Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Serious: Forced Reboots »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/15/24 at 09:16:36

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist Online - Please read the terms of use before posting here
   Technical Support
(Moderators: JLH, Pandilex)
   Serious: Forced Reboots
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Serious: Forced Reboots  (Read 906 times)
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

Serious: Forced Reboots
« on: 12/07/03 at 23:34:28 »
Quote Quote

Foremost, I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here, but my problem has happened while playing NM numerous times.  

Problem: Often while I'm on my computer I'll see my screen go blank and my computer automatically re-starts itself, out of nowhere. It did it right before I was preparing to start this thread initially and it did it again right after it restarted right after Windows Loaded. Also, it does it just about anytime; it's random. Sometimes when I'm turning my comp. on in the morning while it's starting up for the first time that day. When I'm online, offline. Whenever.  

Whenever it reboots I get a message saying:  

'This system has recovered from a serious error.'

Error Signature: BCCode : 50 BCPl : BCP4: 0000001 BCP3 :  BF903FSA BCP4: 0000000 OSUer : 5 _ 1 _ 2600 SP: 0 _ 0 Product 2561 Internet Protocol (IP).  

Reporting Details: This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Microsoft Windows when the proplem occurred, the operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.  

Please, I'm clueless! Help appreciated.

IP Logged
JLH
Game Creator / Administrator
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Serious: Forced Reboots
« Reply #1 on: 12/08/03 at 01:18:44 »
Quote Quote

when did it start happening?
what windows is it? 2000 or xp i think from that
what cpu?
is your machine overheating? look inside and check the cpu fan?
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: 12/08/03 at 01:21:54 »
Quote Quote

Thats odd ... my computer has started doing that as well. Just like a week or two ago... It's done it to me twice now.

Running a um.. Wal Mart pos HP on XP haven't checked a fan yet
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
G Man
USA 

Say hello to my little friend.

8080691 8080691    
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: 12/08/03 at 01:40:59 »
Quote Quote

Overheating will usually cause just a serious hang, rarely will it reboot.  Do you have a virus checker running?  some viruses will force reboots like that.
IP Logged

G*^~-B2K3-~^*G
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: 12/08/03 at 03:50:08 »
Quote Quote

Ok, I'm, sorry for the lack of details in this reply but my computer has already restarted 4 times since I've been trying to type my reply out. Each time between the 4 reboots getting faster and faster. I will explain more later!
IP Logged
Matt
USA 

Abnormaly420
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 12/08/03 at 04:29:15 »
Quote Quote

I have been having this problem while playing Counter-Stike. I would get try to join a server or be in between changing maps and my computer will just.. re-start! heh.. I have tried running a virus scanner and running spy-ware scanner. Nothing has fixed it. (Been going on for a couple months)
IP Logged

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: 12/08/03 at 20:31:12 »
Quote Quote

First, to the virus checking. I have Norton AntiVirus 2003, in which I use to scan my computer almost everyday. I've never found an infection, ever. But, I must wonder, for the mere fact that my Norton started acting up recently. Every 2-3 min. I get a Norton window that pops up saying that it's unable to start the Instant Messenging for infections from downloads. Also, a few days ago it was unable to complete a scan for some odd reason. Along with some other smaller problems within the program.  

Back onto the main focus.  

I haven't always had this problem since I last formated my computer and reinstalled Windows. Even though I keep on having consistent problems since I ordered and recieved this new computer. So I'm going to say, around a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure on this next part. I'll show you my system.  

Windows XP Professional 2002 Version. Service Pack 1.  

Computer: AMD Athlon (tm) XP 2200+
1.80 GHz - 256 MB of Ram.  

My case temp. is fine, how do I check system temperature?
IP Logged
G Man
USA 

Say hello to my little friend.

8080691 8080691    
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: 12/08/03 at 23:01:16 »
Quote Quote

I may be a bit out of date when I say this, but back when I used Norton it was loaded with problems.  I haven't used it in probably 5 or 6 years, but I remember back then having similar issues to those you are describing.  It seemed that every time I updated my virus definitions, it would get just a tad slower until eventually the computer could hardly do anything.  I don't know if Norton still is known for these types of things, though.  Hopefully someone else out there has used Norton and confirm or deny this before you go and wipe it all out.
IP Logged

G*^~-B2K3-~^*G
Medora
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

Dont interrupt me when I'm talking to myself.

