Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Arcane Sanctuary »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 09:24:32

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Arcane Sanctuary
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Arcane Sanctuary  (Read 513 times)
Mystick

The Wabbit Hunter

View Profile

Arcane Sanctuary
« on: 07/21/03 at 00:31:53 »
Quote Quote

Moonlight and I have spoken, as well as many other players that hold classes that can or may depend on healing for leveling.  Moonlight has offered to help as much as possible and has tossed in many ideas for this area.  I will say this, give us 2 days and everything will be done completely.  That is given that Moonlight works quickly on transferring everything that's being sent.

History: Thousands of years ago there was a team of four students, a cleric, pacifist, druid, and paladin.  These four students found it difficult to learn the arts they wished to learn because of public idealism.  To hide their studies, they travelled south of Dendeya.  There, they found nothing but barren wastelands.  Figuring there would be no harm to the nature of life, they decided to build their home, their own world to practice as they saw fit.  Many months later though, a tragic error was committed.  A portal was opened late night at the rise of the full moon.  The students didn't realize what they had done.  As the undead passed through the portal while the students were sleeping, they quickly staked claim.
The magic shop is what's left of their home.  The evil killed the young team of magic doers and their essence has been sentenced to a life of service to the undead

Monsters: Vampires, Mummies, Liches, Banshees, Giant skeletal snakes, skeletal orcs, Giant spider zombies.  There will be a few traps to watch for which will cause heavy damage.  There is a total of 6 levels to the sanctuary.  This Area is for those only that may heal.  Hitting any creature with a weapon will do very little, if any, damage. The first level being suitable for all levels (10 and up) and each level will continue in level of difficulty.  There will be a boss, (won't tell anyone but staff who and what that is)

Magic Shop: You are in a deserted magic shop.  The Magic Shop exists to the north.

The presence of evil lurk in the air causing the small hairs of your neck to stand.  Groaning is heard below the floorboards, evidence of beings roaming the nearby area.  Below your feet is a small, unlocked trap door.

Arcane Sanctuary Path: The Arcane Sanctuary path leads to the south, or you may return to the magic shop by going up.

The path is covered with dust.  The smell of mold fills the air mixed with the sounds of growls and hisses.  The walls of the Sanctuary are made of a moist, sticky clay.

More information to follow within the next few days, including full descriptions as well as a map for staff to examine.
IP Logged

You may be strong and fast but there's always someone out there stronger and faster than yourself.
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

Re: Arcane Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: 07/22/03 at 04:21:44 »
Quote Quote

I like this idea, especially because since the opening of pacifists there just seem to be not enough areas for healing classes to train. The forest of souls with it's skeletons may be nice for lower lvls, but once you hit lvl20 it's just not worth it anymore. The necro tower has the lvl cap of 21, and the rax are swiped clean all day. Seems the only place left is the museum, and not everyone wants to pay the now skyrocketed prices for museum keys.

Maybe the descriptions could use a little work, but other than that I totally like the idea. It would thin out the amount of pacifists in the barracks, if they can expect some sort of boss drop for their own class there.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 07/22/03 at 06:14:24 »
Quote Quote

Yes i like this idea very much.  Not only because of pacifist but because lower lvl clerics need another place to train. The rax gets clerics raped, the museum could get you killed and make you lose 5 crits full of mana and some exp (hasnt happend to me, but that is because everyone there was friendly, it could be much different) and then as they get higher lvls those are still the only places to train them, dendenya is a very secluded area where south of it would be perfect for a new area. (i think i said something in another post suggesting pretty much this exact thing, south of dendenya, floors where bosses get harder, and all undead stuff, but that i would be far too lazy to make the area and describe it or make a story, and mine wouldnt be any good, i find this one pretty good)
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 07/22/03 at 06:48:24 »
Quote Quote

The area seems well set up however another healing area i dont think is needed especially with a mana shop right in the same area. Even with the addition of pacifists healing should remain the same. Adding more and more areas to train by healing will make the game a cake walk instead of a challange. Just my thought on it.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 07/22/03 at 16:53:49 »
Quote Quote

But but but... ANDY! We want this area so your clan can have the rax back!  Grin Kiss
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 07/22/03 at 17:04:57 »
Quote Quote

See thats exactly what my point is tho. Another healing area will just make the game easier instead of a challange. Like i said once before i think the area is relly nice but it will take the challange out of the game.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
Mystick

The Wabbit Hunter

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 07/22/03 at 17:43:31 »
Quote Quote

Well I mean no offense to anyone when I say this but it seems you all are just focusing on the fact it gives the pacifists other places to level.  Fact is, this is for ALL classes that can heal.  The boss drop will be for those classes as well if Staff approves it.  So it is an improvement for more than just one class.  I mean even a cleric, one of the harder classes to level only has so many places to train and still is pk'ed like mad.  I don't know about you all...but I've tried training a cleric and it's frustrating to sign onto just a cleric and work on it...only to have every bit of exp plus some taken because they're an easy target for like Rangers and zerkers.

