Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Bind »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 09:26:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Mage Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Bind
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bind  (Read 537 times)
Prophet

Email

Bind
« on: 06/09/03 at 18:29:49 »
Quote Quote

Yes, it is an idea from Revelation.  

You can cast a spell, binds the opponent to the ground.

They can't move for 20 seconds?
IP Logged
Belgarion

== The Will and The Word ==

View Profile

Re: Bind
« Reply #1 on: 06/09/03 at 19:04:37 »
Quote Quote

Even though it is from Revelation, its still a good idea and a good spell, and lord knows mages need something...
IP Logged

--=<Charcoal~Porkie~Limp~Scrounge~Gromit~Katch~Bracko~Junkie~Raith>=--
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 06/09/03 at 19:32:36 »
Quote Quote

Rich, if you look down the forum. Stodge posted this idea but called it Freeze, and said it would take all the stamina.

I dont really like the idea of tying someone to the ground, i'd much prefer a slow spell. However, it would be nice to see this tested for a month or so.
IP Logged
Prophet

Email

« Reply #3 on: 06/09/03 at 21:14:40 »
Quote Quote

I saw stodge posted it, didnt fully read it, and it wasn't as a good idea i think.
IP Logged
Tadpole
USA 

¨»Frôggý§tÿÍ諨

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 06/10/03 at 12:53:34 »
Quote Quote

NM been boring lately cuz all ppl do is hit and run anymore and they dont stay to fight. This would be a good spell just for that  Tongue
IP Logged

The game will never be the same no matter how much fame or success they obtain, there will never be another me and no matter what they do there will never be another you.
Jurian
Netherlands 

Lillium inter spinas, The lilly among thorns

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: 06/10/03 at 13:11:55 »
Quote Quote

i would prefer slow to bind but any of em would be good :d
IP Logged

I dream about how it's going to end,
Approaching me quickly.
Leaving a life of fear,
I only want my mind to be clear.
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 06/11/03 at 17:18:17 »
Quote Quote

While the rest of us wouldn't want mages to become over powered, but they would be with the slow spell, unless it was somehow changed.
IP Logged
Eternyte
Wales 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 06/11/03 at 17:53:49 »
Quote Quote

Feel honored that I searched for this for you Harath. Feel free to agree or disagree.

on 04/29/03 at 22:07:05, Eternyte wrote:
I disagree with mages getting stamina earlier, as I like the difficulty mages are to train. However I do think at level 30 they should reap more rewards.

I dont think they need higher hp, or higher mp either. Although like I have stated in previous posts I think mana costs for spells should be lowered greatly.

Recently I have been thinking about mages from a more realistic point of view. This being that they are very feeble, and get hurt by damage greatly. However are extreamly devastating and powerful magic users.

I've been contemplating that Aura of Protection be changed very slightly, i.e. it is no longer a personal armor spell for the mages. Maybe it should be changed into a party protection spells, creating a force field or a magical aura around the party. This would be like a mass invisibility without the huge pking advantage as the party would still be visible just protected.

Then the main armor spell (if any at all is kept) would be mana shroud. This would give everyone a decent advantage of beating a mage. By rounding it or by other means, due to their lack of endurance.

This I feel should only happen if spell costs are lowered, thus mages could carry more needed pots in duels.

Then I would like to see other spells from other posts being implemented.
Slow, Vamparic spell, Mana leech wepon, Haste (changed so mage regains full stamina), square damaging spell (like devastate pre-reset), the changed Aura of Protection, and the major boss drop of the current devastate.

You might argue that these spells would overpower mages, but with their decreased armor they would be more suspect to critical hits. However, if the class attacking messes up they will be destroyed.
These spells would also enable mages to have a go at taking on parties, most people feel they should be able to do so. However, with that chance comes the fear of the party killing the mage, once again due to lower armor, therefore more likely to die.

This would also add to mages being more tactical in winning duels, instead of casting haste and armor, then beaming and hoping for the best.
In the hands of a good magical tactician the mage would be powerful, in another hands it would be useless.

What do you think?

As I have said, that mages would be powerful, but very easy to be taken out with decent hits. I want mages to be good yes, but not invincible.
IP Logged
Harath

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 06/11/03 at 18:22:06 »
Quote Quote

I'm very honored

* Harath bows to Eternyte

No sarcasm meant there lol, I've read that before and I pretty much agree with it, mages do need something imo, I'm just not sure what.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.