Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Berserkers ARE... »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
04/25/24 at 11:14:47

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Berserker Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Berserkers ARE...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Berserkers ARE...  (Read 941 times)
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

Berserkers ARE...
« on: 12/30/03 at 11:23:13 »
Quote Quote

Berserkers are raging NAKED crits IN Nightmist.

I am posting this because it seems kind of dumb to me that there are so many posts about  
"Zerks should get a little armor cause...",  

"In real life back in the day zerkers would have worn cloths or something...",  

"Zerkers should be able to wear this because there is no way that it wouldn't fit them or their style..."

This is a game.  We shouldn't try to bring up histroy class to dispute how a class of crit is made/used in the game.  
(although current thieves ought to be named assassins since they cannot to nuts w/ steal anymore really)

They are raging naked crits carrying around weapons that usually go with fighters.  I think it ought to be accepted as this instead of complained about.

The only arguement that i could see being made about armor is that if they cannot get extra armor from equipment great axes shouldnt take off armor from them.  The should definatly be strong enough to wield the weapon without it making them much slower or dumber than they are with a hally.  

(this is nothing against the class, i like to use mine, but they honestly seem like they'd be slow, semi-retarded, psychos)
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

Re: Berserkers ARE...
« Reply #1 on: 12/30/03 at 11:26:15 »
Quote Quote

My zerker has a high intelligence and wisdom, therefore he is NOT a raging psycho, especially as I never use rage. If my zerker wants to wear clothes, he should be allowed to. You can't just base it on what you would THINK a zerker is, you should base it on what they actually are.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Everlast
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Örïgïnål Prånk§tër

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 12/30/03 at 11:48:37 »
Quote Quote

Well, im not trying to mock you, but zerkers are actually non-existent now...

Pandi has made this class as a no-armor class for good reason.  If it can't wear armor how can it wear clothing?  Giving them armor would make the game completely unbalanced.

It is not a ****ing democracy, JLH and Pandi's decisions are the law.  All I'm saying is it is dumb to argue something that they say is not happening.

I could see clothes just to increase look-over size, but if we're doing this realistic at all, if a little ring gives me 3 armor then any cloth on me had better give at least 1.  If i can wear a big cloth why cant i wear a big leather outfit? Steel outfit?  If it cannot wear any armor then they wouldnt have made anything for them to wear at all.  Besides, none of the other crits in game get to wear pants and such non-sense, why does it matter if the zerkers can wear a big t-shirt? (chain hosen doesnt count, archie dun use them enough)

As for intelligence, Doublement as smart as it gets for the used zerker races, and he is dumb like a brick in his RAGING attacks where he goes in so recklessly that he hurts himself in the process.  However, also very deadly. (if there is a half-elf w/ perf intel is the only way to get it higher, i've not seen many half-elves)
IP Logged

Everlast is the voice of reason, take heed, take heed. -Deval Feb. 4, 2004

Find me on Gaddy.
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 12/30/03 at 12:09:48 »
Quote Quote

on 12/30/03 at 11:48:37, Everlast wrote:
Well, im not trying to mock you, but zerkers are actually non-existent now...

Wow, thanks for sharing your vast intellect with us.. i'm sure nobody knew that.

Giving them armor would make the game completely unbalanced.

Try coming up with an argument for what we actually want to happen. Nobody suggested letting them wear armor.

It is not a ****ing democracy, JLH and Pandi's decisions are the law.  All I'm saying is it is dumb to argue something that they say is not happening.

Yes, it's their game, but that doesn't mean we still can't suggest things.

I could see clothes just to increase look-over size, but if we're doing this realistic at all, if a little ring gives me 3 armor then any cloth on me had better give at least 1.

How would wearing cloth give you a bonus armor? A sword is going to go through cloth just as easily as if it wasn't there. And the ring gives you armor because its enchanted, the cloth isn't.

As for intelligence, Doublement as smart as it gets for the used zerker races, and he is dumb like a brick in his RAGING attacks where he goes in so recklessly that he hurts himself in the process.  However, also very deadly. (if there is a half-elf w/ perf intel is the only way to get it higher, i've not seen many half-elves)

Being in a rage doesn't make you stupid. Not only that, he doesn't hurt himself. I always assumed that you took damage because you left yourself open to attack. Because NOBODY can damage themselves when attacking someone.  

What about smite then? Can I wear clothes when i'm using smite? Thats not a rage attack at all, in effect its just punching somoene, or hitting them with the flat end of your sword/halberd.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Raven
Australia 

Lasden In Game

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 01/12/04 at 09:32:46 »
Quote Quote

a beseker is just some strong guy who wants to do nothing but fight and attacks soo recklessly that he hurts himself
that in MY OPINION is what a zerker is
IP Logged

Swift, swift, you dragons of the night, that dawning
May bear the raven's eye
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.