Photo

Stats: Let's Get A Definitive Article Here.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Pwent

Pwent
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

Everyone knows the basics of stuff like str and con and whatnot, but there's a lot of stuff I'm a little lost on. Can someone please tell me exactly what everything affects. Not just "wisdom gets you more mp, str makes you do more damage" but like, what affects fizzle ratio, what affects how much you heal for, what affects how much you can be healed for, etc etc. I've heard conflicting things about all this and I need to know once and for all so I can roll crits more confidently.

Oh, and yeah, it has been a long time and I'm finally back. Too bad I gave all my stuff away when I quit to my friend who immediately wasted it all. Ugh... Yup, startin' from scratch save for my lvl 29 paci and 23 zerker I wisely held on to. But yeah, stats, info, etc. Gogogo.
Stupid people hate me. Something about constantly proving them wrong I guess.

#2 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:45 AM

Strength
This is how hard you can hit something, it varies in effectiveness between classes. For instance a mage with 19 strength will not hit as hard as a berserker with 19 strength.

Intelligence
Only effects one class, being mages. It defines how much spell damage a mage can do, and also determines the fizzle rate. The higher the intelligence that a mage has, the better.

Dexternity
The hit/miss rate that a melee attack has of success. Also effects the hit/dodge rate a class has to avoid a melee attack. This should be as high as possible for all classes.

Constitution
This governs how much HP(Hit Points or Health) that a class will have. Once again it is class dependant, a mage with 19 constitution will have less hp than a berzerker with 19 constitution.

It also affects the distance a thief can travel whilst covert. A covert thief with high constitution, will travel further per stamina than a thief with low constitution.

Wisdom
It controls the amount of MP (Mana Points or Magic) that a magic class (mage, cleric, paladin, druid, pacifist) will have. This is also class dependant as a mage with 20 wisdom, will have more MP than a cleric with 20 wisdom.

Affects how much spell damage a druid can do, and also determines the fizzle rate. The higher the wisdom that a druid has, the better.

The amount of HP a class can heal for is varied with wisdom. The higher the wisdom a healing class has (excluding pacifist) the more they will heal themselves, and others for.

Wisdom also reduces the damage taken by a spell casting class. The higher the wisdom a class has, the lower the damage a spell will do. Higher wisdom also has a greater chance to resist the spell totally, or partially resist.

Other spells, usually armor enhancing are increased with higher wisdom. i.e. a cleric with 20 wisdom will increase it's armor with spells more than a cleric with 18 wisdom.

Charisma
This effects how well a ranger can hypnotise you. It effects both the success of the ranger, and how well you resist it. A ranger with 20 charisma will successfully hypnotise a class more often than a ranger with 12 charisma. Also a class with 20 charisma will resist hypnotise better than a class with 12 charisma.

Charisma also effect the amount of HP a healer will heal you for. A healer with 20 wisdom and 20 charisma will heal you and themselves for more HP, than a healer with 20 wisdom and 12 charisma.

Pacifists healing is solely governed by charisma, it affects how much the heal for, and how often the heal fizzles out.

If I have missed anything please post what I missed

Edited by Eternyte, 13 November 2005 - 05:46 AM.

I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#3 Pwent

Pwent
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:59 AM

Awesome! Thanks so much. You missed one thing though: Cleric fizzle rate is governed by what?

#4 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:47 AM

A few additions/modifications:

1) When healing players, it is the charisma of the recipient of the healing spell that matters, not the charisma of the spell caster. For example, a cleric would heal a thief with 18 charisma for a few more points than a thief with 12 charisma. When healing undead for damage, it is the charisma of the spell caster that matters. A cleric with 20 charisma will do more damage when healing a zombie than a cleric with 18 charisma. (All of these are rather small effects though... having better wisdom is more important than having high charisma.)

2) For pacifists, charisma determines the amount of damage they do with the spell "Depurate Undead," which cannot be used to heal players.

3) I *think* that constitution also effects how likely a thief is to be discovered while covert, but I can't confirm that... anyone know for sure?
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#5 Xeon

Xeon
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:57 AM

To Aeryn: Yes that is correct, the greater the constitution of a thief, the less likely it is to be spotted while covert.
Xeon Ingame

#6 Pwent

Pwent
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:11 AM

Right on, so what stat governs Clerics' fizzle rate?

