4 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:04 AM

similar to smite rewrite: http://www.nightmist...showtopic=27623

Basically, I'd like to rewrite assassination. If the thief is covert, you could keep it the same as it is now, "You were assassinated."

BUT if the thief is uncovert, I'd like to see HOW they have assassinated me. I mean it doesn't just happen, does it? Something like:

Shrooms is here with you.
With incredible speed, Shrooms flicks a throwing knife through a chink in your armour, piercing your heart. You die instantly.

Hitokiri is here with you.
Nimbly evading your blows, Hitokiri delivers a fatal blow to the back of your neck with his Emerald Dagger.

Devotchka is here with you.
bbl lol
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:46 AM

That makes sense, and your write-ups look pretty good.
Dunno how likely it is to be added though...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

I like a bit of diversity in the game, so I support this. Saying that though, unless the character is wearing no armour at all or just a slab of leather, or their armour is severely damaged, it is unlikely that you will find a chink directly over the heart; the neck is a perfectly good target though.

Edited by Crane, 02 June 2008 - 05:56 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

it is unlikely that you will find a chink directly over the heart

unlikely for you maybe, but you're not a grandmaster assassin :ph34r:

And yes, I know about how on earth is it ever gonna get added...but that doesn't mean I can't suggest it, lol.

Devotchka slips from your vision for a split second; before you can react, her razor-sharp knife slides quickly across your throat, releasing your life in a smooth red flow.

The second part of this idea involves looking at your status. If your armour is bashed about - i.e. if you only have say 50% hp left, it would say the Shrooms message when you die. If 75%, the Hitokiri message. And so on and so forth.

Which would of course require yet more coding...

Edited by Raylen, 03 June 2008 - 01:10 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:06 AM

Devotchka slips from your vision for a split second; before you can react, her razor-sharp knife slides quickly across your throat, releasing your life in a smooth red flow.

That one is I33t.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users