Photo

New Mini-boss To Drop Seals Of Betrayal.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Three well-developed areas past Land of the Dead (namely Forest of Silence, Darksparrow Castle and Orchard of Spirits) seems to be unjustifily forgiven and underused. Key availability seems to be the prime reason for this - even dedicatedly camping Spirit of Olist will earn only handful seals, barely enough for a occasional trip to kill winged vampire and even rarer, for paladin area trips (which only few people does anyway). Almost nobody ever bothers to train there or kill death knights for their unique drops and certainly noone in several months(!) had ever went to play with elementals.
This idea is to introduce additional key dropper and also to add spice to another extremely profitable but somehow repeative area.

Elven ghost
Can spawn randomly at four-ways in The Bone Garden (former Necro Santa spawn places). Unique spawn so only one can exist in game.

Look over:
A barely visible form of elven commander still clad in ghostly armor, fallen in a battle centuries old. Cold emotionless expression is shown upon his face as he moves shiftly to extract his eternal vengeance on you. Elven ghost is in healthy condition.

Elven ghost attacked you with it’s ghostly spear for xxx damage.
Elven ghost stroke forth left arm and gust of freezing cold wind rushes at you, damaging you for xxx damage.
Elven ghost slowly fades from sight. (camouflage)

Is undead, can self-heal, can camouflage.

HP and other stats same as Spirit of Olist from Tirantek.

Random quotes:
Elven Ghost: Our warriors will not be forgotten..
Elven Ghost: Harabec empire will not last.
Elven Ghost: That is how they repaid our kindness..
Elven Ghost: Vengeance must fall upon our murders’ descendants.

Death message:
You healed an Elven Ghost for xx points of damage. Temporary disturbing its link with mortal realm.
Elven Ghost: My kins will avenge me.

Drops:
Seal of Betrayal – 25%, Elven Chainmail Gloves – 1%, Elven Chainmail Boots - 1%

Elven Chainmail Gloves
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, pacifists, Description: These extremely comfortable gloves how no signs of wear, or corrosion, as if they were crafted just yesterday. Metal feels unusually light and flexible, yet strong like tempered steel. The process to create it is known only to master elven smiths., Level needed to equip it: 25, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Elven Chainmail Boots
Armor base: 3, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: These extremely comfortable boots show no signs of wear, or corrosion, as if they were crafted just yesterday. Metal feels unusually light and flexible, yet strong like tempered steel. The process to create it is known only to master elven smiths., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Does not play well with others.

#2 Sarna

Sarna
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

sounds good

Sarna main Sarna 1alt

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

I think you mean 'forsaken' instead of 'forgiven'.

Almost no-one goes to the Orchard of Spirits now due to the availability of the keys required and the fact that the Elementals have been nerfed to the point that isn't really worth fighting them, for gold or experience; Druids are better off sticking on the forest bears while Pacifists are better with Vampire Bats.

I'm not too keen on another boss dropping the Seal of Betrayal, but the Bone Garden is a fairly logical place to put such a mini-boss, as it is largely the Drow (and hence Elves) who safeguard the seals to the Land of the Dead, and I'll back its placement if there is wide support for it, although I would prefer if its drop rate for a Seal of Betrayal (assuming a similar spawn time to the Spirit of Olist) is 20% or less, so the Spirit of Olist is still the optimum boss to farm, being harder to get to in general and being around an area not best-suited for training healers.

Might I suggest a name like "Elven Wraith" or "Undead Elven Soldier" or something? The Elven Barrow Wights are affected strongly by the Templar's coveted Sword of Light, and such a name for this mini-boss will give it the same treatment. Also, since camouflage will allow players to walk away, regardless of it being kill-to-pass or not, should it call upon Elven Barrow Wights occasionally to lock crits in place? Just throwing ideas into the pot!

I presume Thieves cannot wear the Elven Chainmail Gloves in order to force them to put up with the -1 Constitution modifier of the similar Iron Gauntlets.