Every other class has many different choices in leveling, Sarka, museum, Jahanna, North of BT, south of BT, RG, south of RH, Dendeya and other places...so I guess if it's making the game too easy for the healing classes to have this place, then perhaps it's making it too easy on the other classes to have as many choices as they have...not to mention..with the pacifists class out now...the clerics get even less of a chance to train because the barracks is over run with pacifists
IP Logged

You may be strong and fast but there's always someone out there stronger and faster than yourself.
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #7 on: 07/22/03 at 17:52:26 »
Quote Quote

Training healers is fine.. its extremely easy.
IP Logged
Mystick

The Wabbit Hunter

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 07/22/03 at 17:54:48 »
Quote Quote

Perhaps for you it is..the group that's working with me..we're just trying to add to the game and give more opportunity to level and train without feeling like we're in a sardine can
IP Logged

Valeska

¨·°¤«Lädý Ðêàth»¤°·¨

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: 07/23/03 at 13:08:09 »
Quote Quote

it's not so bad i want to see the whole thing. BTW, the monster Banshee is already being used for another area that is ingame but not open yet, so you may want to replace it Wink
IP Logged

http://caprikorn.vze.com & http://samusmaps.vze.com/
Mystick

The Wabbit Hunter

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/23/03 at 17:41:43 »
Quote Quote

Thank you Valeska and we're now finishing the maps and final bits of the area involved before submitting the complete works for review.  Also thank you for informing me about the banshees, those will be replaced of course.  Wink
IP Logged

Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: 07/24/03 at 01:19:06 »
Quote Quote

training healers, sure, pretty easy after they get aid and such, but it'd be nice if there were more than 2 places to train a lvl 22+ cleric or pacifist, walking around the 2nd floor of the musuem with a cleric and 5 thieves holding mana REALLY gets old, cant go to the rax cause you'll be pked almost definatly within 15 mins of going there on a lvl 20+ cleric, it isnt a matter of difficulty when you get into that because it is plain unreasonable to think of training a lvl 25+ cleric outside of the musuem because going to the rax will just lose you exp every time and very quickly.  I think it would be nice to have more areas to go to and just kind of wander around training since the 2 areas that are available for clerics to train are extremely simple and get old pretty fast, 2nd floor is great for gold and such but sometimes really the gold just isnt worth the boredom.  Training off the SK wasnt bad, but its not every day that i could go to the SK and have Allstar's crits and anoter person that was there stay friendly with me and not cause me to lose exp and mana.  It sounds like once they get ontop of it there are tons of new areas opened for the regular fighting classes, jen seemed to be mad because her areas have been ready and the people needed arent checking them out and putting them into the game as quickly as though ought to, and a new area for mages is a good idea also.
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 07/25/03 at 22:02:59 »
Quote Quote

hmm...you would need a new name... Arcane Sanctuary is part of Diablo 2... I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it being used in another game...
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
Mephistroth

Email

« Reply #13 on: 07/25/03 at 22:16:40 »
Quote Quote

I don't think there going to be bothered..
IP Logged
Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 07/26/03 at 20:39:17 »
Quote Quote

it shouldnt be healers only, but with that they should take away the mana shop (to allow people to bring alts to carry mana...thieves just like into the zeum) because a mana shop in the area would make it seem a little too easy and stuff...
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Mystick

The Wabbit Hunter

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 07/27/03 at 00:23:02 »
Quote Quote

Well we could do away with the magic shop totally but when Moonlight gets done with her part of it...you'll understand why I suggested a magic shop at the beginning of it
IP Logged

Doublement

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 07/27/03 at 04:31:19 »
Quote Quote

lol, i wouldnt then either, i'd have to have staff like it enough to put it in game, then go play in hte area to understand really, but i like the idea of making the area and stuff, especially how it is out in the boonies, i hope it is apporved and added, and i would think by the time it is in game it'll be just regular training since all the pacifist craze will be over in the..well..rather long time i'd think they'd take to actually add it and open it.
IP Logged

Slippin' by DMX

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.