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: 12/08/03 at 23:03:27 »
Quote Quote

Mines done that a few times lately as well, and I know my pc is in good shape lol
IP Logged

Belladonna is no longer my main, but a lvl 1 name holder in my account. Maybe Ill update this when I decide whats to be my main next.
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: 12/12/03 at 01:47:27 »
Quote Quote

JLH, do you have any other suggestions? Also, sometimes the various things I'm on will just close. For example, I'll be on Internet Explorer, and I'll get a Windows Error and it forces it to close. Along with AIM and NM.
IP Logged
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 12/12/03 at 05:50:40 »
Quote Quote

pandilex's has been doing that recently when he does particular things with remote desktop, and certain usb device drivers. since pandilex know's what he's doing with computers, i'd put it down to a fault with xp.
IP Logged

Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.
Lavalamp
New_Zealand 

ίλη’π

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: 12/12/03 at 09:02:53 »
Quote Quote

i get that a lot as well, and im running XP Pro.. lmfao must be something to do with XP /shrug my computer is an AMD Athlon XP2000+ running at 1.66GHz, 256MB DDR333 RAM.. and its brand new, so i know there cant be something wrong with the mobo or anything... the CPU temp stays at a normal rate or around 30-35C, which i monitor constantly with software i got with the mobo.. anywayz just thought id say this happens to me too.. maybe we should mass mail ol billy and demand an explanation as to why XP is rather XPerimental Cheesy
IP Logged

Dunkler_Engel/Healer/Cylena/Kalee/Tolv/Meadow/Charisma/Dark_Elfen_One/Emerge/ + A lot more
Starry
New_Zealand 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: 12/12/03 at 09:36:47 »
Quote Quote

Alot of the new cpu's reset when they are getting too hot.. i know a friend oy my dads had a computer that was doing that.. it ended up that the fan was broked and the chip.. went boom =(
IP Logged

Cry me a god dammn river!
Issy
USA 

I am Alpha and Omega; the first and the last

67662135 67662135   Isaiah213   Issyfur
View Profile

« Reply #13 on: 12/12/03 at 12:38:49 »
Quote Quote

There was several machines that did this at work which happened to run XP. Try running a windows update and see if that cures the problem.
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Sera
USA 

Herself in the Heavens, Her beam on the waves..EAP

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: 12/12/03 at 19:41:51 »
Quote Quote

*giggles* I did windows update.. dled 29 critical updates.. Seems to be ok now Smiley
IP Logged

I won't go.. I won't sleep... I can't breathe, until you're resting here with me... I won't leave...I can't hide...I cannot be, until you're resting here with me...
PureMourning
Ethiopia 

View Profile

« Reply #15 on: 12/12/03 at 20:42:32 »
Quote Quote

/t Lavalamp and Seito - Seems like I'm having the same exact situation as you over here.

I've done hours upon hours of Windows Updates, got em' all, and apparently it didn't help much.  

Also, JLH, how do I check my CPU temp.?
IP Logged
Issy
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: 12/12/03 at 23:33:51 »
Quote Quote

you can put a thermometer (the glass one with mercury) and put it by the processor, and leave it there for like..an hour while the PC is on..take t he themometer out and record the temperature.
IP Logged

And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
JLH
United_Kingdom 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: 12/13/03 at 02:28:59 »
Quote Quote

that is not very accurate, your motherboard cd probs has software to do it
or go into the pc bios
IP Logged

Issy
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: 12/13/03 at 03:52:04 »
Quote Quote

ooo, i wasn't aware my bios had that.

Thanks  Cheesy
IP Logged

Oracle
Nightmist Game Staff
United_Kingdom 

Tweeeeeeeeee

msn+=+Oracle_nightmist@msn.com   FnkBunny
View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: 12/13/03 at 10:52:43 »
Quote Quote

lol, JLH the saviour of all pc problems whether todo with nightmist or not!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.