Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - i suggest a reset :D »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/12/24 at 18:27:14

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   i suggest a reset :D
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: i suggest a reset :D  (Read 3035 times)
Draloon
USA 

^_^

VerasHS
View Profile Email

Re: i suggest a reset :D
« Reply #20 on: 01/19/04 at 00:14:20 »
Quote Quote

It would be great if they brought back old nightmist and gave everyone "their" old characters back, the ones that "they" had spent 5x the time training than in the new one with "their" pitiful lvl 20 zerker. Or give out all the server files and dats for old nightmist so we can have fun Smiley
IP Logged

Draloon/Smacks/Zinc/Effect Ingame
Id

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/19/04 at 00:21:36 »
Quote Quote

Quote:
Posted by: Draloon Posted on: Today at 00:14:20  
It would be great if they brought back old nightmist and gave everyone "their" old characters back, the ones that "they" had spent 5x the time training than in the new one with "their" pitiful lvl 20 zerker. Or give out all the server files and dats for old nightmist so we can have fun  

heh..sounded like a game I played: Phantasia 4.  Player kept on demanding for the old version.  Then the wizard started to giving out free source code.  After that, clones after clones started to come out killing the game.  So really...instead of saving the game, giving out all the file would just kill it (beside...why would they give out the files, which they worked hard for, to those who didn't even took a part of making that files to enjoy and play with, freely??)
IP Logged

I told you we were facing the wrong way!
Don't underestimate the power of a dark clown.
-Trippin' the Rift-
Draloon
USA 

^_^

VerasHS
View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: 01/19/04 at 00:24:15 »
Quote Quote

It's because there is no chance of them putting up the old Nightmist which pwned this one.
IP Logged

Draloon/Smacks/Zinc/Effect Ingame
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 01/19/04 at 00:33:57 »
Quote Quote

if the game is boring... ah fuck it.

a reset is a great idea! it'll be just like that one time where we had a reset and then everything was just peachy keen forever and ever!
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: 01/19/04 at 01:10:34 »
Quote Quote

the "old nightmist" is technically the same as the current one, the only difference was a much lower playerbase (check the graphs on the website) and definitely a more friendly playerbase!
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Kon

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/19/04 at 01:41:33 »
Quote Quote

Old nm had much better maps with better descriptions, with enough bosses in ratio to the players.  Personally I wish you (JLH) would run the old nm on a seperate server.  Shame that'll never happen    Cry
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 01/19/04 at 01:45:49 »
Quote Quote

Can you reset the player's attitudes?  Restart the friendlier playerbase?
IP Logged
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #27 on: 01/19/04 at 01:56:47 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 01:45:49, Aidon wrote:
Can you reset the player's attitudes?  Restart the friendlier playerbase?

Facetiousness is an attitude as well.  Tongue
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: 01/19/04 at 03:19:35 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 01:41:33, Kon wrote:
Old nm had much better maps with better descriptions

That is certainly not true.  But since when do players read the descriptions?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Catalyst
Niger 

I ain't no Nigga.

Dumnut5
View Profile

« Reply #29 on: 01/19/04 at 04:10:57 »
Quote Quote

I think the way Nightmist used to be is way better than it is now you(JLH) might think its the same but I've played this game for a long ass time and think it is kinda boring now.
IP Logged

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 01/19/04 at 04:19:46 »
Quote Quote

I noticed a fairly good point...The boss to player ratio thing.  I think with the increasing # of players there could be more bosses, or more space.  I am not really sure why, but it seems like areas take a really long time to add, Harabec has been in construction since i began playing (i think it was delayed a little by someone i shared with back in the day, but i mean...really..thats a long time).

I realize the admins are pretty busy with school and stuff, I am just wondering- how long does it take to add in areas and stuff?

I'd just like to have new stuff comming in all the time i guess, but things come as they come, and i'll live with it.

Just as a couple of notes-
I've played this game longer than any other game i've ever played, D2, PS2 games, SNES games....all that stuff.  So obviously the game is very good, and i think that is the reason people get bored with it.  We all simply have seen it a whole lot.

2nd note- Ya..area descriptions...i dont read them...or pretty much never do.  I'm illiterate though.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: 01/19/04 at 04:29:36 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 04:10:57, Catalyst wrote:
I think the way Nightmist used to be is way better than it is now you(JLH) might think its the same but I've played this game for a long ass time and think it is kinda boring now.

then post what this game is missing that the old game had and i'll add it, because i sure can't remember deleting any code when i did the reset.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Catalyst
Niger 

I ain't no Nigga.

Dumnut5
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: 01/19/04 at 04:36:27 »
Quote Quote

Take away the pk restrictions and just make it you can't pk until the crit is level 5. Trash the Pacifist. The way the monsters follow you is something I dont like especially in desert. I just think a reset would be the best idea make monsters a little stronger or something also so it won't be as easy for people to level and get gold and such.
IP Logged

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #33 on: 01/19/04 at 05:25:26 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 04:36:27, Catalyst wrote:
Take away the pk restrictions and just make it you can't pk until the crit is level 5. Trash the Pacifist. The way the monsters follow you is something I dont like especially in desert. I just think a reset would be the best idea make monsters a little stronger or something also so it won't be as easy for people to level and get gold and such.

Although I did not play pre-reset (shortly after), i'm pretty dang sure pre reset monsters DID follow you. If I remember correctly, the code stopped working, but recently was fixed.

On topic, a reset will not solve anything at all. Like John said, It's all about the player attitude, pre-reset and for a period after the reset the player base was a small group of friends. Now, it's nothing like that. It's really a shame...
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: 01/19/04 at 05:28:06 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 05:25:26, Matt wrote:

Although I did not play pre-reset (shortly after), i'm pretty dang sure pre reset monsters DID follow you. If I remember correctly, the code stopped working, but recently was fixed.

Indeed they did. 3 Ogre lords in the Temple of Giants anyone???
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: 01/19/04 at 06:54:26 »
Quote Quote

Ogre Helms for all!
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Kalel
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: 01/19/04 at 06:58:33 »
Quote Quote

as I stated before... we are middle nightmist history with no perpous... so if u don't like your perpous then change it make somthing up help add to the game... other wise you have no point to play but to agervate other people
IP Logged

http://www.venom-gaming.com
Sausage
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 01/19/04 at 07:01:47 »
Quote Quote

purpose*  aggravate*

And the playerbase has gotten incredibly horrid over the years. I didn't play pre-reset. But I've played long enough to see the playerbase go to nuts. Oh ya, there's no need for a reset either.
IP Logged

-=-§Äû§ÅGÉ-=-
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: 01/19/04 at 08:26:33 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 00:33:57, dognapot wrote:
if the game is boring... ah fuck it.

a reset is a great idea! it'll be just like that one time where we had a reset and then everything was just peachy keen forever and ever!

i think if you change the lvl limit and add some stuff i sugested to jlh that's not in this thread it would make a big difference. i think one of the main problems with nm at this time is there is nothing interesting to do when you have reached the maximum lvl.  

i don't say a reset with a higher lvl limit will solve all problems but i do think it'll make the game interesting for a much longer time.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #39 on: 01/19/04 at 11:49:04 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 04:36:27, Catalyst wrote:

the pk restrictions are present to avoid mass slaughtering of newbies, putting them off the game.
trash the pacifist? why?
monsters have always been supposed to follow people (when the monster has been set to).
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.