Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Zerkers best nOOb crit? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/26/24 at 23:36:53

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Zerkers best nOOb crit?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zerkers best nOOb crit?  (Read 2715 times)
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

Zerkers best nOOb crit?
« on: 05/26/03 at 11:01:01 »
Quote Quote

I mean, they have got to be, easy enough to lvl (without mass quantities of gold, thieves), high hp, you dont have to buy any armor for them or anything like that all other classes have max equip costs of 1 mill+ with aoh, sgs and stuff zerkers have 125k with hally, 10 mill with csotw i suppose.
I think zerkers were a great addition simply because any new player will have a crit type that they will not have to worry so much about armor and stuff like that.

note-zerkers are pwnage crits at high lvls and are NOT just for new players, i know that all the good players kick the crap out of others with their high lvl zerkers, was simply saying that new players can take advantage of them much easier than any other class i can think of.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
alicia

View Profile

Re: Zerkers best nOOb crit?
« Reply #1 on: 05/26/03 at 12:18:02 »
Quote Quote

they arnt that cheap to train if you dont have a high level cleric.. zerkers munch through hit points like mages eat mana, remember they always get hit for full damage and drop 25hp each time they attack.

an example... when training in desert i need to heal my zerker about five times for ever time i heal ONE of my other crits.

if just using pots it comes out quite expensive....
IP Logged
Bill
England 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 05/28/03 at 10:32:39 »
Quote Quote

I agree with Alicia, and i think fighters are much better "nOOb" crits.
IP Logged
Reactor

Email

« Reply #3 on: 05/28/03 at 10:41:24 »
Quote Quote

their equipment is cheaper and they cant use mods so u dont have to worry about that...
IP Logged
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 05/28/03 at 17:45:28 »
Quote Quote

on 05/26/03 at 11:01:01, -Gaddy- wrote:
have 125k with hally,

I'll never forget buying my first hally.. 60k it cost me..
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 05/28/03 at 22:03:09 »
Quote Quote

on 05/28/03 at 10:41:24, Reactor wrote:
their equipment is cheaper and they cant use mods so u dont have to worry about that...

Anyone who has a crit high enough level and has the gold to buy mods is hardly a 'noob'

Edit - My first hallie cost 75k a dagger of spirits and a pike. I had about 8 DoS's at that point (miss buy) and was trying to get rid of them (my top thief was l20), as for the pike i was trying to get rid of it, thats about 81k in gold and stuff
IP Logged
Mordakai

Email

« Reply #6 on: 05/28/03 at 22:38:48 »
Quote Quote

I didn't pay for my first hally, I found it on the floor of Nightmist weapon shop Grin (This was back right near reset, where nobody was level 20 yet) I then sold it to my friend, then bought it back for a name (I had a level one crit with a name he wanted lol)
IP Logged
Predator

Email

« Reply #7 on: 05/29/03 at 00:03:04 »
Quote Quote

I was given mine.
IP Logged
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 05/29/03 at 03:23:09 »
Quote Quote

I helped kill the demonic general like the 4th time with one of my older chars
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Nocturnal
United_Kingdom 

Elmer Season!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 05/29/03 at 23:08:40 »
Quote Quote

I killed Rats for 8 Days to buy My First Hally for 95k.

I was tired, I stank of Excrement, but I could finally Kill another Player.  Smiley

Those were the days back in the Cyric Cult Clan. (Didn't have Rich pesterin' me for Donations every 10 seconds only to find he shut down the clan and made a new one with a stupid name!)  Grin
IP Logged

Daffy, Custard, Firestorm, Abundance and Nocturnal
Nocturnal Inc.
?
England 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 06/05/03 at 07:07:54 »
Quote Quote

on 05/28/03 at 17:45:28, alone wrote:

I'll never forget buying my first hally.. 60k it cost me..

40k for mine  Tongue
IP Logged

I know you but, do you know me?
Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 06/05/03 at 07:22:00 »
Quote Quote

ahh my first hally was 80k second 50k...mmm I miss havin' rather cheap hally's...and fighters do make better "n00b" crits..I have atleast 7 of'em
IP Logged

Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 07/28/03 at 06:28:05 »
Quote Quote

lol i payed 20k for my first hally... and i dont agree with zerks being the best "noob" crit...
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Teh Fluff
Canada 

tEh FlUfF

56709527 56709527   zicdeh_silver_moon   ZicdehSilverMoon
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: 07/28/03 at 06:32:42 »
Quote Quote

I think now it'd be a pacifist being the best "n00b" crit
IP Logged

alicia

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 07/31/03 at 00:15:59 »
Quote Quote

no way... imagine saving up to buy salve by soothing a skelly at 4hp/round for ten mins only to see a passing adept hit it once and take the kill (and the gold)

