Nightmist Online Forum - http://www.nightmist-online.co.uk
« Nightmist Online Forum - Pk'ing »
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
05/03/24 at 11:54:31

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Nightmist Online Forum
   Nightmist - Improving the game
   Suggestions
(Moderators: Stotic, JLH, Pandilex)
   Pk'ing
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pk'ing  (Read 509 times)
Xien Pk
USA 

<<<Picture made by Xien>>>

View Profile WWW Email

Pk'ing
« on: 02/18/04 at 03:32:18 »
Quote Quote

Why not just make annother class... like the Pacifist, but able to join a clan... Give him some attack stregnth... like the str of a thief (without assassinate), Armor of a thief..  Give them Covert just for the hell of it.. they won't be useing against other ppl...)

The main thing is that they cannot attack, or be attacked by other players.  And, they can be loged on at the same time as other crits.  (But they have no assistance that they give to other ppl; such as spells, and such.)  The up-side of this class is that they get extra damage they deal (<Normal Dmg> X 1.25), and "natural armor"(such as Pacifists, but not as much, due to the fact that they can use some armor).  They can use the same weapons as Fighters.

I just thought of adding annother thing, the ability to craft items (Pots, Armor, Items, and such...)

Anyways, I think this sounds fair to you all... and ofcorse this will cut down on all of that 'fun' that Pk'ers get from killing ppl w/o any chance... (that was not directed at anybody accually, just at Pk'ers in genreal...)

Sry for how long this is... and it's a bit outta order, but I was thinking of it as I went along as I'm sure you all noticed... lol, but anyways, I hope that this idea atleast inspires somebody to think up a better class than this one... (d**n I don't even know a name for this class... and I know that JLH says that the class/race system is 'perfect' atm, but I disagree to be frank.  I think that there should be a class for sombody like me, and my 'NooB' friends...)

Thank you, sry it was so long...
     ~Xien_Pk
IP Logged

[move]"Gotta get up to get down"
Mip
Canada 

ph34r teh cute ones

steven_huynh53   FlamingMoron69
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Pk'ing
« Reply #1 on: 02/18/04 at 03:55:38 »
Quote Quote

I, personally, think that the classes are fine. Unless someone comes up with this brilliant, unique class, I highly doubt JLH will be adding anything that drastic soon.
IP Logged

Click here to feed the hungry. It doesn't cost you a dime. It only takes 5 seconds.

Affinity's End
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: 02/18/04 at 04:18:18 »
Quote Quote

Well... okay then... but I don't... and I don't see why we coulden't try a new class...
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: 02/18/04 at 04:51:58 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 03:32:18, Valos Overide wrote:
 Give them Covert just for the hell of it.. they won't be useing against other ppl...)

With that attitude it seems you're just throwing the class together sloppily and hoping for us to fix the end results.  And why wont they be using covert if they have it?
IP Logged

We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: 02/18/04 at 14:13:08 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 04:51:58, Stotic wrote:

With that attitude it seems you're just throwing the class together sloppily and hoping for us to fix the end results.  And why wont they be using covert if they have it?

I said against ppl (ppl = people, aka: other players.)

And yes, I do want you guys to take these ideas, and build them onto annother class... that is what I said right?..

So...
Did you miss this?
but I was thinking of it as I went along as I'm sure you all noticed...

Or this?

I hope that this idea atleast inspires somebody to think up a better class than this one...

Wink
IP Logged

alone

My beautiful escape. Fall from pain. My suicide.

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: 02/18/04 at 14:18:03 »
Quote Quote

Sorry be to spoil your dreams.. But this idea sucks for many reason I'm not going to mention.. I hope you can work them out for yourself.
IP Logged

Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: 02/18/04 at 14:18:37 »
Quote Quote

A good class cannot be made alone, it needs the idea from all of everybody to be a  good class so that everybody gets their own input.

(The reason why I fight for what I belive in on this game, is because I see that this game has atleast some hope, more than others.)
IP Logged

Wolfgang
USA 

P|-|33|2 /\/\y 14c|< 0F 833|2

DeadKennedy5569
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: 02/18/04 at 20:39:10 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 14:18:37, Xien Pk wrote:
A good class cannot be made alone, it needs the idea from all of everybody to be a  good class so that everybody gets their own input.

(The reason why I fight for what I belive in on this game, is because I see that this game has atleast some hope, more than others.)

