Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Bluefrost Mountains/Mountain Pass »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 04:07:12

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Bluefrost Mountains/Mountain Pass
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bluefrost Mountains/Mountain Pass  (Read 813 times)
Joppa
USA 

gimme back that stomach hat you thief

View Profile

Bluefrost Mountains/Mountain Pass
« on: 09/13/03 at 10:43:00 »
Quote Quote

I havent thought of much of a story yet... but heres a brief summary.

North of arilin, accessible through the forest is the enormous mountain range non other than the Bluefrost Mountains. These mountains were once seemingly impossible to cross until a long forgotten mountain pass was discovered. On the other side of the mountains are The Great Plains of Faravar.  
The mountains alone are a great feat to pass over, even when using the pass. Storys of old tell that many men died while making the pass, for the rock beneath your feet isn't reliable, and avalanches occur without any warning. The few elders that lived at the time seem to have tried to block it out of their memory.. all they say is that something lived up there that made people disappear... never to be seen again...

Heres some descriptions for the mountains (i havent worked on the plains yet):

Large Forest:  You are standing in the forest. The ground slopes upward to the north...  The trail continues North and South.

Large Forest:  The trees are becoming less dense as you near the Bluefrost Mountains to the north. The ground is worn here, and branches have been bent to form somewhat of a tunnel through the trees. It appears this is the path to the pass. You can go North toward the mountain or South into the forest.

SoAndSo Pages You from Large Forest (Mountain Path): wakka wakka

-----------------------

Mountain Base: You stand at the foot of the Bluefrost Mountains. A sign is bolted to a large rock in front of you. You may proceed Up the rocky path or South into the forest.

/read : Bluefrost Mountain Pass, proceed at own risk. The Plains of Faravar await you on the other side. DO NOT LEAVE THE PATH!

Bluefrost Pass Entrance: The snow covered mountains that lie before you are much like you've heard about in stories of old, only much greater. Gloomy clouds prevent you from seeing the top, although you get the feeling it's much too tall to see even on the clearest day. A bone-chilling wind is blowing from the path and you begin to appreciate the warmth of the forest. You may proceed Up the rocky path or South into the forest.

SoAndSo Pages You from Bluefrost Pass Entrance (Bluefrost Mountains): cream of sumyungai

----------------------

Bluefrost Pass: You are on a steep and rocky path. The once well groomed road is now weather-beaten and unclear. You can continue North and South along the path, or you may explore the uncharted mountain side to the West.

Bluefrost Pass: The path on which you are traveling appears to only get more rugged as you proceed up the mountain side. You catch glimpses of animals disappearing behind rocks, or atleast what you think are animals. The snow seems untouched and makes you wonder if you are going the right way..  You can continue North and South along the path, or you may explore the uncharted mountainside to the West.

SoAndSo Pages You from Bluefrost Mountains (Bluefrost Pass): *bling* *bling*

-------------------

Bluefrost Mountainside:  You've walked onto a narrow cliff. Looking over the edge you realize that to fall would mean certain death. You may continue along the snowy ledge East and West.

Bluefrost Moutainside:  You look around to see nothing to hold on to if something unpleasant were to happen. Rocks slip from under your feet and fall down, for what seems like an eternity, until they shatter against the jagged boulders below.  Something tells you this isn't a safe place to rest. You can ease East or West along the ledge.

SoAndSo Pages You from Bluefrost Mountains (Bluefrost Mountainside): the going gets tough

---------------------

Icy Cave:  You entered a large cave, and you get the feeling you're not alone... You can advance North deeper into the cave, or turn back South to the mountainside.

Icy Cave:  This cave seems much too large for any creature you've ever heard of, yet it appears to have been carved out by something unnatural.  All you can hear is the echo of water dripping from the dangerously sharp, spear-like icicles. Carcasses of polar bears and mountain goats are piled in a small corner. Something tells you that your days could be numbered if you stick around.  You can advance North deeper into the cave, or turn back South to the mountainside.

SoAndSo Pages You from Bluefrost Mountains (Icy Cave): help
-----------

Creatures on the mountain:
Ice Troll scout (ice trolls could have a campsite on the mountain)
Ice Troll guard
Polar Bear
Mountain Goat
Wooley Mammoth
Frost Giant

Creatures for the Plains:
Lion cub
Lioness
Large Lion
Black Bear
Large Black Bear
Zebra
Goblin warrior  (goblins would have several campsites on the plains)
Goblin shaman
Goblin captain

Edit: (to staff) I have more ideas on this that i don't wanna give out to everybody... also i've done some map making of the mountains in MSpaint. Leave me an email to send it to if you would like to talk more... my email is Nickusb@hotmail.com
IP Logged

"Is that your blood?" "Some of it, yeah"
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: Bluefrost Mountains/Mountain Pass
« Reply #1 on: 09/14/03 at 06:06:50 »
Quote Quote

I like the concept.  Try to make your descriptions less of first person.  Also specify monster strengths etc.  Btw, if this idea ever went up then I'd probably have other location plans...
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
dec
Ireland 

Don't F**K with the Irish

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 09/16/03 at 17:26:48 »
Quote Quote

i like it Grin
IP Logged

http://goten677.tripod.com
BadAngel

ÇørrüŞtïøñ.

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 09/17/03 at 11:46:34 »
Quote Quote

I like it too.  Your descriptions are nicely detailed.  Could almost feel the cold when u talked about the avalanches and the snowy ledge etc.
IP Logged

::from her cloud she shops ebay ,.,. looking for the perfect stomach hat::
Foxie
Great_Britain 

Kortisimou
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 09/17/03 at 19:04:52 »
Quote Quote

I love it  Kiss it's fantastic but i love any collection of words that sounds good, be they prose or poetry or anything else, but this doesnt only sound good it sounds great Smiley
IP Logged

There's no turning back now you've woken up the deamon in me!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.