Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - i suggest a reset :D »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 20:31:18

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   i suggest a reset :D
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: i suggest a reset :D  (Read 3039 times)
Lowmion1
Australia 

Energy DOESN'T equal Mass x Constant Squared , :)

View Profile

Re: i suggest a reset :D
« Reply #40 on: 01/19/04 at 12:06:22 »
Quote Quote

previously stated:-
i don't say a reset with a higher lvl limit will solve all problems but i do think it'll make the game interesting for a much longer time.

The only problem with a reset, is that some of us havnt played for 2+ years and still enjoy the game, a reset would ,(as I'm not yet arch due to the fact my first crit was a mage), be rather off putting and d**ned annoying,

However the notion of restricting the amount of alts allowed on sounds good, no offense Jurian as i know that's ur favourite act,  

All in all though this game is dang good, and the clan I'm in makes all the difference between boredom and fun  Grin
IP Logged

Luck is What Happens When Preparation Meets Opportunity Smiley
Harky
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #41 on: 01/19/04 at 12:22:15 »
Quote Quote

If the old map was put into the current game, the nostalgia would be there for some of us, but the game would still suffer from the problems it does now, and the only reason is because the game is plagued with the wrong kind of people. As for the areas being worse now than they were back then.. trust me, whichever way you look at it the 'newer' areas that are being released now outshine those from the past easily. Technically the builders have a lot more to play with than they did back then, but it's not only that. A lot more thought seems to be put into most of the areas that are released.

I must confess that a few of my areas in the new nightmist were rushed (barracks was supposed to be ten times larger, the mansion thief autoquest was supposedly going to be harder, the routes between the towns - nightmist to arilin were supposed to be a LOT longer, and a few other things I never got to do.) The reason for it was because of the fact the date of the reset was announced beforehand and the players grew impatient because it didn't hit the deadline. I accept the 'days of fun(or free experience/quest items)' for a few weeks before the reset were growing annoying, but growing pressure from the players forced me to somewhat rush most of my areas, except those that were opened after the game was released, and for that I apologize.

I built several areas pre-reset, pern valley being one, which is what you all seem to think was the best area ever. Pern valley didn't have the best descriptions, it was the first area I'd ever built and as such a lot about the place was lacking. The only reason so many people went there, and why the game is still remembered, is because it was a town in which pk'ing was possible - it had two bosses at different points (the story was two different factions of undead attacking each other (thus the two tunnels leading through to their lairs..), breaking through into the area, using the town as a battleground. I doubt anyone even noticed that - but trust me, it really wasn't a 'great' area.

And to the current builders, I had just as much complaint regarding the areas being released as you seem to be having now with yours. Trust me, if there was a reset and a new map right now, in a few months time all the people that started playing on -this map- will be complaining about the old one being much better, so don't take any of the comments about wanting the old nightmist back as a reflection on your area building skills, because they really aren't lacking.
IP Logged
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #42 on: 01/19/04 at 12:55:45 »
Quote Quote

Is there a way we can help jlh without typing everything out to find that it isnt what you were after in terms of new areas?

Is it possible to have a program downloadable by all that will be able to give you a brief synopsis of what the area is, give a visual display of the size (like the map program that used to be used) and also give you easy implimentation and editing to finalise way before its implimented. One that can be worked on offline and transfered as an individual file as email to you guys to load up on your program. New areas could then be implimented easily maybe by just uploading the file into the map area and bam the works done before and also possibly offline then inputted easily?

Also increasing to a max maybe level 40 as suggested a few times and having extra skills like i put in another post of 'Honor Kills' (Post was Killin Noobs i believe) might evolve the game further and give all something to aim for.

Restricting alts isnt something id like to see (Although i dont use alts much)..................

Just had an idea? Character restrictions per square in certain areas?
ie 20 characters per square in a town
10 characters in a boss area
5 in a woods or small cave area etc

if you move onto that square in a party of 10 you run the risk of people getting left behind (Based on random play dropped so that it isnt low or high levels) and the square gives that character a message saying "The Passage is too narrow" or "This town path is too crowded, you cant get through"

This would stop parties of 20 fighting parties of 20 mid forrest and also risk that high level chars dont enter the battle etc..........

this stops massive player swoops but doesnt discourage parties training but encourages strategy and thought rather than mindless running.

The shear probability risk of running past a party and losing characters could make life interesting.

The uncertainty might add some Va Va voom to the game

Just a thought

Tienno

xxxx
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #43 on: 01/19/04 at 13:03:53 »
Quote Quote

/t Tienno  What about Covert characters? Would they take up room?  Also, people could block access to certain areas far too easily, imagine people crowding the sewers and gate in ar, you'd be stuck there for good...  Although I like the idea for limiting some areas, areas near towns should be left open.
IP Logged

Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: 01/19/04 at 13:18:01 »
Quote Quote

Covert id say wouldnt count neither would staff or invisible people.......... but thanx for suggesting thast as i hadnt considered that.
IP Logged

If two cents is all i have, that's all i'll give. If i have more to give, bet your own last dollar ill give it.
Chili Pepper
England 

Blood sugar baby, She's magik, Sex magik.

theoriginalporkster  
View Profile Email

« Reply #45 on: 01/19/04 at 13:19:28 »
Quote Quote

on 01/18/04 at 23:00:10, Tatsu wrote:
Tatsu rampaged at you from his Oak Staff of the Clouds for 180 points of damage, annihilating you!

