Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Descriptions by Pandilex..? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/13/24 at 23:40:21

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Descriptions by Pandilex..?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Descriptions by Pandilex..?  (Read 809 times)
alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

Descriptions by Pandilex..?
« on: 07/11/03 at 02:01:13 »
Quote Quote

Going to have to wait much longer? Im not sure if many other things have them missing.. But a lot of things to do with Druids do..

How long is 'coming soon' ...??
IP Logged

Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

Re: Descriptions by Pandilex..?
« Reply #1 on: 07/11/03 at 04:14:34 »
Quote Quote

There are many items, spells etc that are worked on by Pandilex. When I was Halor I was doing them, gave them to Pandilex, but they were never put in. Pandilex said they were very good, and even made the comment "If you keep doing work like this you may stay after all".  Roll Eyes

He hinted around for weeks that was getting fired.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
Deval
Australia 

What one lacks in skill, he makes up for with alts

61207412 61207412   Death_Jester_King   HitCowsWithCars
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/11/03 at 05:00:45 »
Quote Quote

That's a bit harsh  Undecided
IP Logged

'Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?'
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: 07/11/03 at 08:17:21 »
Quote Quote

I forgot what spell this was for. Maybe it can still be added.

Clerics have always sworn to protect good and destroy all evil that may stand in their path. Nearly three centuries ago, an evil undead knight named Blakein terrorized the people of Nightmist and sought to turn everything in the realm evil to fight on behalf of the dark side. For over a year and a half dark battled good in the sieges of Balon. For much of that time, evil was prevailing pushing the good back farther. The master cleric Tailon sought to find a spell that would be powerful enough to help the warriors battle the evil and turn the tide of the siege. He studied hundreds of ancient books looks for the spell that would help his sides knights prevail over evil in the siege. Their last stronghold, the city of Nightmist was being bombarded by evil when he finally found the spell to save them. He directed the spell at the warriors fighting on the good side; it increased the damage done to evil by those it affected and is the reason the good prevailed in the end.

When I gave this to him Pandilex even had the gall to accuse me of having someone else write it saying that I diddnt...  Roll Eyes

Whatever, the past is the past. Pandilex, if you still want to use that description, be my guest.
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: 07/11/03 at 12:56:19 »
Quote Quote

Divine Light?
Righteous Fury..?

Anyway, the point is..

Im fed up of being:
'Kamey is a Jaguar. Desc to be done - Pandilex'

Surely it can't take too long to make up the description for such things?
IP Logged

Dwaerkyn

GIVE IT TO USSSSS!!!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: 07/11/03 at 19:09:56 »
Quote Quote

Consecrated Embrace I think...
IP Logged

I'm hungry!
AlliedAssault

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 07/22/03 at 06:54:18 »
Quote Quote

Alone sit and think for a second. Pandilex is busy with things other then descriptions I am sure. Saying they shouldnt take that long doesnt matter. Before you become a critic toward others why dont you make up your own description and submit it to Pandilex and see if that helps.
IP Logged

My main is Alliedassault.
CPG
USA 

dude hit guy wif lol

VinzcentXS
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: 07/22/03 at 07:39:59 »
Quote Quote

I'm sure Pandilex could put some of his time to better use developing the game. For how long the April Fool's joke went on, he could have gotten a lot of descriptions done. Same thing with all the random stuff he does. I would just like to see him spend his time on things that will actually benefit the game instead of take space in someone's profile.
IP Logged

alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: 07/22/03 at 12:01:21 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 06:54:18, AlliedAssault wrote:
Alone sit and think for a second. Pandilex is busy with things other then descriptions I am sure. Saying they shouldnt take that long doesnt matter. Before you become a critic toward others why dont you make up your own description and submit it to Pandilex and see if that helps.

My descriptions would suck big time...

The reason i bought it up, was cus theres been more and more talk about Pay to Play. And having little bits like that missing, kind of makes the game look bad(if it was to go p2p).

It's the little things that make the difference.

