Can't Log In

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Phibie

Phibie
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:54 AM

When I try to log in I type in my password and account name and push enter and it just goes to Connection established and after a minute it says "Server could not be found...." after that i tried the alternate port/dns and it still won't work ;)

Phibi - main / Survivor- 1a

#2 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:56 AM

yea same here but that could just be from the update jlh just posted
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#3 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:15 AM

Yeh i think everyone is having the same problem...

alot of wired stuff been happening in the world of nightmist today, best thing you can do is just sit and wait for JLH to fix whatevers wrong...
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#4 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:22 AM

/nod

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#5 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:34 AM

JLH's lines are down. He hasn't resigned back on to MSN *he is always logged on to MSN whether he's sleeping or not* So just have to wait till his lines get back up.

#6 snizzlesnaps

snizzlesnaps
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:22 AM

i had the same problem as every1 else goes to connection established then says remote host dropped connection heard in game bout a maneater spawning below sewers in bt and sand spider spawning at rh fountains...really weird

#7 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:28 AM

It looks like there is a problem at NTL, so this is most likely out of JLH's hands. The server and some parts of the website (which do not depend on game data) are hosted from www.mrgigabit.com, so these will be unaffected.

Technical details follow:

Traceroute is showing a break somewhere within NTL while trying to reach the game server. From my location, tracing to nm8080.nightmist-online.co.uk does resolve to the IP 82.12.223.87 and usually goes as far as nott-t2core-b-pos51.inet.ntl.com [62.253.188.38] before failing. I was unable to find any useful system status from the NTL homepage.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#8 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:00 AM

I saw a Sand Spider at RH fountain, it was weird..

#9 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:22 AM

I saw the Hedge Lord at the windia pub, he was pretty drunk. Then Jared assassinated him. But the random monster spawns have absolutely nothing to do with the NTL lines being down, that's just staff having fun.
Jaded ingame.

#10 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:26 AM

LMFAO @ RJ.. Niiiiiiice

#11 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:37 AM

marauders now spawn giant leeches when they die, and none of them the marauders or the leeches attack, free gold :wub:

(or at least thats what i saw on trip to TK yesterday(no drop) ;)

Edited by combusta, 04 April 2006 - 05:37 AM.

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#12 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:42 AM

The odd monster spawns that happened sporadically in the last 24 hours were caused by the server... we still don't know exactly why. To the best of my knowledge, JLH corrected the problem shortly before midnight GMT. This has nothing to do with the NTL lines. Please keep this thread related to the connectivity problem only.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#13 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 05:44 AM

Same thing here in the United States and in Austrailia friend cant log in either. Pretty much just wait itll fix eventually.

#14 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:09 AM

Yeh, I'm havin' problems logging in as well.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#15 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:23 AM

NTL changed all the IP addresses for people in this area
The DNS has been updated and will take several hours to work arround the net, or use Alternate DNS which updates as soon as I told it too.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#16 Urgency

Urgency
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

JLH any clue when NTL will have everything sorted out so we can access other parts of the site?
Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end no matter how hard we fight. Tupac

#17 Trojan

Trojan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:42 PM

I have been getting the same problem for 2 days now? Is everyone selse still facing the same problems?

#18 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:43 PM

Dunno what yall talking about, works fine for me ;)

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#19 Misunderstood

Misunderstood
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

Won't let me log on either i get as far as pickign the crity i want to log on then it just freezes there and doesn't log anything one is anyone on nightmist atm

#20 Trojan

Trojan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

Sorry started working again ;)

Edited by Trojan, 04 April 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#21 Kyran

Kyran
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:43 PM

Ok, for some reason I can log in using my old computer with windows 98, but on my computer with windows XP I get the following :
I log in, where I can choose which character(s) I want to load. When I select one, it just sits there for a long while, then "Connection dropped by Host"

It's the same thing when I try the auto-login from the same computer, but I have absolutely no problems with Win 98. What's going on ?

#22 Hoick

Hoick
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:24 AM

Same thing, Game must be Offline atm. ;)
Main: Hoick
1a: Constellation

#23 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:29 AM

yep, good old NTL, back now ;)
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users