• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Last night I had a dream that I tried to log on Nightmist, and a message came up saying the game was no longer available, and the servers would be down permanently.

#2 PrimeX85

PrimeX85
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:59 PM

nope

#3 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Last night I had a dream that I tried to log on Nightmist, and a message came up saying the game was no longer available, and the servers would be down permanently.

Close. Except you will be able to log in and no one else will be on.
Freek ingame.

#4 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

:lol:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#5 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:08 PM

I was actually quite mortified in my dream. But I rarely play anymore.

#6 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hahahah

Yeahhh TBH I'm shocked there's still more than 5 players that even log in once a month anymore. I'd guess the servers will be brought down for good by 2015. I know what JLH has said in the past that he'll keep them up as long as there is someone playing, but yeah I still believe they'll be down in a couple of years.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#7 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

Probably a pipe dream.. but pipe dreams are the best.

I've always been in full support of a multi character "NM offline" that we could download and play the game on our home computer solo when the main servers are eventually brought down.. I would just imagine its not worth the time for admin or developers to make and to create/release patches or whatever would be needed if people had bugs or problems on thier home version. It would take a patch or something that can /reset the bugged parts of the game without destroying the players items/chars and other saved data.. or maybe a monthly or bi-montly autopatch/fix that would help keep things running smoothly.

It will be a shame when it goes down, but I doubt anything like that will be made. I would probably download it and play it solo at home when bored just for nostalgia years down the road if it was lol.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#8 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:40 AM

Probably a pipe dream.. but pipe dreams are the best.

I've always been in full support of a multi character "NM offline" that we could download and play the game on our home computer solo when the main servers are eventually brought down.. I would just imagine its not worth the time for admin or developers to make and to create/release patches or whatever would be needed if people had bugs or problems on thier home version. It would take a patch or something that can /reset the bugged parts of the game without destroying the players items/chars and other saved data.. or maybe a monthly or bi-montly autopatch/fix that would help keep things running smoothly.

It will be a shame when it goes down, but I doubt anything like that will be made. I would probably download it and play it solo at home when bored just for nostalgia years down the road if it was lol.

Sadly I don't see that ever happening. Myself and dozens of others begged JLH and Pandi to let us download the pre-reset client of Nightmist and play it offline, but they wouldn't do it. Makes me sad to this day because I would KILL to be able to play pre-reset Nightmist again. Mainly for Nostalgia purposes. I mean hell, it's been over a decade since I first joined Nightmist in the old world pre-reset. Was great to be so young playing it.

#9 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

for real brother.. it would be a great thing!

maybe if "joop" and "stfu" Edwards made a comeback we could force them into making it. :lol: hahahaha.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#10 stfu_edwards

stfu_edwards
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

:lol: see Exor.. lmao.. for real though couldn't believe I remembered this password

#11 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I was never a very aware pre-reset NM player, so it'd be practically a whole new game for me.

I'd hope the data is still around. I'd love to play.

Edited by Cruxis, 24 May 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#12 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

I was never a very aware pre-reset NM player, so it'd be practically a whole new game for me.

you were a tiny lil dude back then! everyone that plays/has played NM should atleast get one chance to try the old pre-reset NM!

I can't even remember my character name from back then(maybe hostyle, trach or swoop)... but I tried it for a little bit and then my computer took a dump and I didn't come back until well after reset when I got a new one.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#13 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

I think that's how JLH should kill nightmist. Turn the game off and open the pre reset version for a little while. I would love to give it a go as well.
Apocalypto

#14 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

:lol: see Exor.. lmao.. for real though couldn't believe I remembered this password

HAHA Wowwwwwwww now that is some nostalgia! The whole Joop Edwards family was classic!

And man it's surprising to see people that never got to play pre-reset actually want to try it out. Would seriously be amazing if JLH could somehow bring it back. I'd be there in an instant. Make Android_20 again the Nomad Barbarian wielding some beastly Razor Claws. Go farm the ol bosses like Ogre, Harlequin, etc. Man see, THAT was a server perfect for 1 Alt. JLH should have brought the pre-reset server back and made it the 1 alt server. I mean hell it was tuned basically for players playing on just one character. Since no one really had even thought of the idea of using more than one.

#15 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:51 AM

An offline version of Nightmist would suck. You may as well just play the game online.
A single play version wouldn't work on the world layout, the game would have have to have an entire storyline to follow, with several hundreds puzzles and twists to make it at all interesting.

If it wasn't for copyright law and all that bullnuts, I'd just remap the entire game using my own game engine and put it up when Nightmist goes down.

However, I do have a Nightmist-style game in the works, which will play very similar to Nightmist (You've probably seen some posts and screenshots).

#16 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Eh I'd totally play an offline version of pre-reset Nightmist if no online version were around. If not simply for nostalgia purposes. An offline version of todays nightmist however.... pass

#17 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

Maybe if it were an offline version with a client to create your own area's ect, people might be apt to play. Could actually be a good idea to further develope the game while it is online. Submit finished areas to staff and they can ok them or trash them. EZPK free area developers without staff hacks.
Apocalypto

#18 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I would play a pre-reset version or a version of the current multi alt server offline!

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#19 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Playing the game offline requires files that are stored on the server be saved on your PC. *cough*hax*cough*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users