Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - i suggest a reset :D »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 21:21:13

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   i suggest a reset :D
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: i suggest a reset :D  (Read 3040 times)
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

i suggest a reset :D
« on: 01/18/04 at 20:46:36 »
Quote Quote

normally it would be some noob that has nothing to lose to suggest a reset but now it's some noob that actually has some stuff to lose.

i jsut think the game needs to change. i ahven't seen any major changes to make the game less boring.  

i'm not try'n to flame staff or anything it's just well i've been doing the same on this game for over two years and i noticed that archmasters aren't as impressive as they used to be.

so to make everybody equal again i suggest a complete reset and upping the lvl limit to 100. This would involve alot of stuff to be changed to the game (new areas needed, new armor/weapons and more stuff like that) but i do think the game needs something else then jsut new areas/weapons/spells/pics.

a new class would make things different for about 4 months but then the game becomes boring again. maybe i've just been play'n too long or maybe i've just palyed long enough to c this game needs something different.

once again i'm not try'n to flame staff or anything because i think they are doing a good job on the game as it is but i just think the game needs a major change to make it entertain us for a longer time.

and to the old ppl that are scared about losing their stuff: you got your stuff once and now you hardly use it. you can get it again and maybe even keep using it.

edit: and lvl 100 is just a suggestion Cheesy it would jsut take alot longer then a month to get to the max lvl if it would be 100 so it would stay more interesting to lvl instead of pk (atleast i would consider reaching lvl 100 more important then pk'n some ppl)
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: i suggest a reset :D
« Reply #1 on: 01/18/04 at 20:48:51 »
Quote Quote

no
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/18/04 at 20:53:15 »
Quote Quote

I have something to lose well not that much as u but yeah.. anyways i felt the same thing as u, so i tried to start over give out everything and start with a 6 stat lvl 1... bad idea... Sad
i say 'yes' give us a reset!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Grin
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 01/18/04 at 20:55:57 »
Quote Quote

on 01/18/04 at 20:53:15, Snowy wrote:
I have something to lose well not that much as u but yeah.. anyways i felt the same thing as u, so i tried to start over give out everything and start with a 6 stat lvl 1... bad idea... Sad
i say 'yes' give us a reset!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Grin

well jlh is the boss and he said no Cheesy aaah well

yay! less lag. i won't be active till i get bored with this other game (that has 250 lvls and brilliant 3d graphix and 9 dedicated servers)
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/18/04 at 20:59:31 »
Quote Quote

PM me with its name, if u want some more noobs on it Tongue. You know u want.
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Deathwish
South_Africa 

Die Storie Is 'n Groot Poespas. Deathwish ingame.

195137013 195137013   mandark12002   adriaanj121
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 01/18/04 at 21:13:27 »
Quote Quote

on 01/18/04 at 20:55:57, Jurian wrote:
with this other game (that has 250 lvls and brilliant 3d graphix and 9 dedicated servers)

Ya or... untill it gets p2p becuase Beta Testing ends soon or you get hacked which happened to me.
IP Logged

Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.
Prodigy
USA 

¤Ð¡p£ømåt¡ç Immúñ¡t¥¤

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 01/18/04 at 21:14:51 »
Quote Quote

I dunno if reset is a good idea yet. When all you see is archmasters and experts running around, then it would be much more a priority. Maybe when harabek opens, the change to the game you were looking for will appear. Till then if you are looking to dump some good crits page finale in game Smiley
IP Logged

Just like a sunny day, I'm gone shine. You better cover your face, or you'll go blind. Now b**ch I don't blaze, this is how I ride. Just like a sunny day, watch me shine..§wèè+ñ觧.
Deathwish
South_Africa 

Die Storie Is 'n Groot Poespas. Deathwish ingame.

195137013 195137013   mandark12002   adriaanj121
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 01/18/04 at 21:16:35 »
Quote Quote

You should know that Jurian deletes crits... he never gives them away.
IP Logged

Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 01/18/04 at 21:18:44 »
Quote Quote

on 01/18/04 at 21:13:27, Deathwish wrote:

Ya or... untill it gets p2p becuase Beta Testing ends soon or you get hacked which happened to me.

i would pay Cheesy less lag Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Azrael

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/18/04 at 21:24:00 »
Quote Quote

This has been brought up atleast 30 times over the past 2 years I've played/visited this site and it's never gonna be a yes unless JLH does it without consideration of player opinion, you should know that by now.
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 01/18/04 at 21:30:39 »
Quote Quote

well the other 29 times someone withouth stuff to lose suggested. and i keep hearing more and more players say the game becomes boring Cheesy
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 01/18/04 at 21:35:03 »
Quote Quote

Bullnuts, people with stuff to lose have agreed with the idea in the past, it's not like JLH will listen just because you suggest it.  Tongue
IP Logged
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: 01/18/04 at 21:43:10 »
Quote Quote

suggesting something big and new like that will never work... just becuse JLH has no real intrest in RPG this is something u will have to do your self, I don't know what he realy wants nm to become or what it is now, but you are in the middle generation of nm wich has no perpous but to be here, no I don't mean this as a bashing twords JLH
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Jurian
Netherlands 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 01/18/04 at 21:49:19 »
Quote Quote

actually i talked to jlh and he's planning some major changes hedidn't say what but i suggested some changes and he kinda said those were planned Cheesy (not telling you peeps a thing)
IP Logged

Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 01/18/04 at 21:52:32 »
Quote Quote

There is something making the game kind of boring to me also now.  I don't think a reset can solve that, and making the game have more levels and such just makes it like every other game.  I don't see a point in it.

I thought if bosses spawned more often and dropped a smaller % of the time it might be interesting, don't know....maybe i should just learn to re-like the game the way it is, i think it is a great game, but playing a game for a really long time will cause it to be old or boring to you...what would you expect?
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Snowy
Poland 

Freeze, aint it?

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 01/18/04 at 22:07:30 »
Quote Quote

one alt at time would rule Cheesy like with pacis but on all classes
IP Logged

Contact 'Snowy' in game.
Tatsu
England 

Tatsu, Kang, Syphon in game

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/18/04 at 23:00:10 »
Quote Quote

i think the game is fine how it is, i enjoy it.....and i think a 1 alt rule would kinda suck and be...well boring

if ur not enjoying it, maybe u should join a different clan  Wink

however i do agree with the 'no respect for archies' thing that jurian said, altho if u were gunna set a limit like lvl 100 u might as well make it unlimited levels....i think adding 2 more levels and one new ability at lvl 32 for each class would do the trick, maybe up to lvl 35, altho lvl 32 would be at 500mil exp, which doesnt take a short amount of time to get   Shocked

for example zerkers could get a new 'rampage' ability to replace berserk:  

Tatsu rampaged at you from his Oak Staff of the Clouds for 180 points of damage, annihilating you!

this would be sweeeet  Cheesy
IP Logged

ooh-eeh-ooh-aah-ahh, ting-tang, walla-walla-bing-bang; ooh-eeh-ooh-aah-ahh, ting-tang-walla-walla-bing-bang. (repeat, with various arm and leg movements)
Limit
USA 

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 01/18/04 at 23:04:14 »
Quote Quote

I think more lvls would be quite good fun. It would be interesting lvling our arches.  Roll Eyes lol.. Just hope that update comes soon..
IP Logged

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: 01/18/04 at 23:15:57 »
Quote Quote

There is no point having a reset unless an alt limit is introduced, otherwise history will just repeat itself.
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: 01/18/04 at 23:18:21 »
Quote Quote

I await this update to see... hopfully it will get some intrest in playing agine,
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.