Photo

Your Favorite Game Console!

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Favorite Gaming Console, and Why? (105 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Favorite Gaming Console, and Why?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:36 PM

Sorry if I left any out.I was just naming the top 10 i could think of.I also know this has been done before on the old forum, but i thought I would do one here.

My votes for the PS2.Its an all around great console IMHO.I love the games.It has great graphics, and the controllers pwn. :).Heh i guess its kinda tie between that and the PC.But the ps2 is my fav.

Whats yours? :blink:

Edited by Exor, 18 March 2004 - 07:46 PM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#2 Akira

Akira
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:46 PM

Pc isn't a console, n00blet :blink:.
Anyway, of the others it is hard to choose just a single console, due to there being so many good games on a range of consoles.
I'd say... N64, Snes and Megadrive as the top 3, but setting aside the Gameboy as a handheld in a different category :).
You have to forget about what other people say, when you're supposed to die, or when you're supposed to be loving. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.

#3 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:47 PM

well PC may not be a console but ima still count it as one. :)

#4 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:49 PM

Pc is teh win

#5 Bill

Bill
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:01 PM

SNES, so many awesome games with great gameplay.

I wish I still had one. :)

#6 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:02 PM

PS2. Anyone who voted for PC should be shot :)

#7 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:54 PM

NES simply because its hardcore and old school...I played soo many great games on that lil console, and quite a few of the more popular games now started out on that.
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#8 The_Final_Climax

The_Final_Climax
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 08:58 PM

Hard choice between Ps2 and Xbox. Most Xbox games run over onto Ps2, and vice versa. But I'ma fan of Playstaion all the way :) . The PC is probbly the best though, with emulators and such, any system/game you want, plus all the PC games. So, Ta-da.
Deceive or be Deceived. Thus, Flourish or Perish.

Eesha ingame.

#9 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 09:02 PM

One day ur "xbox owns" next day "xbox sucks ps2 rocks" "woah pc is ace" wtf Alex lol

#10 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 09:06 PM

:)

#11 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

PS2, cause' I say so. End of discussion.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#12 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:03 PM

the original Nintendo is the best
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#13 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:37 PM

Anyone who picks an old console is a moron, i know you're trying to look cool. But i got a nes here and it sucks, also got a snes and it sucks, got a sega and it sucks.... It was cool when they came out, but they seriously suck now...

Anyways i pick PS2, simply cause i dont have an xbox, dont like microsoft and sony just pwns. I have over 80 games on it, but i rarely play it anymore. But if PC was a valid option i would go for that, seeing as i work on it and play on it...and mostly both at the same time.

#14 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:41 PM

Gah I clicked send before realising I had chosen PS2 and not the Genesis. You all know the genesis was the greatest of them all.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#15 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 10:59 PM

PC obviously would be the best median for playing games... but...it really doesn't really count as a console.

Also, my vote goes to the SNES. The SNES and the GBA are pretty much the only medium I can find RPG's for.

Sure, you have Everquest and...err...I think it's called Myth...on your Next Generation consoles but... don't you get tired of "WE HAVETA KILLL TEH WIZZIRD!!!!!111oneone11"?

I think about it and the PS2 only has FFX-2 and .hack//INFESTATION and Kingdom Hearts...

Good games in their own right but...Lufia and Tales of Phantasia and Chrono Trigger...those are timeless classics and will never die in my heart as the best RPG's of all time.
Posted Image

#16 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:01 PM

Shining Force is coming out on GBA.
*squeels like a girl*

You can find information on Shining Force anything and everything at Shining Force Central

You can find info on the GBA remake of Shining Force at the Atlus Website
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#17 The_Final_Climax

The_Final_Climax
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:11 PM

Mmm. Shining Force. Loved it. Liked SF2 the best though. Might have to look into a GBA..never really was a big fan of the portable consule deals, but I rember when I was a wee' child I had one of those Sega-game gear deals. The bulky portable sega, that used about a million batteries for operation, and weighed around ten pounds. Ah..those were the days. :)
Deceive or be Deceived. Thus, Flourish or Perish.

Eesha ingame.

#18 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:21 PM

My friend wore out the A button on hers. XD
Posted Image

#19 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:41 AM

Voted: Xbox

You can store music on it!!! That to me is just simply amazing..we came all the way from atari and that lil > ship that flys around blowing up rocks into smaller pieces (wut was it called astroids?..i had a big ass arcade of it along time ago) anyway..we came all the way from that to where we have kick ass graphics and can put our own music on there and listen to it whenever..thats awsome.

