Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/26/24 at 21:46:13

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?  (Read 16563 times)
Diagonyte

Hardly on(ingame): mostly on weekend nights.

sykoshealer
View Profile

Re: STOP SHARING, ARE YOU THAT STUPID?
« Reply #20 on: 01/08/04 at 15:37:39 »

If your dumb enough to give someone ur password then you deserve to get stolen from they've said as far back as i can remember that your not SUPPOSED to share ive only ever shared with my twin and what do ya know he' never stolen my crits :S lol (if it was me i'd have posted the emails and msn)

~Baker~
IP Logged

There is no good or evil there is only power and those too weak to seek it.-Tom Marvolo Riddle(J.K.R.)
Diagonyte,syko_ s_healer,ludo_bagman,achilles,abra,da_wraith,inuyasha_sama
Bahashabeem
USA 

Eat rockets!!

n/a   Froggie131
View Profile

« Reply #21 on: 01/08/04 at 15:48:55 »

I share with a person named Jason. I have never met him or never had the opertunity to see him. Its about trust not stupidity hell I don't even share with him I let him use my crits. The problem isn't stupidity its TRUST ya have to know who too trust and I trust him. There are not too many people in the world like this. Thats the problem!!! Liars and cheats finish first its the nice guy who finish's last but I won't give up. An JLH helped me get my crits back before from someone who stole my account. So he does try give him a break.
IP Logged

I'm a happy go lucky guy.......Till ya piss me off!Crits ~~ Bahashabeem ~~ Krazyjoker ~~ Kobiyashi ~~Ragnorak
Bleh Poo
United_Kingdom 

Splish, splash, plop.

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: 01/08/04 at 16:11:19 »

The only way you're gonna stop people sharing is by making it so they can't, so why don't you do it if it annoys you so much?
IP Logged

Teehee, the jokes on him! I'll be dead by then Cheesy
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: 01/08/04 at 16:28:57 »

How can you stop people from giving out their password, maybe an electric shocker on their mouse and keyboard so when they start to be stupid and give it out the are hit with a few volts of aversion therapy? That still wouldn't stop the irl of giving passwords out.

As someone has said before if you played a game like Diablo 2 and you let someone use your crit, and they changed the password, would you really go to Blizzard and start sending crying emails to them, I doubt it, and if you do, may you be smacked in the face with a full time mininum wage job for as JLH said, You must be stupid.
IP Logged
Bleh Poo
United_Kingdom 

Splish, splash, plop.

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 01/08/04 at 16:32:35 »

on 01/08/04 at 10:02:17, Pandilex wrote:
We're not here to hold you hand. Keeping your passwords to yourself is SO easy! Why do you have so much trouble doing it?

The reason we haven't stopped sharing is because a) its quite tricky to program it in so there's no way to get past it, and b) in 0.000001% of cases people might genuinely want to share with someone they really trust - regardless of this fact its still their own responsibility. There are a few people I'd trust enough to share with, but even if I did and they did rip me off, which is what happens with 99.9999% of sharing incidents, it would be my own fault. I'd only share with someone I knew in real life, who I knew to be mature or responsible, or someone I've known online for years like isyng.

And you must read the rest of the topic.
IP Logged

Teehee, the jokes on him! I'll be dead by then Cheesy
Haunted
Virgin_Islands 

Exit the dreams of full remorse

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 01/08/04 at 18:12:14 »

on 01/08/04 at 16:28:57, Aidon wrote:
How can you stop people from giving out their password, maybe an electric shocker on their mouse and keyboard so when they start to be stupid and give it out the are hit with a few volts of aversion therapy? That still wouldn't stop the irl of giving passwords out.

As someone has said before if you played a game like Diablo 2 and you let someone use your crit, and they changed the password, would you really go to Blizzard and start sending crying emails to them, I doubt it, and if you do, may you be smacked in the face with a full time mininum wage job for as JLH said, You must be stupid.

Its almost impossible to steal d2 stuff now...due to the whole CD key account thing and the email option. Wink
IP Logged

Sature the souls of a virgin land.
A nation on its knees by its own naive
beliefs. Feasting on the flesh of our starving
who­re. Idly looking on as it bites once
more.
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 01/08/04 at 18:58:09 »

It is an example of how people would not dream of crying to staff in larger games for their own stupidity, much due to the fact they do not talk/see/know them personally like they do in this game.  People seem to think that they are the only player who do dumb things and that it is easily solved, not that it takes time and effort to look through the logs, which can only be done by admin.
IP Logged
Prophet
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: 01/08/04 at 20:46:10 »

on 01/08/04 at 12:02:36, deadman wrote:
I seem to remember oracle sharing with some1 and then that person giving out the acct pass and getting stuff jacked but yet guess what happens he gets the crits back no why bc he shared with a staff.That shouldnt matter who u share with u share bc u can trust the person yea but u should get ur crits back bc the game is spose to be against theft and whatever way it happens its still theft and should be dealt with even if ur not gonna get crits back they should be banned/deleted so no1 else can use them.

My apologies to Wes this isnt bashing u or anything u were just a good example.

You remember wrong. Wes did have his stuff stolen, but not by the person he was sharing with giving out the pass.
IP Logged

www.nightmist-can-die.com - go go go!
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: 01/08/04 at 21:51:32 »

I think JLH is very right, sheer stupidity. But, there's been a time where I decided to share with someone and the guy jacked most of my stuff, and the guy even admitted it to staff that he took MY stuff. That's kinda gay that I wasn't helped.  

I also agree with Baha. I'm sahring with someone now, and I KNOW he won't do anything, neither will I. NO Doubts! Well, we know eachother in RL, we've been friends for years, he lives down the street from me. It's possible.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.