Reply To Toms Poll

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 The Matrix

The Matrix
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 12:14 AM

Tom i was really disgusted by your post saying get rid of paci (and i wasnt happy that u locked replys either) i just got a paci today (lvl 28) and i think its great they can make way more money quicker than my fighter (lvl 30) and are great for getting rare items (such as sgs) for your paci or other crits. Overall pacis are a very good race and a would hate to see then end like this.

If any1 has an opinion plz post here!

EDIT: this isnt really an edit, its just to say i noticed my typos and just ignore them i cant be bothered changing at this time (1.15 am)

Edited by The Matrix, 16 August 2004 - 12:15 AM.

#2 Someone

Someone
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:35 AM

I'm not angry, because I just think it's his opinion even if I disagree. My Paci is only level 17, and I don't get what is so horrible about them. They can make a lot of money if you want to sit on them, but personally I just like it because I'm not always in the mood to fight/PK/be PKed and they're a way to play (and perhaps even role play) without that and just explore the world at your liesure.
Öö`°´Ångél`°´öÖ

#3 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 07:40 AM

PACIFISTS SUCK AND ARE JUST ANNOYING
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:26 AM

Like it or not, Pacifists are here to stay.

I admit there are some people who abuse Pacifists, such as casting Greater Pact on an enemy clan so their own clan can claim a boss drop. But most of us are honourable, friendly people.

They do have their uses - they're great for exploring, they are a good fundraising tool (not as brilliant as some people make them, but good), they are good for protecting people on boss squares with Justice Zone (nothing wrong with that), they are good for role-playing, and I find them good to chill out on when things get hectic.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Vardoth

Vardoth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:58 PM

Thank you crane this is my new account btw :P that was the kind of reply i was looking for.

#6 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:46 PM

Tom i was really disgusted by your post saying get rid of paci (and i wasnt happy that u locked replys either) i just got a paci today (lvl 28) and i think its great they can make way more money quicker than my fighter (lvl 30) and are great for getting rare items (such as sgs) for your paci or other crits. Overall pacis are a very good race and a would hate to see then end like this.

Lmao, not liek i could care less. I saw a party train in RG with a paci thinking their safe and i still ripped em up...so they don't really bother me.

But, what you're saying here is (roughly translated)
"I'm a big noob who can't make money on my real characters, so i use a pacifist to bore myself to death and make money along the way to pay for things for my other characters"

And as we all know, that's exactly why they we're put in. Go Paci's!
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#7 Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:17 PM

But, what you're saying here is (roughly translated)
"I'm a big noob who can't make money on my real characters, so i use a pacifist to bore myself to death and make money along the way to pay for things for my other characters"

And as we all know, that's exactly why they we're put in. Go Paci's!

hey, that worked for me when I started :P

got my vault and hally from my paci, its a nice way to start, but I enjoy making gold with varied crits, but its helpfull for a beginner to have this as a stepping stone

#8 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

delete pacis now plz ktxhbai

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:04 PM

delete pacis now plz ktxhbai

Please Penguin, your voice has been heard; you do not need to reiterate it. And I would like to hear a good reason why you hate them so much, not just "delete them" or "they suck".

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#10 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 11:48 PM

A: its far to easy to make gold with them

B: they are a pest, they interupt what REAL classes are doing

C: there is no threat TO them, yet there is a threat FROM them

therefore, we are forced to conclude they are a form of GOD

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:01 AM

- They can't make gold as easy as a group of Berserkers and a cleric.
- Other classes can be annoying too if used in certain ways, and a Pacifist is a real class because it's there.
- There is no threat from them; they can't kill or injure you directly.
- They aren't a God; they are merely protected by a Deity.

Edited by Crane, 25 August 2004 - 12:02 AM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#12 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:07 AM

-berserkers should be deleted too, but they do in the case that there is no threat you will lose what you have to pkers

-not anything comparable to the annoyance of pacis

-they can DIRECTLY cause you problems without any threat to themselves and they often times to kill because people don't always have the chance to see if a paci is there

-they are gods

#13 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:16 AM

Some people are just make bad-pacifists. I'm sure if their deity weren't so busy with...whatever deity's do, they would get smote so fast...

Anyways, it's clear that there's only one solution that will make both parties happy and that's to simply "take away" Pacifists from people who want to abuse them. However, that's obviously a stupid solution and would never be used.

Penguin, you're just going to have to bite your lip and live with this one (as hard as that is for me to say). Pacifists won't be removed and unless you're willing to wait the bazillion years it will take for a proper solution to rear its face, maybe it's time to start looking for ways to just cope with it? ^^;;
Posted Image

#14 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 12:24 AM

NEVER!

#15 Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 03:42 PM

-berserkers should be deleted too, but they do in the case that there is no threat you will lose what you have to pkers

-they can DIRECTLY cause you problems without any threat to themselves and they often times to kill because people don't always have the chance to see if a paci is there

-they are gods

so is there any class you actually like as you are taking out 2 so far?

#16 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

penguin, behave or forum ban
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#17 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 09:39 PM

He is actually making valid points... Everything he has said about pacifists is true.

#18 Marko_Polo

Marko_Polo
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 12:02 AM

What are so wrong with Paci's? I don't know why you all are whining... They don't pk... YAY!

#19 Someone

Someone
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 04:05 AM

Doesn't seem to be much of a point to me. The purpose of a pacifist is non-violence, so if you're talking about them stopping attacks with Justice Zone or GP or whatever, that's their purpose much like Clerics heal, Thiefs assissinate, etc. That people don't take the time to check if there is a Paci about, is not the Pacifist's fault rather the person who doesn't look. That's like blaming a cop for pulling you over because you didn't look to see if he was there.
Öö`°´Ångél`°´öÖ

#20 Mercutio

Mercutio
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:05 AM

Doesn't seem to be much of a point to me. The purpose of a pacifist is non-violence, so if you're talking about them stopping attacks with Justice Zone or GP or whatever, that's their purpose much like Clerics heal, Thiefs assissinate, etc. That people don't take the time to check if there is a Paci about, is not the Pacifist's fault rather the person who doesn't look. That's like blaming a cop for pulling you over because you didn't look to see if he was there.

Hmm... and I was under the impression a thief's purpose was theft...

Only one problem with pacifists that is wholly unfair:

You take a mage and have a friend log his/her paci on, you go to a high-traffic area, cast invisibility on the paci while it has JZ on, and though no-one can see the paci, they attack the mage and die.

That should be changed.. :P
You call it nagging. I call it constructive criticism.

#21 Someone

Someone
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 05:22 AM

Well realistically a thief would steal :P But in this game they're used for assissinations more often it would seem.

But I do agree with you on that point though, should be made so either invisibility can't be cast on Pacis or Pacis can't use spells when invis or something.
Öö`°´Ångél`°´öÖ

#22 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 12:31 AM

-they are gods

so is there any class you actually like as you are taking out 2 so far?

fighters, clerics, rangers, druids, paladins, thief are the ones that seem somewhat balanced as of now

#23 Vardoth

Vardoth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:49 PM

WTH 23 posts (Or something near that) pretty good for a not thought out thread that i did in he early hours of the morning just wait till tommorow night and my post count will rocket with things like this.

#24 Vardoth

Vardoth
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:57 PM

Could one of the moderators please delete this thread i started it a while ago and its getting annoying now.

#25 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 10 September 2004 - 03:12 AM

or maybe I won and none of you can face the truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users