Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Treasure Island »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 14:07:36

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Treasure Island
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Treasure Island  (Read 590 times)
Wisdom
USA 

All a board

View Profile

Treasure Island
« on: 02/23/03 at 21:35:38 »
Quote Quote

Island

This island is filled with some vast amounts of fruit trees, unexplored caves, water falls and deadly sand pits. Islanders, pirates, and wild animals roam the island. The islanders have never seen people before, so you might want to stay clear of them; no telling what they will do to you.Pirates that been here before come back to hide their gold or to get fruits and meet for their long trips back home. The pirates can be mean, and will kill anyone tries to steal their gold. There are a lot of wild animals; monkeys, boars, birds, snakes and wild cats.

The island itself is a big mystery. That has  unexplored caves with daimons, gold and water holes leading under water to a bed of pearls. Watch out for snakes swimming around. Islanders say there is a  snake that is  one hundred feet long with a fifteen-foot mouth that will swallow you whole.It protects the pearls. There are a lot of pearls down there, but only a few people have  been down there, and have survived to tell stories of a large snake. some have seen a black pearl
down there. This island with its untouched wealth needs to be explored by brave, and noble men.Only a few are capable.

Levels
20-30

Characters aloud in this area are.

Thelfs
Rangers
Paladins

Monsters are.

Pirates  
Monkeys
Wild Cats
Boars
Snakes
Islanders

Bosses will be.

Captain ( Drops 20k and pearl)
Cabin Boy ( Drops Key to get into Captains quarters )
Drunken Sailor ( Drops gold, pearl, Black pearl) ‘Note’( he will not drop gold, pearl or black pearl at the same time, but will drop one at a time after a kill, rarely will he drop the black pearl.

I will edit this topic with maps, when i can figure out how to make maps.

If you think this will be a good area please email me at Wolfvirus81@yahoo.com or add me to msn at Wolfvirus81@hotmail.com. I have a lot of ideas for this area.                          

IP Logged
King_Macros

Email

Re: Treasure Island
« Reply #1 on: 02/24/03 at 04:01:43 »
Quote Quote

i like the idea, but how you came up with the class restrictions, beats me.
IP Logged
Wisdom
USA 

All a board

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/24/03 at 05:01:43 »
Quote Quote

Because this is an island with pirates and wild animals. Levels under 20 are like children to me, would you send you 10 or 13 year old son to an island alone? So i like this island should be for adults or adept, 20 to 30 . See what i am saying.
IP Logged
Clayton

Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/24/03 at 12:07:07 »
Quote Quote

I think what hidden was acually wondering is, why only thief, ranger, paladins can enter? Those classes seem to have nothing in common from my point of view.
IP Logged
Wisdom
USA 

All a board

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/24/03 at 19:49:34 »
Quote Quote

I think thieves, rangers, paladins, fighters, can join the area. Because this is an island with gold and wealth, so you need thieves to steal, rangers to find the gold and hunt down pirates.
Paladins to help fight and heal; clerics are not fighters only healers and you will need both healer and fighter for this area so I picked the paladin. Fighters to fight off the islanders and  pirates.
IP Logged
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/24/03 at 21:39:05 »
Quote Quote

A more of a storyline depth is needed for class restrictions.  Not the tactics you imagine one would use.
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/24/03 at 22:26:47 »
Quote Quote

Ummm some one could bring in 4 clerics and 2 fighters and be good so why the class restrction. Everyone has their own tactics.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/24/03 at 22:31:08 »
Quote Quote

A class restriction only makes sense if it fits the story (as in only the holy can find a way into such-n-such church, or a thief is the only one bright enough to work a lock) or if it is necessary for the balance of the area (certain classes are much stronger than others at any given level; hence a monster suitable for a level 15 fighter would slaughter a level 15 mage in about 2 seconds). If balance is the issue, it should still be worked into the story somehow.

And in a perfect world I would be working from home...I'm just saying.
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
Wisdom
USA 

All a board

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 02/25/03 at 02:10:29 »
Quote Quote

If the staff likes my idea, and will help me make it i guess i'll have all classes. because i already made a map and it looks good. I just need a staff member to look at it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.