Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - No,were not ''stupid'' »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 00:54:19

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Discussion Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Judge Dredd, Pandilex)
   No,were not ''stupid''
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No,were not ''stupid''  (Read 3711 times)
Dominique
USA 

snackandsipjesus   DomiDomimatrix
View Profile

No,were not ''stupid''
« on: 01/08/04 at 01:32:29 »

No were not stupid, if anything is stupid,it's the way you addressed the topic itself and made yourself look stupid.  Those of you who are probably arse kissing morons and probably disagreeing with me can stuff it as well.

Nothing is wrong with sharing if you know who to trust and who not to trust to share with.  People have gotten their accounts stolen even without sharing.  Now to me that sounds like a flaw in the game, though I might be wrong but I might not.  I don't come down on staff and talk bad about them like some people do,but there are some things that some particular staff has done that are disagreeable with me.

You make sharing sound so bad and tell everyone not to do it but you know they are anyways.  So why not do something about it?  Instead of scolding us and calling us stupid make everything we work for safer and more secure.  That way everyone can be happy,scold-free, and not insulted on a intellectual level.

I'm not stupid and nor do I enjoy being called stupid either.  Everyone makes mistakes,but to tell us that you don't care and that you arnt going to do anything about it is whats stupid.  By belittling us and making us feel like fools,though it's your job to make this game safer and more enjoyable.

I'm not trying to tell you what your job is, but I'm trying to open your eyes and get you off of your high horses.  Not all staff I'm sure have the time to develope the game more and make adjustments to where we can share and not be stolen from, but you should still care.  Even though, for example, if a certian staff pages you personally and state that they hate you.

If you already know half of us on a personal level and consider us friends then why would you call us stupid for something you would probably do too?

Oops...I forgot you're staff,and were stupid,and you probably think of all of us including myself as your faithful little followers.  Though I wasn't here, I've heard from sources that will remain nameless,that ''theft wasn't a problem in the past so something must be wrong now.''

Reply as you wish,I don't care,at least not anymore. Better do it before this post gets locked.
IP Logged

Anyone can post how much they want, so new/full member means absolutely nothing.

- Aidon
Vanilla
USA 

View Profile

Re: No,were not ''stupid''
« Reply #1 on: 01/08/04 at 01:42:13 »

Well said Domi.  Not much that I can add on there except I agree with everything she said.  Numerous people share and no matter what happens or what anyone says they're still going to do it because they trust the person they're sharing with.  If trusting someone makes you stupid then consider me the dumbest of all.
IP Logged

"You think that I can’t see right through your eyes
Scared to death to face reality
No one seems to hear your hidden cries
You’re left to face yourself alone"
~*Main crit: Tidal in game*~
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 01/08/04 at 01:54:42 »

If you share accounts it's one thing. If you share accounts and get your chit taken it's another. If you share accounts, get your chit taken then email staff your stupid.
The rules clearly state that staff does not encourage the sharing of accounts and will do nothing to help you get your stuff back in the event that it is taken.

JLH's response was the first time I saw him act like a human and show emotions in the almost 2 years I have been playing. Think about it. He logs onto his email and everyday some tard wants help getting his/her stuff back cause they shared and the person they trusted the most took his/her stuff.

He and all staff have said time and time again DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNTS. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORDS. And guess what... We do it anyway and cry when our stuff gets taken.

Suzey and those like you get over it. This is a game. Some people do follow the rules and take advise from staff in regards to theft issues. And on a personl note I hate all of the cry babies who have taken time away from JLH and other staff members with your petty complaints because you didn`t follow the rules. I hold the tards like you personally responsible for the delay in the update. If he wasn`t taking time to sift through emails and answer memos and yells and pages cause you didn`t follow the rules. The players who play the game for the game woulda had our update.

And to those that argue, "He helped so and so way back when". I say to you that when NM first started there were a handful of people. I'm sure for staff it was easy to resolve issues. Take some time to look at the Game Activity/ Stats link. There are as of 1/1/04 almost 1200 IP Addresses. Do you actually think that it would be fair to the game as a whole if he was to attempt to resolve each issue with that many people playing?  

