Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - The Selling of DA. »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
06/06/24 at 11:40:08

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Clan Forum
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   The Selling of DA.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Selling of DA.  (Read 2281 times)
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

The Selling of DA.
« on: 12/27/03 at 03:25:17 »
Quote Quote

First off, before any moderators lock this topic, just know that John gave me permission to post this topic to get all the facts straight about DA.

Secondly, I’ll start with a little story of the clan named DA. DA was originally made by Rob aka Astinus. He shared with Rick at the time (strike ONE, staff do not support sharing). Well, Rick decided to steal the clan because they shared the chairman character.

Next, Rick sold the clan to Will aka. Anarchy. Staff did NOT stop this from happening because staff do not support sharing.

Will bought DA because the clan house was larger then his current clan house illuminati. Since Will bought DA he has put millions of his own gold expanding the clan house and making a really awesome clan. Recently as you all may know he decided to merge with BoD and sell his clan house. This was met with resistance because of the clan’s stolen background.

I do not see why the clan being stolen has any affect on the selling of the clan house. First off, JLH put in the chairman position to prevent this type of thing from happening. When clan house selling was first put in, the theft of clan houses went crazy, most of them were allowed to be sold because if you are stupid enough to trust a thief with chairmanship/foundership it is your own fault.

If I were to own a clan that had 40+ rooms but I were to transfer chairmanship to some newbie who then stole it, It is my own stupidity and I would blame myself.

Chairmanship was put in to prevent ANY disputes about clan and clan house ownership. Whoever has chairmanship of a clan is the ‘commander and chief’ of that clan and clan house who can do with it whatever he pleases.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Celerity
United_Kingdom 

Full offence intended.

View Profile

Re: The Selling of DA.
« Reply #1 on: 12/27/03 at 03:51:35 »
Quote Quote

Sounds right, I didn't know the story but people opposing the selling of Will's clan when he owns the chairman sounded abit strange.
If some newbie clan with 1 room was stolen by someone sharing with the chairman I seriously doubt anyone would step in to stop it being sold, and instantly lock any topic regarding it...
IP Logged

Payne

ïMmÓrtÅ£ ®ôß

View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: 12/27/03 at 04:41:24 »
Quote Quote

on 12/27/03 at 03:25:17, Matt wrote:

Will bought DA because the clan house was larger then his current clan house illuminati. Since Will bought DA he has put millions of his own gold expanding the clan house and making a really awesome clan. Recently as you all may know he decided to merge with BoD and sell his clan house. This was met with resistance because of the clan’s stolen background.

[/b]

ROFL will put millions of his old gold? plz fool u just came back to play nm and u didnt join da till like 1 week before BoD came up he put nothing of his own gold so if u wana tell a story get your facts str8 fool
IP Logged

Page/Memo Astinus,Payne,Apocalypse in game

http://www.geocities.com/baby10884/Watch.jpg
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 12/27/03 at 05:12:29 »
Quote Quote

I think he meant by buying the clan house from Rick.
IP Logged

Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 12/27/03 at 05:17:11 »
Quote Quote

http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=Discussion; action=display;num=1060140973

Rick posting that he was wrong for stealing the clan and that it did not belong to him.

http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=Clan;action =display;num=1058512902;start=0

The original theft post where both sides fight amongst themselves. Theft is theft, just because you buy something that was stolen doesn't make it yours. Rob worked really hard on DA, Will purchased it for 5.5mil...thats nothing compared to what it's worth. When Will purchased it he understood it couldn't be sold because I remember monitoring the trade between him and Rick. I paged him and said something along the lines of 'you know it can't be sold back right?"

Rick even called Rob on the phone to make sure it was "ok" to sell to Will. I'm sure both sides can vouch for that.

Yes, Rob made a mistake but so has Anarchy many times and his mistakes have been 'fixed'. Why can't his be fixed as well?

Numerous times people have been stolen from and staff have tried there hardest to fix the situation...This is just another one of those times.

Thank you, Goodnight.
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 12/27/03 at 05:26:31 »
Quote Quote

The clan was stolen period. Rick admitted it in his post and he will probably still admit it to this day. Rick was not able to sell the clan because of the fact it was stolen. Why should will be able to sell it back? because he paid for it "Player to Player"? Will knew it couldnt be sold back that is his own fault. I also find it funny how someone who had nothing to do with this situation is making the post. Why not will? Or are you looking to get a sum of it?
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Diagonyte

Hardly on(ingame): mostly on weekend nights.

sykoshealer
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 12/27/03 at 05:40:46 »
Quote Quote

If the clan was stolen why is it being sold i dont think that should be allowed its not fair :s

~Baker~
IP Logged

There is no good or evil there is only power and those too weak to seek it.-Tom Marvolo Riddle(J.K.R.)
Diagonyte,syko_ s_healer,ludo_bagman,achilles,abra,da_wraith,inuyasha_sama
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 12/27/03 at 05:47:24 »
Quote Quote

Oh, how suprising!

BoD think it should be sold, TR think it shouldn't. Never would have guessed that it would happen that way Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 12/27/03 at 05:52:29 »
Quote Quote

I have been against this clan being sold even before BoD existed, Meph.

btw.

Diagonyte=BoD
Payne = not TR
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein
Mephistroth
United_Kingdom 

Thanks to Anubis for letting me use the image :P

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 12/27/03 at 05:57:07 »
Quote Quote

Hadn't noticed that Diagonyte had joined bod, sorry.  

