Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Beach/Water Area? »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/14/24 at 14:44:39

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Beach/Water Area?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Beach/Water Area?  (Read 281 times)
Ender

Email

Beach/Water Area?
« on: 07/06/03 at 18:09:26 »
Quote Quote

A Friend did this, please laugh at him, not me. Ravage in-game.

It is one room.

You step in to a large opening in the cave, all around you is surrounded in stone the room is lit by many torches which simmer of gold, standing in the middle of the room is Titan. As if he was waiting for you?

Boss Drop: Titan Staff
  The Staff is a gold crested silver staff which holds a Topaz orb at its tip, which glows with a celestial light.

Base Damage:- 20
Vamparic:- 0.2
Intelligence modifier:- 1
Level needed to equip weapon:- 30

Can be used by - Mages, Clerics, pacifists.

Boss:- Titan.

Titan is a huge statue of gold stading 20 feet high. He holds a Titans Staff in one hand, and a golden shield in the other. As he thunders for you, his body clanks mechanically.

Doesn't seem too bad, even a retard like him can do this!!

Post what you think! Wink
IP Logged
Harath

View Profile

Re: Beach/Water Area?
« Reply #1 on: 07/06/03 at 18:10:55 »
Quote Quote

Seems like a good idea, I just have a few questions though: Where would this square be? What is the Titan's HP/damage/attack going to be?  

Edit: Also I'd work on the descs a little, seem kinda bland.
IP Logged
Ender

Email

« Reply #2 on: 07/06/03 at 18:12:51 »
Quote Quote

500k hp.

Can hit for 50 damage x2 at the same time, like a Rapid Fire.

Spell: Rusty Wind. - 75, one at a time.

Weapon: Staff Wink.
IP Logged
Ender

Email

« Reply #3 on: 07/06/03 at 18:19:00 »
Quote Quote

* Ender sighs.

He asked, where can Beach Trail be? OMFG HOW WOULD YOU KNOW!?
IP Logged
Valeska

¨·°¤«Lädý Ðêàth»¤°·¨

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 07/06/03 at 19:09:26 »
Quote Quote

A one square area really isn't much of a challenge, yes the descriptions do need work i will admitt. The boss is not much of a challenge either for such a powerful weapon. Not to mention Pacifists cannot equip weapons, only armor.  

If you really want to put a nice outline together, here are some suggestions that I go by myself:  

1. Consider the areas already ingame. Think of what you could add that is somewhat similar or equal to them without making current ones useless. Same with the boss drop, and remember that not all areas must have a boss- they just have to be descriptive and fun, and make sense lol.
2. Make sure when you post your ideas here you add all of the relevant information that Pandilex has listed on the Development Forum Rules thread, that always helps a bit!
3. Use spellcheck! It's your best friend Wink I've also found that www.dictionary.com helps lots with tedious descriptions.
4. New ideas are always great. Again looking at commands that already exist, you could possibly think of some that don't. (i.e /examine)  
5. And don't forget about the NPC's! They are always useful for hinting & helping players along those extreme confusing adventures. (Vote for smarter NPC's!!)

I'm not directing these specificly at anyone, rather anyone who is interested in area development because I know sometimes it's hard without a little bit of motivation. Wink

Well I guess thats about all I can think of for now, if anyone would like to mention something that I haven't please do. I'm sure it would also help broaden the minds of anyone who is interested in submitting an area. Tongue

IP Logged

http://caprikorn.vze.com & http://samusmaps.vze.com/
Sausage

Email

« Reply #5 on: 07/06/03 at 19:58:57 »
Quote Quote

I'd just let everyone know how stupid I am. When I first look at the stats on the Titan Staff I thought it would give you  
-20 armor, -0.2 Vampiric, -1 Intelligence. None the less I thought this was just a stupid joke thread. But I read it through again. I don't know if I support this idea... Nothing against it really.. I dunno. Bye.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.