Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Thieves Unite! »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/01/24 at 21:29:04

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Individual Class Discussion
   Thief Class Discussion
(Moderator: Pandilex)
   Thieves Unite!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thieves Unite!  (Read 2810 times)
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

Re: Thieves Unite!
« Reply #20 on: 02/18/03 at 09:19:34 »
Quote Quote

i did that a long time ago. it was called Nightmist's Sexiest Thieves. was some fun. it becomes a hassle though, just about every member has to juggle alliances between the thief clan and the clan that all thier other alts are in. all the while your leaders have to keep an eye for spies and members who turn spy at some point.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Bishop
USA 

Draco Honoris - Fighting for Honor and Goodness

View Profile Email

« Reply #21 on: 02/18/03 at 16:00:31 »
Quote Quote

heh, that sounds like any other clan of a reasonable size.
IP Logged

"What you fear in the night in the day comes to call anyway."
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #22 on: 02/18/03 at 18:54:26 »
Quote Quote

I agree with Bishop .... not to mention the game would get pretty boring if noone ever tried to kill us ... "tried" as in they would die sqealing like a little girl ....
IP Logged

Fight
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #23 on: 02/19/03 at 05:23:16 »
Quote Quote

if anyone thinks this is a good idea then page/memo fight ingame
IP Logged

Fight
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: 02/19/03 at 17:31:58 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/03 at 09:19:34, dognapot wrote:
i did that a long time ago. it was called Nightmist's Sexiest Thieves. was some fun. it becomes a hassle though, just about every member has to juggle alliances between the thief clan and the clan that all thier other alts are in.

From a role playing point of view alts in other clans shouldnt play a factor....unless this particalr thief is allied with another clan.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
dognapot
USA 

rock over london, rock on chicago

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: 02/19/03 at 19:38:27 »
Quote Quote

im hardpressed to think of another player besides me who uses thieves for such a majority of thier time. if an exclusively thief clan were to happen again i know i'd have a hard time getting people to show force when considering they'd be showing force against clans that thier non-thief alts would reside in. it could happen but it would be like getting all dolled up with nowhere to go. it's too bad too, very few people are prepared to fend off 3 thieves used by one person, a dozen used by 5 or more people would devastating.
IP Logged

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you`ll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine
Cupcake

I love this game more than taffy!

faux_pas17   faux+pas17
View Profile

« Reply #26 on: 02/19/03 at 19:42:18 »
Quote Quote

unfortunatly youre right. Either people role playing the thieves wouldnt want to attack that their "alts" were in, and even if they did their "alts" clan wouldnt like that person doing so, not understanding the role playing aspect.
IP Logged

I'm handin' out beat downs like lollie pops. You in the mood for a sucka, sucka?
Valentine

Welcome to  the  human race.

hillarydavis2000
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: 02/19/03 at 21:01:35 »
Quote Quote

You could not let on who your alts are...
IP Logged

"Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to be controlled by good people, by people who love you." Ender's Game
Some of us are more human than others.
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #28 on: 02/20/03 at 05:18:52 »
Quote Quote

If there is any problems with people not wanting to kill their alts clans then we will address that when it comes .... if you guys really want to do something about it we could make an alts of thiefy clan clan lol .... did anyone but me actually understand that name ... it would be a clan for the alts of the thieves in the all thief clan .
IP Logged

Fight
The_Colonel

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The15thstooge
View Profile Email

« Reply #29 on: 02/20/03 at 22:02:25 »
Quote Quote

and to add to my previous post ... nobody has to participate in the killing of their alts clannies .... there will simply be no allys except personal ones
IP Logged

Fight
Xaviers_Shadow

You Be Dead!

View Profile

« Reply #30 on: 03/05/03 at 12:00:41 »
Quote Quote

im not even a thief but if all the thiefs were to join together, create an all thief clan and retake the dessert then i would be impressed and you would have my respect
IP Logged

Hate and Greed is what rules this world and i want my unfair share
Doublement

Contact Gaddy, Prism, Ceaser, or Mercury in game.