I completely dissagree with what you are saying. All it takes is one person, with an idea and the energy/ability/will to create it. And maybe its perfect. But it may also take a community of people to tweak it.

If you want to do something, figure it out for yourself. Do not rely on the next person in line to figure it out for you.

One of the reasons that pacifists work so well is that they cannot join parties, and that they cannot join clans. If they could, questing would become easy to the point of being disgusting. Giving a class the healing powers of a pacifist, as well as the ability to travel with other crits easily is just a bad idea. Pacifists heal large amount of HP using low amounts of Mana. This is very well and good, because they exist for the intent of helping themselves, and others. But then giving a pacifist the ability to attack defeats the entire purpose. they have the ability to do what they do, because they are PURE. The idea behind creating such things as a pacifist with the ability to attack makes no sense.

Blah... I'm sorry. I just do not think this is a good idea at all. I'm not saying that i'm right. I'm just supporting my views on why I personally believe that it is a bad idea.
IP Logged

I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL, PLEDGE ALLEGEANCE -Propagandhi
IG: Wolfgang, Captain Rehab
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: 02/18/04 at 23:56:22 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 20:39:10, Wolfgang wrote:

This is very well and good, because they exist for the intent of helping themselves, and others.  

Oic... but... what?.. I don't get what you're trying to say... it seems like they try to help everybody... so why even mention this?..  Okay, next quote time...

on 02/18/04 at 20:39:10, Wolfgang wrote:

Blah... I'm sorry. I just do not think this is a good idea at all. I'm not saying that i'm right. I'm just supporting my views on why I personally believe that it is a bad idea.

I respect this.  And I hope that in the future there will be somthing that gives ppl a better view of my opinion... now i've just gotta think that somthing up...
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: 02/19/04 at 02:29:47 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 14:13:08, Xien Pk wrote:

I said against ppl (ppl = people, aka: other players.)

How do you use covert against people in the first place?
IP Logged

Wolfgang
USA 

P|-|33|2 /\/\y 14c|< 0F 833|2

DeadKennedy5569
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: 02/19/04 at 02:44:54 »
Quote Quote

on 02/18/04 at 23:56:22, Xien Pk wrote:

Oic... but... what?.. I don't get what you're trying to say... it seems like they try to help everybody... so why even mention this?..  Okay, next quote time...

if you had read my entire post, you would have seen my explination.

Pacifists are supposed to help people. Not hurt them. Such as by... lets say... attacking them. They do not engage in acts of violence. Hence the name... "Pacifist". Undead are different. Its for the greater good to lay them to rest. To release their "tortured souls".

Why would you need to give them the ability to covert...? if they couldnt be attacked. all it would do is give them the ability to avoid monsters. Pacifists already take obscenely low damage. The last thing they need is the ability to take less.
IP Logged

I NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL, PLEDGE ALLEGEANCE -Propagandhi
IG: Wolfgang, Captain Rehab
Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: 02/19/04 at 22:01:09 »
Quote Quote

on 02/19/04 at 02:29:47, Stotic wrote:

How do you use covert against people in the first place?

Hide in a square (coverted) then wait for them to come up to you, and then just assasinate them if you can...  Thats why I mean by 'against' ppl... Undecided
IP Logged

Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: 02/19/04 at 22:05:18 »
Quote Quote

on 02/19/04 at 02:44:54, Wolfgang wrote:
All it would do is give them the ability to avoid monsters. Pacifists already take obscenely low damage. The last thing they need is the ability to take less.

Yes, this is true, but you see... the crit would not be like a pacifist for armor... It would take normal damage... but well... a bit less damage accually... but yea!!1
IP Logged

Stotic
Nightmist Game Staff
USA 

We Can Rise

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: 02/20/04 at 02:26:55 »
Quote Quote

on 02/19/04 at 22:01:09, Xien Pk wrote:

Hide in a square (coverted) then wait for them to come up to you, and then just assasinate them if you can...  Thats why I mean by 'against' ppl... Undecided

Then how would you not use it against people.  Would you automatically come uncovert when another player comes onto your grid?  I wouldn't give them covert to begin with and I agree with the above posters on criticism.
IP Logged

Xien Pk
USA 

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: 02/20/04 at 04:42:34 »
Quote Quote

Okay, I just don't care anymore...

I'm onto the my next idea... witch is a new race!!1
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Nightmist Online Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.