Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Druids »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/04/24 at 20:40:50

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Druid Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Druids
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Druids  (Read 1523 times)
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

Druids
« on: 01/24/03 at 20:09:55 »
Quote Quote

SmileyHunger: While morphed, attacks (melee only) are 0,25 vamparic and 0,25 mana leech. Last 4 minutes; costs about 45 mana; Lvl 15, is an ability.  

SmileyThunder Storm: Summons a powerful tempest that randomly strikes enemies (no charmed animals/summons/nopk players). Damage depends on level, wisdom and intelligence. Costs 40 mana, lasts for 40 seconds, stays in the square. Level 27.  

Smiley Charm: Charm animals and players only. Charmed animals follow the Druid, attacking all creatures or players, except the nopked ones. Druid can see the damage his charmed animals can inflict. When the animal is charmed, it can't be charmed by another Druid, cant loose control. Charm lasts for 8 mins on animals, costs 18 mana per animal. When the druid enters a neutral zone, the animals are left behind (example: a druid enters arilin with a Brown Bear, the Bear waits outside for the druid.).  
When cast on players, players loose all stamina and can't regenerate stamina for Druid's level/2+2 secs, cost is the same. 2 players max can be charmed; 4 animals max can be charmed. Charming sucess and resisting charm depends on the Druids and the players charisma, intelligence and level. Level 18.

SmileyRains of Regeneration: Regenerates a Druids health and mana with ammount aprox. equal to the Druids intelligence + wiz. The druid looses all stamina and stamina regeneration for 30 secs, so he cant leave the square or do anything else. Regeneration heals life and mana, but since it costs around 20 mana to cast, a druid with 20 wiz and 20 int would get aprox. 40+lvl/2 life and 40-20+(lvl/2)=20+lvl/2 mana from it. Its cast on forest only. (Its a big advantage for the druid but also lets the druid get pked easily, wanna see the archmasters running across the forest looking for the druids ; to get healing is always a risk)  
ammount depends on druids level, intelligence and wisdom. Lvl 24.  

SmileyThorns: This aura affects only the druid. When cast, everyone that attacks the druid (except spells and including bows) gets (Druids level/2+30)% damage back. Lasts for 4 minutes and costs around 30 mana. Level 20.  
Example: Fighter attacks Druid. Druid is under the effect of Thorns; the fighter inflicts 60 damage to the druid but receives X% back. Black Bear attacks Druid, inflicts 12 damage gets Y% damage back.  

SmileyNature's Call: The Druid calls 2-3 Nature spirits (Treants) to come and aid him. Treants hp/damage depends on the druid's level, intelligence and wisdom. They act like charmed animals. Costs 35 mana per treant; Forest only. Level 22.  

Bosses can't be charmed.

Just thought I should transfer my suggestions, after all we got a new place for druid's stuff.
IP Logged

Anything just ask Smiley.
Clayton

Email

Re: Druids
« Reply #1 on: 01/24/03 at 20:17:00 »
Quote Quote

Ok, I didn't read the whole thing word for word. However I do think that spells lasting for 4 minutes are a little long... Including "Thorns" which I think is just all to powerful.
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 01/24/03 at 21:20:49 »
Quote Quote

For example, a cleric spell that can be cast on anyone lasts for what? 3/4 minutes? The druid spells are cast on self only, so they should be a bit (and just a bit, I like balance) higher.
Thorns depends on who attacks you and what level you are. Maybe a chance that thorns doesn't act would be fair. And Thorns has a high mana cost.
IP Logged

PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 01/24/03 at 22:47:26 »
Quote Quote

I tried to restrain myself from releasing my opinion but this madness must continue no longer. You’re an adept druid, What do you know about druids? Druids aren’t supposed to be strong spell casters! Their heal isn’t even suppose to be powerful they attack and morph, That’s all they got. If thorns were ever to take place it should be casted only in forest type areas. Druids don’t control the weather! The only spell that was somewhat realistic is ‘Natures call’. Leafstorm please go read some druid books before you continue this druid charade.  
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 01/24/03 at 23:07:30 »
Quote Quote

My current druid, LeafStorm is an Adept Druid. Yes, he is. Level 21 if you wanna know. But it's the 7th (or 8th, don't remember exactly) druid I had. I play this game since the beginning (or almost). I started with paladins, then I just used druids as main "fun" characters. My druid experience is based on a bit of Celtic history (not much), a few dozens of RPG games with druids, and Internet "surfing sessions".  
They aren't supposed to be strong spellcasters... Their heal is supposed to be enough, for example 25/35 (or should). Thats not strong healers. Thorns isn't real thorns, they are magically generated ones, like a "mirror" spell. But spells like Nature's Call need trees, need a big connection with nature. Druids have charm abilities. And there is no game I ever played where the druids weren't supposed to heal. Their heal was normally just a bit weaker than healing specific classes (like clerics). Druids use Nature, and can control natural / climatic conditions. And seems I probably have more "druidic" experience than you.
IP Logged

Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 01/24/03 at 23:10:39 »
Quote Quote

And I keep my druid at level 21 by choice. I am trying to level my healing alts to 21 so I can get some Shields of Faith, and try to kill the "unkillable" Vinewhip Troll.
IP Logged

Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/24/03 at 23:24:57 »
Quote Quote

actully durids can control the weather i am a durid muhahaha
IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #7 on: 01/24/03 at 23:30:36 »
Quote Quote

Well I levelled a druid to 90 mil and I consider Leafstorm’s ideas to be good. Sure I might not agree to every single one right down to specifics but I thing he generates some nice input. Surely there are no set rules for the game and how druids HAVE to be. And if it comes down to your level to decipher what you know about druids, how can you question? I’m guessing haven’t trained a druid to a high level (could be wrong of course).  

We now have designated sections to class specific posts, if druid posts offend you so much just steer clear of this section.
IP Logged
PopTart

King Newbie!!!

xxm2themxx
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/25/03 at 00:37:11 »
Quote Quote

Druid posts don't offend me at all. It just gets old hearing Leafstorm talk about all these things druids need. He acts as if druids are meant to be some super class.  

P.S- I bet none of the spells get added. If any of the spells do get added it would be Natures Call. The other ones are just plain crazy.
IP Logged

Every decade there is one newbie,One newbie with the uncanny skill to ask so many easily answered questions he can drive all Nightmist elders to retirement.That one chosen man is declared King Newbie!
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: 01/25/03 at 09:33:14 »
Quote Quote

In case you haven't noticed, I have my forum account since 2001 and till now only 3 people showed interest about druids in general. Zero, me and Bullit.

Not that I say that everybody should care about druids. I just think they deserve at least someone that tries to make them better. And if you can do a better job than me, go ahead. If you are able to, I will proudly give you my congrats.
IP Logged

Pyros

Email

« Reply #10 on: 01/25/03 at 09:45:47 »
Quote Quote

I'm sure theres more than 3 people that have shown interest. Not that it matters, people can still know about druids even if they don't play them.

And druids can create storms etc, but they have little control over who it hits and when it goes and how long it stays.

Edit. Had a look at the spells, and I think there to powerfull, Hunger is just way over the top.
« Last Edit: 01/25/03 at 10:01:09 by Parodius » IP Logged
Oblivion

Psychedelic

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/25/03 at 09:58:15 »
Quote Quote

Druids based on other RPGs, Can Charm, raise their max HP with a spell, morph, use vines that do many different things(most games they just do dmg to ppl or life steal)..

In Nm Druids can do decent dmg at lv 30 with lesser worm.
but however they still don't do anything compared to fighters/rangers/mages...

Anyway, I think the stuff leaf posted is good.. And no wouldn't make them gods, would basically even them up..
And if it did make them to powerfull, just lower them down some.. Wont know for sure untill its tested..

However the fact of the matter is, Druids do need some help..
And Leaf, would help to make better judgements what druids need if you did infact however used higher lv druid..

Lv. 30 they do better still need help being even with other classes.

---Note---
I think all ideas about classes should on improvements or adding things based on this.

1. How well they do towards fighting other classes.

*2. How well they do against monsters, compared to how other classes handle monsters.

3. How well they can handle themselves on their own and not with the help of alts.

4.How well they work with teams.(or alts)(This probabaly as the state of way NM is in would really be a major factor..)

5. Ideas/improvements/etc comeing from point of view of someone haveing experience at Lv. 1 threw 30.  
And having a reasonable intelligence on things.
Also, if they had knowledge of other classes from Lv. 1-30.

probabaly couple more that I can't think of..

*Again this is really based on them being able to kill/lv off monsters by themselves(not with the help of alts). have to take in the consideration that most Ppl use alts.

---Left Out----
Hunger would be to powerfull being mixed with having the other spells Leaf said.
IP Logged

And so in the sky shines the electric eye supernatural king takes earth under his wing Heaven's golden chorus sings, Hells angels flap their wings Evil Souls fall to Hell ever trapped in burning cells
Bullitt

Email

« Reply #12 on: 01/25/03 at 11:00:59 »
Quote Quote

In my personal opinion there are two potential routes open to improving druids. These are more in terms of power however since I  haven’t really got any form of role-play experience:

1). The first would be to up the heal so that they would be basically as they were before the transition from minor heal to heal. Now I considered them pretty usable before heal got dropped and if this was done then they could be relatively left alone with more minor additions such as slightly lower morph costs, a 20% increase in jolt and 4 stamina at level 24. The problem with this as Deval pointed out was that druids aren’t primary healers (I’m not personally very knowledgeable in terms of role-play classes).