Get ahold of yourself folks. Follow the GD rules and play the game. If you don't like the way the game is run then get your hat and coat and get the fk out. There are enough of us that like/love this game and advertise to friends and family enough to keep this place alive.
That's my 2 cents.
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 01/08/04 at 01:55:29 »

i share with jono....if he stole,witch he wont,i think it would be my fault for sharing...i dont think staff should have to do nething about a persons choice
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 01/08/04 at 01:55:41 »

It's their game. They make the rules. Users must also remember that it is not based in the U.S. so there are different rules, and so forth.

To make a long story short, they can do whatever thay want (JLH and Pandilex) and you have to accept it.
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 01/08/04 at 01:56:39 »

...and we are tired of cleaning up after "trust."  You don't know how many complaints I receive that end up to be sharing cases.  It's just that people don't get it.  You are giving your password out.  It's your own fault!  So stop giving us a hard time because you're self-centered enough to think everything is catered to you.  Every game has policy.  Welcome to Nightmist Policy.  He wasn't referring to everyone as stupid, but those needless ones who whine and "ironically" share also.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pin

Deadly Beloved & the aviators all the way baby!!!!

ArchAngelVirus1
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: 01/08/04 at 02:00:27 »

Ok Look, suzey, tidal you know both of you are both good friends in game but it's really not the staffs fault, if people are... how do you say... ok lets try this one... not smart enough to know by now that people you think you can trust will backstab you in a heartbeat then you really do need to commit yourselves to an asylum, it's life. It's happened to me before and will again, deal with it and stop complaining
IP Logged
Consumed
USA 

*:·®ÿåñ·:*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 01/08/04 at 02:32:41 »

on 01/08/04 at 01:55:29, Consumed wrote:
i share with jono....if he stole,witch he wont,i think it would be my fault for sharing...i dont think staff should have to do nething about a persons choice

i would however be upset...but i think my other friends suported me id continue playin and get all the stuff i had back...
IP Logged

Cøñ§ümêd
Dominique
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 01/08/04 at 02:41:28 »

on 01/08/04 at 01:54:42, Momba wrote:
If you share accounts it's one thing. If you share accounts and get your chit taken it's another. If you share accounts, get your chit taken then email staff your stupid.
The rules clearly state that staff does not encourage the sharing of accounts and will do nothing to help you get your stuff back in the event that it is taken.

JLH's response was the first time I saw him act like a human and show emotions in the almost 2 years I have been playing. Think about it. He logs onto his email and everyday some tard wants help getting his/her stuff back cause they shared and the person they trusted the most took his/her stuff.

He and all staff have said time and time again DO NOT SHARE ACCOUNTS. DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORDS. And guess what... We do it anyway and cry when our stuff gets taken.

Suzey and those like you get over it. This is a game. Some people do follow the rules and take advise from staff in regards to theft issues. And on a personl note I hate all of the cry babies who have taken time away from JLH and other staff members with your petty complaints because you didn`t follow the rules. I hold the tards like you personally responsible for the delay in the update. If he wasn`t taking time to sift through emails and answer memos and yells and pages cause you didn`t follow the rules. The players who play the game for the game woulda had our update.

And to those that argue, "He helped so and so way back when". I say to you that when NM first started there were a handful of people. I'm sure for staff it was easy to resolve issues. Take some time to look at the Game Activity/ Stats link. There are as of 1/1/04 almost 1200 IP Addresses. Do you actually think that it would be fair to the game as a whole if he was to attempt to resolve each issue with that many people playing?  

Get ahold of yourself folks. Follow the GD rules and play the game. If you don't like the way the game is run then get your hat and coat and get the fk out. There are enough of us that like/love this game and advertise to friends and family enough to keep this place alive.
That's my 2 cents.