I guess I should rephrase it then Tongue Most people who don't want BoD to do well will say it shouldnt be allowed to be sold, while most people who like BoD/are in BoD, think it should be sold.
IP Logged

Ok, so I kinda didn't ask.. oh well Grin
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: 12/27/03 at 06:12:35 »
Quote Quote

This might not be the place, but I think the staff should have an equal view on theft of characters.
IP Logged

Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 12/27/03 at 06:19:48 »
Quote Quote

on 12/27/03 at 05:57:07, Mephistroth wrote:
Hadn't noticed that Diagonyte had joined bod, sorry.  

I guess I should rephrase it then Tongue Most people who don't want BoD to do well will say it shouldnt be allowed to be sold, while most people who like BoD/are in BoD, think it should be sold.

As I previously stated, I have had this opinion on the situation since the beginning. When it comes down to it. It doesn't matter what BoD or TR think, it's what JLH thinks. I am coming at this situation as a member of the staff, not TR.
IP Logged

AnArChY
USA 

DoNt SInG It  JuSt BrINg It

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 12/27/03 at 06:38:24 »
Quote Quote

guess i'll reply since i bought it ive donated gold not just bought it and when i bought it ..it had 36 ,27 spaces and rob disbanded da before i even join bod and most of main ppl that help da they either join bod or quit rob being one he quit and plays rev mostly i mean if im in bod wut point having da  .
IP Logged

AnArChY/Murder/Streetz/Lizard/Speed/Driveby/Freestyle
Payne

ïMmÓrtÅ£ ®ôß

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: 12/27/03 at 06:45:08 »
Quote Quote

you prob mean 36-37 spaces cuz it sure as hell dint have 27
IP Logged

Page/Memo Astinus,Payne,Apocalypse in game

http://www.geocities.com/baby10884/Watch.jpg
Ringleader

Email

« Reply #14 on: 12/27/03 at 06:49:19 »
Quote Quote

What does TR not wanting DA to be sold have to do with BoD, surely you're not so naive as to think Will would donate all of that gold to a clan that hasn't even been around a couple of months.  Much less the fact that he couldn't get his gold back if it went to buying rooms and BoD fell...

I hadn't realized that the clan had been the same clan that'd been stolen..was a tad confused on a few major points to this.  I've always been partial to the fact that old DA was Rob's clan.  I would think it fair if the only way it could be sold back to JLH for the ammount it ought to be sold for like most clans (3/4ths ch worth correct?) would be if Rob was ok with it.

I'm not going to try to go into great efforts either way since I was never in the clan.  Both of them are my friends in game.  My original post was just asking some ?s for a pal.  Thank you for the answers to them staff.

Peace,
Gaddy
IP Logged
Tanis

Camp Kill Yourself

NM+Tanis
View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 12/27/03 at 07:14:00 »
Quote Quote

My opinion is that the clan is Rob's, therefore, sell the clan, but give Rob the gold. It's his clan house, he worked to make it and all that jazz.

And second of all, the rules say sharing is not supported, but it also says that when someone disputes a sale of a clan house, it will not be sold.  

So, let's all holds hands and sing the song of TOO BAD. : )
IP Logged

You know what makes me happy?
The things that make you sad.
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #16 on: 12/27/03 at 08:16:30 »
Quote Quote

Will has already put a lot of gold into BoD. We don't expect any of the clan house gold to be donated. I posted this because I think it is crap to not allow the fair sale of DA to the current chairman of the clan.

What Rob did is basicly give chairmanship to someone, and he got jipped. Like I said, JLH put in Chairmanship to prevent these kind of problems, but despite the 'risk', he shared with someone who screwed him over.

On the theft page under clans:

Being so difficult to manage clan problems, staff will probably never intervene in any way. Exceptions involve server errors which leave you at a disadvantage.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Zephie
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Kalypso in game.

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: 12/27/03 at 10:20:40 »
Quote Quote

will probably never does not mean never.  

read what you're pasting.

IP Logged

AnArChY
USA 

DoNt SInG It  JuSt BrINg It

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 12/27/03 at 12:10:43 »
Quote Quote

fact is if i didn't give rick like 6 mil gold to get da rick would of sold it to jlh in first place  i asked rob if it be ok if i bought da he said yea i dont see why it matters tho seeing rob dont play nightmist and im one who paid to get da back from rick
IP Logged

AnArChY/Murder/Streetz/Lizard/Speed/Driveby/Freestyle
Sublime
USA 

Dý§fûñçtîøñäl

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: 12/27/03 at 14:24:59 »
Quote Quote

omg people why the hell do any of you care anyway?... was it your clan your gold your time put into it... no so let the man do what he wants with 'his' clan the he did buy with his own money... now weather or not staff was involved makes no differance.... he bought the clan fair and square so stop pregnant doging about it and let the man on his way...

William sell the clan... you paid for it so i see absolutely no reason for you to keep it if you have no purpose for it.

I swear if its not 1 thing you guys are pregnant doging about its another i have advice for all of nm and that is

Mind your own gd business... im sure if this was you wanting to sell your clan you would all be in an uproar about it.

Everyone wants wants wants but nobody ever gives.... just let the man have whats entitled to him and move on with your lives its a game for christ sake.
IP Logged

B
u
M
p

Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.