2) If the heal is to be left alone then I consider druids to need significant more work in terms of balancing power. The damage in morphs is fine, jolt would need to be altered and the morph costs reduced. Again the stamina needs to be altered and I think this is where you need some new spells. The nature’s call or some type of charm is the perfect type but I think these should be for a higher level, at least 23+. I’m not too keen on another damage spell that would act in the same manner as jolt; I think variety is what druids currently lack.

Now this is kind of biased here but I’m going to say it anyway lol. Since mages are the only class to currently use intelligence I don’t think it should come into play for druids unless the same is done for paladins and clerics. Such a move could render the current population of druids rather useless (or just mine Wink).
IP Logged
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 01/25/03 at 11:41:22 »
Quote Quote

Even if my spells would make druids quite strong, remember that the spells have high mana costs, have a chance to fail, or need many stats. Thats why I think that, so these spells could be fair, druids would need to use intelligence. After all how can they cast spells like Jolt sucefully and have 9 intelligenceHuh

I forgot to change Hunger. It should still be avaliable but with a high mana cost and only 0.2 life/mana leech.

And in case you haven't noticed, the climatic changing spells need HIGH levels, and always have something to make things harder. For example, Thunder Storm is a really high level spell and hits random targets. And Rains of Regeneration is forest only, high level, and makes you vulnerable to pking, because of the 30 secs penalty.
IP Logged

Bullitt

Email

« Reply #14 on: 01/25/03 at 11:48:41 »
Quote Quote

Technically I agree with the intelligence thing, but I just feel its too late now. It’s the same with clerics and paladins, how can they manage with minimal intelligence? I just didn’t think it’s balanced to implement intelligence when it doesn’t count for other spell casting classes. Now that basically is a biased opinion because both my druids have low intelligence but its rather a drastic change at this stage in the game.
IP Logged
Pyros

Email

« Reply #15 on: 01/25/03 at 11:51:47 »
Quote Quote

Actually, Thunder Storm is very cheap. You get 40 seconds worth of attack, for only 40 mana.
IP Logged
Cyric

the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue...

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: 01/25/03 at 14:49:16 »
Quote Quote

For better discussion (and better chance of working them into the game), I think that the spells that seem most reasonable should be put in their own thread to be discussed in detail.  Just my opinion, but reading about them in a jumble of varying opinions of varying topics like this is difficult to iron out specific details related to one or the other.
IP Logged

Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, and known to some as "the Mad God."
Norinth

The Elder Druid.

View Profile Email

« Reply #17 on: 01/26/03 at 22:19:13 »
Quote Quote

Okay.
IP Logged

Bun
United_Kingdom 

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 02/13/03 at 22:25:53 »
Quote Quote

I totally agree with leaf storm even if he sucks!

durids are **** they cant do nothing i think a lvl 21 theif has a very good chance of beating downa lvl 30 durid quite eastally durids are protectors or nature personally i thing it should be spilll up totoally rangers hang round with rangers theives go with theives fighter with fighter etc clerics should go with paladins because there both like keeping it in the church blokes(thats for u stodge if ya read it) durids should be in the forest with NEW spells i wonder if jlh did any reserch before making this char poptart u played d2 durids can summon shapeshift(morph) and use really powerfull spells any ways to the point  

Clerics: should have night mist and should be all churchy.
Durids: Forest.
Fighters: (help me i dont like them throw an idea to my head)
Paladins:nightmist with clerics.
Theives: sewers and restheven possibilly with fighters !
Mages: this could be interesting ! they can be on any ones side they like.
Rangers:because durids suck they should be allied with the druids becuase there powerfull

soi what im proposing is that clans baseically go out the window

the clans would be like allies  
fighters and theives sewers and restheven
Clerics and pallys(this could be to powerfull tell me what u think)church
Durids and rangers forest gressy meddow
Mages:this is a turning point the top of each class can invite these chariters eg a lvl 27 +ranger could invite a mage to allie with the druids and rangers e.g kalypso /invite allie Proteus

i am not saying this should happen im saying that clans should be gone and druids need to have some back up cuz the suck tell me what u think and dont moan about grammer and stuff i suck at it

IP Logged

~¤ RôÇK§tåR§ ¤~
Nytemare

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 02/27/03 at 16:39:17 »
Quote Quote

Well Leafstorm, you have to admit that what your saying for the spells is an awful lot. Druid's aren't a big spell casting type excluding heal, the only kind of spells that they use revolve around the animals. Their morphing all together should be enough to keep the druid alive.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.