I apologize for not being an elite player such as yourself and have had the opprotunity to be around to see everything you've seen.  You've been playing for 2 years,I haven't even been playing a year,alls I did was have the guts to say what a lot of other people want to say but they constantly get crap like this.  If JLH doesn't want to sort through emails,memos,pages etc; then maybe he needs to hand over his job.  If you're sick of hearing about theft issues,too bad,get over it. Because you're going to hear about it a lot more not just from me. I've only said something about this issue twice. I haven't been around that long to see what has been done and what hasn't been done.  If staff chooses favriots and only does what they want to do to certian people then so be it.  It was my opinion and you tried to shut it down with your 'eliteness'.  You've played for 2 years,big whoop to me.  It doesn't matter how long you've played or how many times you've heard about the same issue.  Like you said theres about 1200 IP addresses,I'm sure theres about 1200 different ways to touch this subject time and time again.
IP Logged

Anyone can post how much they want, so new/full member means absolutely nothing.

- Aidon
Catalyst
Niger 

I ain't no Nigga.

Dumnut5
View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 01/08/04 at 02:50:34 »

Hmm maybe a reset would end all of this lol.
IP Logged

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Dominique
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 01/08/04 at 02:54:10 »

on 01/08/04 at 02:50:34, Catalyst wrote:
Hmm maybe a reset would end all of this lol.

OH man buddy! YOu're right on the target!

Not,trying to shut down my posts isnt going to stop someone else from speaking the same truth.  Not my problem if you're trying to suck up to staff and it isnt working by trying to degrade and hush my opinion,sir
IP Logged

- Aidon
Ril<l<u

»(¯`v´¯)°« RíKkù »°(¯`v´¯)«

RikkuSugah
View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 01/08/04 at 02:55:45 »

omg u all are so stupid

I wasnt even 'sharing' and got my chit stolen, u wanna start with me!?  Staff is so fking retarded, they cant even control their own game

they say thieves will be punished, yeah right?  So I guess its okay to just steal if u feel like it right?  so Ill share with Someone and decide I like their thief and just fk them over huh?  oh yeah okay, thats cool I need new chit now that mine was stolen because staff suck
IP Logged

..........»½«(¯`v´¯)(¯`v´¯)»½«..........
.·º°--»½«²Çåt¢h mé ðñ €ì£ðñWý
Dominique
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 01/08/04 at 03:02:24 »

on 01/08/04 at 02:55:45, Ril<l<u wrote:
omg u all are so stupid

I wasnt even 'sharing' and got my chit stolen, u wanna start with me!?  Staff is so fking retarded, they cant even control their own game

they say thieves will be punished, yeah right?  So I guess its okay to just steal if u feel like it right?  so Ill share with Someone and decide I like their thief and just fk them over huh?  oh yeah okay, thats cool I need new chit now that mine was stolen because staff suck

I was trying to point that out,and look at that shyt I get.  That guy up there stated that he was playing for 2 years as well.Same amount of time you've been playing almost,yet were still stupid right? Some people don't even share and still get their accounts stolen.  I'm sorry lindz and well I basically posted all of what I said because of you.  You're 1 of my closest friends and for you to get stolen from like that hurt me a lot. And it hurt more when staff said they didn't care and that they werent going to do anything about it.
IP Logged

- Aidon
Aidon
Nightmist Game Staff

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 01/08/04 at 03:16:14 »

Anyone who blatantly does the opposite of what staff say is stupid.  He brings you the game for free, and says "Hey don't share or you'll get your crap taken away."  Hmmm now if I had an IQ over sayyyy 10, I would think, " Wow If the creator of the game I play says I shouldn't share b/c I might have my stuff taken, then I guess I won't do that!"  It would be different if 1. He didn't tell everyone not to share, or 2. Repeat it 100000000000000.  It somewhat makes me think ok a puppy who pees on the floor gets smashed with a newspaper, and turns around and pisses again, thinking this time he won't get smacked.  Bottom Line:  Its HIS game, listen to him or stop whining!
IP Logged
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 01/08/04 at 03:20:00 »

omg u all are so stupid

What gives you the right to come and flame staff, explain how it is their fault your stuff got stolen. You call them retarded but yet your stuff is stolen. Why the hell should they help you anyways when all your doing is coming on here giving them attitude. ya it sucks that your stuff got stolen but please grow up and be mature about stuff. It is a game, not the end of the world.
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Ril<l<u

»(¯`v´¯)°« RíKkù »°(¯`v´¯)«

RikkuSugah
View Profile Email

« Reply #15 on: 01/08/04 at 03:22:45 »

u can stop being an ass because by definition I Did NOT share my account
IP Logged