Gaddy101
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: 03/15/03 at 08:39:16 »
Quote Quote

chase....you've got 1 lvl 22 thief without great stats....its funny to see how enthusiastic you get about them...(we are still looking for a lvl 27ish one to buy though  Wink )
IP Logged

You see to live is to suffer, but to survive, well, thats to find meaning in the suffering.
Slippin' by DMX

/bounce should be an emote.

gad- v. to wander about aimlessly seeking amusement
Dafydd Vaid

If Tricycles Came With Guns, We'd All Be Safe

1313131313 1313131313   but+if+I+did+i'd+tell+you   don't+have+one
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: 03/15/03 at 19:51:33 »
Quote Quote

I belive that we theives should not just start a clan, but take it further, creating a Forteress of Theives. It would heal us, nourish us, maybe even equip us? All theives would be allowed to teleport to this stronghold for whatever our needs may be at the time. This would raise us above other classes. We would send out Theft-Teams to sneak around and find our enemies' hiding places. Then we would mass our armies and swarm down upon our opposition, completely destroying them, making us the most feared class, raising us to the top. Under the Leadership of the Sysop we have chosen to rule over us (Stotic) we will reign over Nightmist, creating the Infinite Dynasty of Theives.
IP Logged

As we slowly spiral towards our destruction, we can only look back in agony and see how we screwed up.
Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: 03/16/03 at 06:43:05 »
Quote Quote

Talk about an unbalanced class lol
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #34 on: 05/10/03 at 18:33:25 »
Quote Quote

Listen if you do deside to make an all thieves clan pg/memo Xsyko ingame coz ill join.  Cheesy
IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
Delrith
Great_Britain 

I saw, I came, I clicked...

View Profile

« Reply #35 on: 05/12/03 at 09:08:10 »
Quote Quote

I say raise thieves normal attacks and higher there assassinate
IP Logged

Delrith ingame
Pazzer

Prepare to be burnt

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: 05/12/03 at 20:41:22 »
Quote Quote

Whoa certainly raise there normal attack
IP Logged

contact me on Pazzer
The Joker

RyderOfTheNite
View Profile

« Reply #37 on: 05/18/03 at 17:03:20 »
Quote Quote

All thieves clan..tried that a long time ago...Dont really work..as everyone said
IP Logged

¤»^» Thê Jøkêr «^«¤
Neverman

Thieves Rule!

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: 10/19/03 at 16:41:48 »
Quote Quote

I just started an all thieves clan; however, the only thieves in it are all mine. I don't like the other classes. mp is too hard to maintain, and fighters/zerkers are to vulnerable to, well, thieves! I tried a ranger, but you don't get the good stuff until later...

If anyone is interested, I am looking for Founders with clan leadership experience, as I am a newb! I have 21 gold to my name right now, and I'm only a level 16 (First Thief/First crit), but I thought that it would be cool to have an all-thief clan. We could run around in large groups pking/stealing from other clans.

I have thought about the whole problem with having alts in other clans, and I understand that I can't force someone to have only thief crits and they only be in the Thief clan, but honor among thieves would have to be the rule of the day. If they aren't in the clan they are fair game, even if your alt gets hit by members of the clan.

My clan is called Sanctuary Underground, and I just started it like two days ago after sellilng a decent crit. I have only one area in the clan house, and it isn't even set up as a room yet.

That is why I'm looking for anyone interested in Founders positions... I'm in need of funding to get the Clan House built up. The clan house is in an easy to get to spot in NM. From the southern entrance go to the first 4-way then 4 East, and it's on the south side.

Anyone interested, you can page/memo me in game.

I'm also going to post a similar message on the clans forum...
IP Logged
Isengard
USA 

~~Hell's Cognitive Therapy~~

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: 11/06/03 at 19:47:16 »
Quote Quote

Grin an-all thief clan would be very interesting + overpowering too
but who's gonna lead the thieves from towns to other towns and from places to places fast??
a druid? a mage?
IP Logged

*Click* *Click*:" I*'LL* SEE* YOU * ON * THE * DARK * SIDE * OF * THE * MOON * "
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.