Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Ingame update bug »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/06/24 at 15:33:02

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Technical Support
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Ingame update bug
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Ingame update bug  (Read 823 times)
Elantrix
Australia 

Gigastorm

61589968 61589968   MSN:+elantri_x@hotmail.com   Elantrix1
View Profile WWW

Ingame update bug
« on: 02/08/04 at 03:43:20 »
Quote Quote

Reproducibility: Always
Severity: minor

Description:
Whenever I try to update pictures, it seems to show no internet activity and continues to say updating pictures. As soon as I try switching to updating Autoupdate it displays this message.

Picture: http://gigastorm.pacificgamers.org/~elantri_x/tw/nm_netbug.jpg
IP Logged
Akira
England 

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."

Jimi_Zeppelin2002   NintendoGameAce
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Ingame update bug
« Reply #1 on: 02/08/04 at 05:30:16 »
Quote Quote

If you're on a slow connection, it may just be that the pictures are taking a while to download.
Try leaving it for about 5 minutes to see if it does download all of the pictures.
IP Logged

"At last the sun is shining, The clouds of blue roll by,
With flames from the dragon of darkness, the sunlight blinds his eyes."
Elantrix
Australia 

Gigastorm

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: 02/09/04 at 05:27:26 »
Quote Quote

on 02/08/04 at 05:30:16, Akira wrote:
If you're on a slow connection, it may just be that the pictures are taking a while to download.
Try leaving it for about 5 minutes to see if it does download all of the pictures.

If you check my DU meter, you'd see that there is no activity for about 2-3 minutes, I'm guessing there's no timeout when the connect goes dead.

Even if it's a slow connection, it's still an error that can be fixed.
IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: 02/09/04 at 23:07:23 »
Quote Quote

is this when you do a request to update pics on the help menu? or when you come across an item that has recently had a pic added? and nightmist attempts to get it.
has this always not worked for you?
i will look into timeouts, they were never added initially since the client very rarely went wrong in downloading a tiny pic file, but with the amount of system config's out there, it's now worth doing.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Elantrix
Australia 

Gigastorm

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: 02/11/04 at 12:54:35 »
Quote Quote

on 02/09/04 at 23:07:23, JLH wrote:
is this when you do a request to update pics on the help menu? or when you come across an item that has recently had a pic added? and nightmist attempts to get it.
has this always not worked for you?
i will look into timeouts, they were never added initially since the client very rarely went wrong in downloading a tiny pic file, but with the amount of system config's out there, it's now worth doing.

Yes, when I click on the update pics in the help menu.

I'm not sure, But I have noticed recently and thought it was worth telling you's.

Can you also trap some of the errors into a text file eg error.log, because errors like those shouldnt close down NM.

I'm not running anything rare, except for the 56k modem which shouldnt effect my downloading. I'm guessing the client doesnt close the socket when you update pics and continues to wait for the server to give it the close socket command.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.