SNES owns..so many good games for it..so many

#20 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:46 AM

NES Or SNES.

They both had a large amount of good game, AND they have some AWESOME RPG's on them too.

Yup yup.

P.S: Gamecube blows.... My friend bought one just recently and now it is sitting at my house cause he doesnt want to play it anymore.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#21 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:05 AM

I, personally, don't see the point of an X-Box (although it does make quite a nice table).

All the good games that come out for it just go right to PC anyways. Also (I think), you can buy an X-Box controller for your PC.

If you have a PC, there's really no point in an X-Box.

Lastly:

Posted Image

Thank you Penny Arcade. You never cease to provide us with immeasurable amounts of wisdom. :)
Posted Image

#22 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 08:07 AM

One day ur "xbox owns" next day "xbox sucks ps2 rocks" "woah pc is ace" wtf Alex lol

1. I hate Xbox's, always have, always will.
2. PC isn't a console
3. I just bought a PS2.. of course I like them.

:blink:

#23 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:08 PM

i like PC, coz...i've owned

PC
N64
GameBoy
SNES
GameCube
NES

Playstation are good, but i can't afford a PS2 right now, ill just wait till they drop in price lol.. by that some something greatly advanced and superpowered might come out, like XB2 ROFL! ermm... *cough*

And about the size of an Xbox controler.... Do you complain about how big your PC Keyboard is? lol

#24 Guest_Angelus_*

Guest_Angelus_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:37 PM

And about the size of an Xbox controler.... Do you complain about how big your PC Keyboard is? lol

We would if you had the keep it in your hands all the time...

#25 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:47 PM

1. I hate Xbox's, always have, always will.
2. PC isn't a console
3. I just bought a PS2.. of course I like them.

:blink:

Well you said before that PS2 had crap games, you looked at Xbox ones and said they were great and that Xbox was better...meh just what you said

#26 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:58 AM

I think the most important thing to remember, is that you can run almost any game from any other gaming platform, on a PC.. With the possibility or better graphics, smoother running and easier controls (having the option of game pad/mouse/keyboard, or a mix).

Edited by alone, 20 March 2004 - 10:58 AM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#27 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 03:42 PM

Well you said before that PS2 had crap games, you looked at Xbox ones and said they were great and that Xbox was better...meh just what you said

All of the decent Xbox games are out on the PC and are better. Why would anyone waste £150 getting a worse version of a PC? Yay, the xbox stores music... *loads up Overnet and watches the music being downloaded (or not being downloaded.. NEED MORE SOURCES!*

PC
N64
GameBoy
SNES
GameCube
NES

PC ISNT A CONSOLE! Argh...

GBAs are pretty cool though. Useful for long, boring journeys :)

Edited by Malavon, 20 March 2004 - 03:43 PM.

#28 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:46 AM

All of the decent Xbox games are out on the PC and are better. Why would anyone waste £150 getting a worse version of a PC? Yay, the xbox stores music... *loads up Overnet and watches the music being downloaded (or not being downloaded.. NEED MORE SOURCES!*

PC
N64
GameBoy
SNES
GameCube
NES

PC ISNT A CONSOLE! Argh...

GBAs are pretty cool though. Useful for long, boring journeys :)

PC can be whatever the moose you want it to be. I think it was added for the simple fact, that you can play games on it.

Usually when a game comes out on PS or whatever, it comes out on PC and is twice as better. Take driver for example. On PS, it didnt include...

Cruise Control, Flashing speed indicator when ur over the limit, and many other things (which i have no clue about). lol. but whatever.

#29 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 03:09 AM

I can play games on my cellphone...why isn't that on the list?
Posted Image

#30 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 03:59 AM

Ah yes, the old classics, like Chrono Trigger. Compaired to this time the graphics suck. But i care about gameplay and i love RPG's for that. FF7 is my favorite. Why is FF-X2 the only FF game with New Game+. LIke Chrono Cross and Trigger. I never got Frog's ultimate weapon on that game. Anyone know how to defeat The ghost at that old biulding. I think its Glenn's Ghost.

Edited by Ryuku, 21 March 2004 - 04:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users