If someone would try arching a crit with NO assistance from their other crits/friends crits (including giving gold/items, healing, spelling up, partying with the crit to carry mana/assassinate pkers, dropping/putting on for sale board items to help their new crit out, conversing with known pkers to find out where they are/keep them out of your way, telling clan members/friends whos alt you are so they can help, letting monsters kill/steal so you can power train, sticking alts on yawning chasm so pkers cant enter boss, making you invisible ect ect) you would most likely find the fighter the easiest.
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 08/11/03 at 11:04:18 »
Quote Quote

nah for real..pacifists are by far the best noob crits now...they're very easy to lvl and once they've got DU they're gold annoying persons and can get a halberd or pair of SGs if they get lucky (which people have on the hally..not sure about sgs though).

and personally i see quite a few pretty noobish players with high lvl fighters that they have to spend lots of money on to get equips and stuff when really they could use the gold to save up for a cleric..which someone should teach newer players that a cleric is the best thing you can get when you start out (for usual uses such as training or fighting)...

zerkers cost max of 120kish to deck out for a new player (cause csotw and bot aren't something i'd expect for players to consider in this)

Pacifists are easily the best new noob crit though...it shows too if you notice how many new players only use pacifists now...i mean..no weapons...even at lvl 25 all you really NEED to spend on them is like...10k for fireleaf...60k for SoF + low lvl equips if you want to get them.

Fighters cost a lot of money and get old a bit too quick to be much of a noob crit anymore....unless you have friends that you're just playing around talking to with while you train them..if you're only using a fighter they're pretty gay and you'll quit...or thats what i did...played with Evan and Chase while i got lancaster to lvl 23 or so..he was my only crit for the first 2 months or so that i played i think...

lol..my first hally costed 75k i think..maybe 80..not sure..remember i bought it off Masta_flash though lol and w/o staff for that matter...
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 08/11/03 at 11:11:38 »
Quote Quote

on 07/31/03 at 00:15:59, Alicia wrote:
no way... imagine saving up to buy salve by soothing a skelly at 4hp/round for ten mins only to see a passing adept hit it once and take the kill (and the gold)

If someone would try arching a crit with NO assistance from their other crits/friends crits (including giving gold/items, healing, spelling up, partying with the crit to carry mana/assassinate pkers, dropping/putting on for sale board items to help their new crit out, conversing with known pkers to find out where they are/keep them out of your way, telling clan members/friends whos alt you are so they can help, letting monsters kill/steal so you can power train, sticking alts on yawning chasm so pkers cant enter boss, making you invisible ect ect) you would most likely find the fighter the easiest.

but you see, even most newer players can get friends in the game...most wouldnt do most of that stuff..but a friend that'll lend them 15k..or noobs doesnt really mean that they ONLY play 1 crit...could have a fighter or something around lvl 15 or so with blade of honor and make the gold for salve and stuff pretty quick in the sewers...but really fighters are not very good noob crits..im tellin ya..it is what i started with...they're not very helpful high lvl and not as fun to play since they dont do anything that helps them pk...which is most of the fun for many people...i never really did much pking unless i was hit first til i had new crits..and lancaster was my only crit til he hit around lvl 23 (thank goodness for Loveless and DH..they helped me out so much when i was starting out).

Edit- but really my point was that people will lend you gold or you can make the gold fairly easily for those spells, most high lvl people will not but there are some people who're pretty cool...i know i've seen Amy give noob players around 5k when they were asking for a little gold to buy spells for their druid.  Some people in game are pretty nice to new players...
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: 08/11/03 at 20:55:43 »
Quote Quote

I disagree. In my opinion, Fighters are the best class for new players. They are easier to level, they don't have to buy costly spells, they have pretty good HP etc etc. Why would a new player want to stick with a Thief or Ranger that will take him a month to get to level twenty, when he can have a Fighter which can be level twenty-five? As far as your cost argument goes, I don't think it is quite valid. Pacifist spells cost a lot. Justice Zone alone costs a little under half of a spiked set. A Shield of Faith costs more than a Spiked Set as well. Also, with the gold making. Fighters are quite good at making gold. Believe it or not, back when I was a pretty new player, I made about 70k in a day, with my fighter. That was when he was level 20'ish.

Fighters own.

P.S. Berserkers smell.
IP Logged

Tanis

Camp Kill Yourself

NM+Tanis
View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 08/18/03 at 18:03:23 »
Quote Quote

on 08/11/03 at 11:04:18, -Gaddy- wrote:
nah for real..pacifists are by far the best noob crits now...they're very easy to lvl and once they've got DU they're gold annoying persons and can get a halberd or pair of SGs if they get lucky (which people have on the hally..not sure about sgs though).

I got SGs with a lvl 19 pacifist Grin
IP Logged

You know what makes me happy?
The things that make you sad.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #19 on: 08/18/03 at 18:57:49 »
Quote Quote

lmao, mainly because about 10 or so other people got it to mod/mort, then you came in and got the lucky kill.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.