..........»½«(¯`v´¯)(¯`v´¯)»½«..........
.·º°--»½«²Çåt¢h mé ðñ €ì£ðñWý
Dominique
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 01/08/04 at 03:24:08 »

on 01/08/04 at 03:20:00, Tadpole wrote:

What gives you the right to come and flame staff, explain how it is their fault your stuff got stolen. You call them retarded but yet your stuff is stolen. Why the hell should they help you anyways when all your doing is coming on here giving them attitude. ya it sucks that your stuff got stolen but please grow up and be mature about stuff. It is a game, not the end of the world.

You need to lay off of her.
IP Logged

- Aidon
Dominique
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 01/08/04 at 03:31:59 »

Chris,she's already pissed as shyt because she got screwed out of 2 years of her life on this game.  But you know you'd feel the same way if something like this happened to you. Everyone and anyone would,they wouldn't take it as serious...but well everyone is different and they react to certian things differently. So leave her alone and let her vent,if she feels staff is to blame then let her feel that way.  But a response coming from you of all people is just the thing to set her off even more. So leave her be.
IP Logged

- Aidon
Creed
USA 

Creed ingame

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 01/08/04 at 03:33:50 »

Threads like these are just pointless to me and everybody.. (no offense)... It never gets anywhere... Like a mary go round.. You spin around... and round.. and round... and sometimes you'll spin so fast that the whole world seems upside down... But you still hold on tight to keep going and going and going.. and then you sit and relize.. that it never gets you anywhere.. Except one place.

Now, don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to say the person who posted this thread is stupid.. I'm just giving out what I think..
IP Logged

For we have crossed many oceans, and we labor that in between.. In life, there are many quotients.. And I hope I find the mean..
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 01/08/04 at 03:36:00 »

omg u all are so stupid

I truely think it sucks you got your stuff stolen. I know how hard you worked to get what you had. But even tho you didn`t have your crits and another persons in the same account I have to ask. How many people had access to your account? If it is now like it was when you were in TR then I say there are a couple people who knew your account name and password?

on 01/08/04 at 02:41:28, Dominique wrote:

I apologize for not being an elite player such as yourself and have had the opprotunity to be around to see everything you've seen.  You've been playing for 2 years,I haven't even been playing a year,alls I did was have the guts to say what a lot of other people want to say but they constantly get crap like this.  If JLH doesn't want to sort through emails,memos,pages etc; then maybe he needs to hand over his job.  If you're sick of hearing about theft issues,too bad,get over it. Because you're going to hear about it a lot more not just from me. I've only said something about this issue twice. I haven't been around that long to see what has been done and what hasn't been done.  If staff chooses favriots and only does what they want to do to certian people then so be it.  It was my opinion and you tried to shut it down with your 'eliteness'.  You've played for 2 years,big whoop to me.  It doesn't matter how long you've played or how many times you've heard about the same issue.  Like you said theres about 1200 IP addresses,I'm sure theres about 1200 different ways to touch this subject time and time again.

Has nothing at all to do with the amount of time a person has played unless they started within the last 2 days. Because 2 days ago was when the last person posted that they had something ripped by someone they shared with. So 2 days, 2 months or 2 years. Almost daily there is a forum thread created where 1 player ripped another player. You are active on the forums. You have heard/read the stories before.

As for being elite I am far from it. I am like grandfather n00b of NM. I don't claim to be the best, have the best or aspire to be the best. I'm like the town junky waiting for my next fix (The Update).

Suzey from me to you. You seem pretty smart. You knew better, but for whatever reason ignored all the warning signs. Before this incident you were all into the game. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and play the game you enjoyed before you made a mistake. Contact me ingame and I will even give ya...what shall we call it...A NM Starter Kit to help ya get back on your feet. But don't blame others for your mistakes. And least of all the staff. IMO they are honestly trying to make this thing enjoyable for all.

And if it makes ya feel any better I too have been taken before. I saw the signs but ignored em and lost my stuff. I wrote it off as a lesson learned.

O.K. I'm done rambling Smiley
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.