Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Holy Ground (A new form of area) »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 13:53:07

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Nightmist Development
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Zephie, Pandilex)
   Holy Ground (A new form of area)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Holy Ground (A new form of area)  (Read 414 times)
Silverwizard
Canada 

The Great And Powerful Wizard

View Profile

Holy Ground (A new form of area)
« on: 02/21/03 at 01:01:09 »
Quote Quote

Holy Ground

This forest has been controlled by clerics and the servants of the good deities (I am assuming this is a typical fantasy setting that is polytheistic like others) for hundreds of years and it was always sitting in a pocket universe as a place for clerics and paladins to meditate. The growing forces of evil have recently ripped it out of that universe and moved it into this one. The deities of evil have decided that it should stay on this plane of existence for they claim good does not need a refuge. Soon after this safe haven became an entirely different thing, a haven for evil to destroy the forces of good. Also the forces of good have another reason for wanting to keep this area outside of this plane, a powerful artefact of evil that was claimed by a good paladin is stored here.

This area was created for people of evil alignment it would come into play differently when/if alignment is created.

Main Paths:
Walk in: This forest seems to glow with purity you can almost feel the good emanating from the ground.
Look: There are clerics and paladins walking around they move to attack any of the non-holy people that are in this forest that should be totally dedicated to peace. Bunnies and Deer walk around and are protected by the clerics and paladins.

Small Paths:
Walk in: This path is not quite as well groomed as the main trail. The roots of tree seem to try to stop your movement. The clerics and paladins are here too they seem to be more edgy though. You see no bunnies. (I recognize that this description is longer than that of the look but there is a reason as explained in the look [you almost trip])
Look: You barely look around when as you stop looking at your footing you almost trip. All you see in this short time is a small castle in the distance.

I would like feed back I have a map of the area made and will start on the castle once I get an opinion from staff members.

***EDIT***
PS I have an idea for the clerics before alignment is implmented but I would have to mess with the actual VB monster code and a grid code and since I only know the basics of VB I might need a little help with it. (VERY little hopefully)
« Last Edit: 02/21/03 at 01:24:58 by Silverwizard » IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

Re: Holy Ground (A new form of area)
« Reply #1 on: 02/21/03 at 05:26:58 »
Quote Quote

Is this like a court yard of that castle your planning?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 02/21/03 at 13:03:34 »
Quote Quote

This is the main forest where clerics came to meditate and then castle is where 'the artefact of evil' is being stored.
IP Logged

The Silverwizard, The Great and powerful Wizard, And the Over Lord Of The Warroirs Of The Mist
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 02/21/03 at 18:56:42 »
Quote Quote

You have something interesting going there.  Provide me a map of the general area and some descriptions and we'll see what we can do.
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 02/21/03 at 20:55:44 »
Quote Quote

Thanks Stotic I have a map of the forest made and I can get the castle made pretty quickly (I did not fine tune it yet because I wanted to wait for staff aproval). The map was made in MS paint so it is not really the greatest. I do not acctually know how to put an image on the forum could you please tell me another way of getting into contact? Oh yeah my Comp freezes up everytime I try to send an e-mail with an attachment.
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: 02/21/03 at 21:37:23 »
Quote Quote

contact myself on aim.  Send the descriptions in email.  Have you tried converting the .bmp to .jpg so it is smaller?
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 02/21/03 at 21:39:50 »
Quote Quote

1) it is .bmp
2)* Silverwizard has to go quickly make an AIM lol
IP Logged

Silverwizard
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 02/22/03 at 16:28:06 »
Quote Quote

Ok am building the castle for your benifit Stotic. I have also begun the create the Blade of the Underworld the artefact of evil.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.