Edited by Crane, 21 May 2008 - 07:19 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

I have some other plans for the bone garden, but I don't mind seeing the Seal of Betrayal be made more accessible. I'll let this sit for a bit to see if it gathers support.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#5 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:44 PM

I like this idea a lot. I think the mini boss should be kill to pass, and SoL have the same effect on it, as Crane had suggested. I would also suggest dropping Seal rate down to about 10%, drop gloves and boots down to a rate a little higher then BB, and make it an hourly spawn, with a 5k gold drop. I definitely support this idea. Although I would be very interested to see what Trevayne had in mind.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

I agree that it is an interesting area that is underused.
However, I think that is largely due to the lack of need for anything in the area---and that it isn't super exp or gold. Vampire Fangs being the only drop really needed for anything.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

supported
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#8 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

i like the idea of having another way to get that seal
supported :ph34r:
Neo Ingame

#9 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

Yeh, I hate driving all the way to Tirantek for it, or buying from other players.

Supported.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#10 Zeus

Zeus
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

supported
Hit me up on Cracka

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

I always considered the Bone Garden to be a training area and little more, a sanctuary to Elven ancestors, but one that has been corrupted by an undead horror that seems to plague the realm, probably a leftover from Norinth's uprising. Still, it will be interesting to see what's in store for this area.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#12 Orgy

Orgy
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

Supported.
Tear ingame.

#13 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

i think if the seal was more accessable (on both servers) this would be nice

Although the fangs drop in 1a would have to be droped to like 1% to avoid killing off hawk talons.

As a note i always thought that lvl 31 druid boss would have been cool in that spirit area heh

But supported in general

xxx
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#14 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

I used to farm the Spirit of Olist on a paci.... its simple enough... doesnt take too long to gather a inventory.. maybe a few days. I like the ideas for new things to do in this area more then the need for another seal drop. easier seal drops will make the prices of stuff obtained in there even less costly because it wouldnt be a big deal to get in ... and if Trev is planning something for the area it might actually get people off thier bums and up to tirantek for seals just to check it out! :ph34r:

alot of the posts I read just are trying to make NM more simple for the lazy people, which I am one of ;) but aren't games supposed to be a good challenge from time to time or atleast time consuming? .. its already nopk on multi isn't that enough?

What about just making the Spirit of Olist's % to drop Seal of Betrayal a little higher if people are having a hard time getting seals?

This is coming from someone who doesn't have a character over lvl 26 (rest are 24 or under) so I don't wanna hear any "you got chars to get to tirantek easily so you wouldnt care" rambling. :)

Edited by Gnarkill, 31 May 2008 - 07:21 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#15 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

maneaters are ktp, thats the problem

#16 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

I used to farm the Spirit of Olist on a paci.... its simple enough... doesnt take too long to gather a inventory.. maybe a few days. I like the ideas for new things to do in this area more then the need for another seal drop. easier seal drops will make the prices of stuff obtained in there even less costly because it wouldnt be a big deal to get in ... and if Trev is planning something for the area it might actually get people off thier bums and up to tirantek for seals just to check it out! :ph34r:

alot of the posts I read just are trying to make NM more simple for the lazy people, which I am one of ;) but aren't games supposed to be a good challenge from time to time or atleast time consuming? .. its already nopk on multi isn't that enough?

What about just making the Spirit of Olist's % to drop Seal of Betrayal a little higher if people are having a hard time getting seals?

This is coming from someone who doesn't have a character over lvl 26 (rest are 24 or under) so I don't wanna hear any "you got chars to get to tirantek easily so you wouldnt care" rambling. :)

I'd used to farm Spirit of Olist myself using same tactics, but found it very boring and not too rewarding.
Also amount you give seems to be wild off...Full inventory in a few days is impossible unless you are extremely lucky or stubborn. For that you would have to kill Spirit of Olist 14 times in day on average (drop rate seems to be 33%). Killing it 5 times in day (more realistic amount) will net you full inventory in about three and half weeks. By that time, I'd surely treat seals as if they were made of gold and surely not up farm the spirit again anytime soon.

Edited by Sleeping, 05 June 2008 - 01:56 PM.

Does not play well with others.

#17 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'm starting to realise the inconvenience of not having any Seals of Betrayal, needing drops from the Winged Vampire, and not having any crits in Tirantek. At the time of posting, the cheapest seal on the website is priced at 100,000 gold pieces. Of course, a simple inconvenience or bout of laziness is not really a good excuse to give the Seal of Betrayal a second boss to drop it. Having a boss in the Bone Garden would make it a lot easier to obtain one, but it's my own fault for not trying to collect a few before I last left the mining town.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#18 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, now think about the problems we have over on 1a...

Someone do something!!

Also, what's that area just south of nm. Aglon the Scourge? You could knock something up in there to drop seals ez.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users