#7 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:47 PM

AFAIR all fizzle rates are based only on one stat - the level of the caster

(Difficulty of spell also comes into it, so Heal fizzes a lot less often than Stormwrath from the same caster)

#8 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:14 PM

i believe intelligence also affects rangers and druids ability to forage, e.i. higher intelligence = more likly to find *something*
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

i believe intelligence also affects rangers and druids ability to forage, e.i. higher intelligence = more likly to find *something*

Time and time again it has been said that intelligence matters to one and only class - mages.

Edit: And I might as well throw this out there - I'm still hearing rumours that constitution affects how easy it is to recover from poison.

Edited by Squee, 13 November 2005 - 04:19 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

It does in most games of this type but ive only owned 1 crit which was 1 off in constitution in my nm career so I guess its kinda hard for me to affirm whether or not it does actually affect it.
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

AFAIR all fizzle rates are based only on one stat - the level of the caster

(Difficulty of spell also comes into it, so Heal fizzes a lot less often than Stormwrath from the same caster)

Naw, fizzles aren't like that.

The level of the character plays a major role in everything(from healing to hitting and back again), but fizzles are also wis based for everything except for mages/pacis---which Andy covered.

Edited by Gaddy, 13 November 2005 - 07:28 PM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 07:29 PM

It does in most games of this type but ive only owned 1 crit which was 1 off in constitution in my nm career so I guess its kinda hard for me to affirm whether or not it does actually affect it.

Umm...ling/dwarf = 3 con difference. That's a fairly good way of seeing the difference in covert movement or poison, etc.

Edited by Gaddy, 13 November 2005 - 07:30 PM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#13 Shaginator

Shaginator

Criff

• Members
  • 1668 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:28 PM

wasnt talking about covert movement if you will notice the post above me the topic was recovering from poison etc etc
Overthrow/Redemption - 1a

Existance - Main

#14 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 03:03 AM

thief steal gold hit/miss also matters on dex, and i think flaming arrow chance of poison goes by ranger charisma
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#15 Pwent

Pwent
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 05:10 AM

What stats affect success rates of Assassinate? I'm assuming Dex as well as level? Or is it just level?

#16 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 07:45 AM

Yes, the higher your dexterity the more frequently successful your assassinate is. Everything becomes more proficient with an increase in level.

#17 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

wasnt talking about covert movement if you will notice the post above me the topic was recovering from poison etc etc

Yea, but about an hour before you posted that is when I edited mine.
Dwarves and Lings still have 3 con difference to check poison with...I don't see how it changes at all since we ought to know that classes don't get different poison rates.

#18 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

con *used* to affect poison

anacondas used to poison for 200-odd (might have been 300-odd, was long time ago) then some new code made the poison amount dependant on constitution.

Trouble was people good enough to take parties to chronos also tended to be sensible enough not to use alts with crap con (Europa excluded, but he's a paci).

As such anacondas were reduced to a pathetic 10-ish on halflings and even less on 21-con dwarves, and chronos was made far too easy.

Poison was since restored to a straight 100-odd (for anacondas, frogs slightly less) after constant complaints from people taking parties up there and always getting mowed down by a mage (you can still mow people down, but there are so fewer people up there now theres less chance of catching a party, hence its less rewarding to risk taking a mage up)

#19 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:48 PM

Right on, so what stat governs Clerics' fizzle rate?

its based on 2 stats intell/wis if you have 18 wis and 19 intell it will fizzle less but if its 19 wins and18 intell you will fizzle a little bit more but if there a Prerfect stat like sya 20 19 or what ever a elf clerics perfect stats for wis and intell is you will have a better heal/Fizzle ratio now if your above lvl 18 you will have aid the higher the lvl the more you heal if you have 17+ wiz/int

Edited by Kakarott, 07 January 2006 - 02:50 PM.

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#20 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:55 PM

Intell has nothing to do with clerics fizzle rate you tool. It's purely wisdom.

#21 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

Sorry to bump an old topic but I feel this is important.

69) Chance for poison to wear off is now based on your constitution.

Link
Posted Image

#22 Boys Night Out

Boys Night Out
  • Members
  • 1059 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

lol, in sight of all this... JLH is one smart mother duck
Tread lightly, as you tread on my dreams...

Hansol ingame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users