Angry Jimmy! I copyrighted that!
IP Logged

I’ll malinger on your block and
Give the finger to a cop and
Pick a lock before I knock and
Set you up to get on top!
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #46 on: 01/19/04 at 14:03:39 »
Quote Quote

/t Tienno   So then during peak hours when SGH is packed, people wont be able to go south out of town due to narrow passges? I just can't see that.
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: 01/19/04 at 14:21:42 »
Quote Quote

The gate out of town will be a high number of characters per square so people can leave and enter easily but in remote places like small caves or tunnels some times a limit could be set. Thats all i am suggesting. Maybe also base a failed attempt to get onto the square on a attribute so there is a chance when a square is full you can barge through?
IP Logged

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #48 on: 01/19/04 at 14:36:26 »
Quote Quote

the game already supports a character limit on a given square, for example the secluded benches
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Oz
USA 

x_bulldogdan_x  
View Profile Email

« Reply #49 on: 01/19/04 at 15:02:38 »
Quote Quote

/nod JLH
IP Logged

Oz untill all my crap is sold...them i'm blowing this popsicle stand.
Tienno
Great_Britain 

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: 01/19/04 at 15:47:40 »
Quote Quote

thanx JLH no need for further comment from me on that one. Unless you wanna add any other bits like limits in other areas.......

JLH what about the software to help you out with suggestions easily inputted into the game?
IP Logged

JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: 01/19/04 at 15:58:41 »
Quote Quote

you mean areas? there is already a program on the ftp that staff use for making areas on, then they give me the map file and i add it.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #52 on: 01/19/04 at 16:06:45 »
Quote Quote

I figured out what i need to do maybe---
Go train in desert (I haven't actually 'trained' in a good 6 months)
Go to Jungle.
Go to Mt. Senant---and actually beat it, haven't ever finished it up there. (sp?)
Get a set of lvl 22s and go around gnolls.

All areas that I haven't played with THAT much.  Jungle i've never played with at all really, the other 3 i have fairly good knowledge of...

O, this is kind of a suggestion to older players that are bored, lets all get together parties and go places that aren't your normal stomping grounds.  Jurian maybe you could leave the captain/desert and try Mt. Senant (still sp?), it is secluded and decent enough exp.
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #53 on: 01/19/04 at 16:32:54 »
Quote Quote

/t everlast  Hehe, I tried that idea. Actually makes the game alot more fun if you try to 'conquer' given areas with certain restrictions. Places like Natura, Scarlet Daggers, Mount senant (once again, spelling?), Gnoll, Necro Tower.. You get a great feeling once you know you're able to enter and easily control an area.. And no, not control as in kick everyone out.. Control as in complete the given quest and gain a prize.
IP Logged

Smiley
USA 

I live in my own world :)

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: 01/19/04 at 18:16:47 »
Quote Quote

Maybe there could be some other new thing. Not an area or anything, more like an event that all the players can participate in, even newer ones.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: 01/19/04 at 18:17:33 »
Quote Quote

Like the new event that just started last week?
IP Logged
Smiley
USA 

I live in my own world :)

View Profile

« Reply #56 on: 01/19/04 at 18:21:01 »
Quote Quote

What was that? I'm kinda new at this, sorry.
IP Logged
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: 01/19/04 at 18:28:10 »
Quote Quote

Basically an alt tournament that is ran by Epic and Zephie.

Currently the events that run on a normal schedule are:
1. Drunken Masters- Tuesday 3am server time
2. Alt Dueling Event- Wednesday 11pm server time
3. Champion's Belt Mosh- Friday 10pm server time
4. Triplex event- Saturday 10pm server time
IP Logged
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #58 on: 01/19/04 at 19:58:13 »
Quote Quote

on 01/19/04 at 18:28:10, Aidon wrote:
Basically an alt tournament that is ran by Epic and Zephie.

Currently the events that run on a normal schedule are:
1. Drunken Masters- Tuesday 3am server time
2. Alt Dueling Event- Wednesday 11pm server time
3. Champion's Belt Mosh- Friday 10pm server time
4. Triplex event- Saturday 10pm server time

which are all screwed up times if your not in england or usa and have to get up early.
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: 01/19/04 at 20:37:39 »
Quote Quote

Everlast you had a good idea listing things to do when bored.. I think I'll do the same and hopefully maybe some bored person will follow in my foot steps.. I doubt it though as it's much more fun to complain?  ::)

1) Level all characters you have in your account to 30.
2) Start new characters, new classes, different stats.
3) Build low level teams to go to lvl specific areas such as : Natura, Catacombs, Necro Tower, Swamps..
4) Pk!
5) Level a pacifist, role-play the pacifist, try to assist other players with either protecting them from being pked, or leveling low levels while they train.
6) Collect keys from every monster that drops a key.
7) Roll new characters.
8) Go to bosses
9) Try to obtain rare boss drops by killing the boss repeatedly(i.e captain/hedge/time knight)
10) Play flea market (By this I mean go around selling your boss drop items/keys you obtained)
11) If you trust someone, and they trust you perhaps get some training jobs for extra cash.
12) Join weekly events.
13) Mosh!

These are a few I can think of for the moment, lol. In my opinion there are still plenty of things to do in game.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.