' druids, arn't 'real' druids the guys you see burning fires on the beach at 2 in the morning?
IP Logged
Deval
Australia 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 03/05/03 at 03:44:53 »
Quote Quote

on 03/04/03 at 19:13:16, Silverwizard wrote:
Druids love the trees and plants. So naturally they will not ghang out in the desert. But for the most part they can.

GOD! Show me where it is written that other enviroments other than the forest are 'NOT' classified as nature. Why can't a druid love stone formations and mountains? Why can't druids appreciate the warm muggy atmosphere of a swamp? The green rolling hills of the highlands? DRUIDS ARE AN EVIROMENTALLY BASED CLASS/MYTH. ALL THINGS ON EARTH ARE AS SUCH AN 'ENVIROMENT', as to what enviroment the druid chooses to resides in, is that specific druids own choice/preferance.
IP Logged

Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: 03/05/03 at 12:10:02 »
Quote Quote

Deval has got a point. But at the momment, after the update druids are suitable for any area.
IP Logged

Schizo
United_Kingdom 

No more Mr. Nice Guy

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 03/05/03 at 13:55:51 »
Quote Quote

How about druids love the earth? Thats basicly why they like nature etc etc.
IP Logged

"In the name of God, Impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal d**nation. Amen." Hellsing
Blast

Email

« Reply #14 on: 05/18/03 at 20:11:49 »
Quote Quote

how bout all druids love me (im product of earth or so Grin) and give me all thair spare cash  Grin
IP Logged
Chinsu

Seizure Bunnie!!!!!!

VampyreDarla
View Profile WWW

« Reply #15 on: 05/19/03 at 01:10:59 »
Quote Quote

* Chinsu gives Blast 10gold.

Theres my life savings!  Use it wisely.   Wink
IP Logged

Illusion

This isn't reality.
Before you I am not me.
Pain, hatred, insanity.

Jono

Email

« Reply #16 on: 05/26/03 at 06:17:05 »
Quote Quote

they definitely need something else...they are good against low lvls...15- but when fighting a good crit they fall apart completely
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #17 on: 05/26/03 at 09:39:08 »
Quote Quote

You'd better not be saying that druids need something else.. Druids are fine as they are, over powered in one on one situations, and a little over powered in huge fights. What I would suggest is to stop people from stacking Gaea's Blessing and Stoneform, that way they still have a decent amount of armour, but its not a stupidly high amount.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #18 on: 05/28/03 at 15:51:23 »
Quote Quote

Druids will be changed...

And I don't agree with Thornshield or Stoneform, but anyways...

Druids are good but not THAT good. A zerker can whoop a druid with one click.

---

Get some Summons in the game and then we'll discuss about it HeHe.
IP Logged

Mordakai

Email

« Reply #19 on: 05/28/03 at 17:34:56 »
Quote Quote

Umm, zerkers can't.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.