This was and is, in no way a way to pick on, nor have a go at Pandilex, im sure he is very busy.  But rather than bring out a whole new class, to (Maybe?) take peoples eyes away from the small things that are missing, maybe the small things should be finished...
IP Logged

Nocturnal
United_Kingdom 

Elmer Season!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 07/22/03 at 13:37:13 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 07:39:59, KasumiFire wrote:
I'm sure Pandilex could put some of his time to better use developing the game. For how long the April Fool's joke went on, he could have gotten a lot of descriptions done. Same thing with all the random stuff he does. I would just like to see him spend his time on things that will actually benefit the game instead of take space in someone's profile.
When Nightmist goes P2P, then you would have an excuse to tell Pandilex what to do with the game seeing as you are paying to play it.

But right now it's free so don't expect a perfect game with every little thing done automatically. Simon and JLH shouldn't have to spend all of their time working on a free game 24/7 just to please a small crowd, they are allowed to have some fun. Just be patient and you will get the results you're after eventually. (Why not help them by suggesting ideas for descriptions?)
IP Logged

Daffy, Custard, Firestorm, Abundance and Nocturnal
Nocturnal Inc.
Momba
USA 

Life isn't to be observed,it is to be experienced.

Old_School_Freak2003  
View Profile

« Reply #10 on: 07/22/03 at 14:21:43 »
Quote Quote

on 07/22/03 at 07:39:59, KasumiFire wrote:

You have no earthy clue how long JLH and Pandilex work on this game daily. Just because you can`t see them running around wiping every n00bs tears that has a complaint doesn`t mean areas, description, etc aren`t being worked on.
 Besides there are 7 other staff members. Why everytime there is something not liked in the game does the finger get pointed at Pandilex...
 Why don`t people just stop crying over things and do it themselves. Instead of a complaint thread why not start one for Desciptions. Then all you educated, creative people can do something constructive with your forum time and we can all be happy.
 I have not found a free online game in which there is more detail anyplace. Every single square in this game has basic, detailed and directional descriptions. Many even have reads. The detail in this game is by far some of the best. And if you find something not right they are pretty quick to fix it. Example: The directional descriptions were messed up shortly after JLH changed a few squares because of what some called over lapping. I simple stood on the square and /bugged it. The next day it was right.
 Pandilex and JLH are extremely smart. But this game has become what it is today because of player suggestions. So open up the ole word document and get the creative juices flowing. When your done post it on the forum. Lets all make Nightmist a better place together...
IP Logged

Thë Äñçïëñt Õñës
Lady_Maha
Germany 

I found my Tao - how about you?

81348228 81348228   tannygurl   Tanja+Hilton
View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: 07/22/03 at 17:09:09 »
Quote Quote

Description suggestion:

Karney is a Jaguar. Her luxurious interior proves the superiority of English taste, the fine leather seats are more comfortable than a la-z-boy, and her engine purrs softly as a kitten. Her only downside is the extensive use of fuel, but if you can afford her, paying for gas shouldn't be a problem.

No wait, got the wrong Jaguar here, so let's do a description for the animal:

Karney is a Jaguar. She has spotted fur, and her muscular body only lets you guess her immense strength. Her feline eyes easily focus on any prey even at night, just to pounce upon it with amazing speed.
IP Logged

If you want to become whole, first let yourself become broken. (Lao Tse in the Tao Te Ching)
Bean
Canada 

I can be your angel, I can be your saviour

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 07/24/03 at 10:01:03 »
Quote Quote

I like the first one. Go with that one Tongue
IP Logged

Chars: Bean, Kulidian, Elka, Elerabin *All four currently being leveled*
Zylia
USA 

sieramaearien   sieraxff7
View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 07/26/03 at 16:47:37 »
Quote Quote

I'm sure that if you wrote up a description and submitted it to him in an email or something he would consider it. If it is what he's looking for then I don't see why it couldn't be used. Might help him out a little bit more than complaining about how descriptions never get finished.
IP Logged
alone

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: 07/27/03 at 12:00:49 »
Quote Quote

on 07/26/03 at 16:47:37, Zylia wrote:
complaining about how descriptions never get finished.

I never said once i was complaining about things never getting done.

I was just curious as to how long 'coming soon' meant..
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.